free hit counters
Inch by Inch - Page 7 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 03-25-2018   #73
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Re: Inch by Inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
All that is great, but the problem with these games is, well, I need more than two hands. Ha
You kind of only have one hand in this game. (Can't carry two bottles at once.)
That's understandable given the more complex game mechanics that would be needed for two hands to work.

I have noticed a new problem, in that the game now always starts at the high quality (Low frame rate) mode, and I have to go to advanced graphic settings to get it to remember the mode I like. (I don't have to change them, just open that window.) . Another issue: Sometimes you are staring at something but can't pick it up. This happens with clipboards early in the game. (I'm too tall to reach them?) And all the time with the water.

As for stuff that (I think) is relatively easy to do: An anatomy chart on the wall somewhere would just be a 2d graphic that wouldn't slow down rendering much, but would still give a sense of scale. Maybe at some set height (3 ft?) you fall over and a pile of clothes is left where you were at the time, becoming an obstacle. But you can pull out your bra and use it as a one-time lasso to climb up somewhere.

I'm good with the metric system, and the extra precision with the last digit always changing adds drama. But it is funny how feet and inches is somehow easier to visualize.

So Lucis, are you eventually going to sell this on the Apple store or elsewhere? I think you'd have the next Angry Birds on your hands! (But you'd have to hide the clothes option!)

Last edited by Prof_Sai; 03-25-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2018   #74
OhZone
OhYeah!

Eeee. I mean both my hands are busy otherwise. :P
Unread 03-30-2018   #75
Caddy
is Raddy

I was actually inspired by this game to do a few renders, I tried to upload them, but they were too heavy for the board, so here's a link to them on my Deviantart page: Inch by Inch
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2018   #76
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Wow, those are incredible!
Unread 04-15-2018   #77
armorcommand
Professor of Shrinkology

I look forward to trying this out! I saw a video of it, and it looks delightful.

I work in a lab sooooo.....*takes notes*
armorcommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2018   #78
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Ha ha! They said it wasn't possible. (Well, I said it, actually.) But I got my first win at Professor level. How is everyone else doing on this?
Unread 04-19-2018   #79
mtshrink
ham sandwich

I use custom settings. 6 steps, equipment processor at .9 or .8 shrink rate 1.5, height 5'11 and final height 5 inches. That can be a challenge sometimes. I'll have a ramp up ri the antidote processor and I'll be running up it with the final ingredient and get to small on the ramp. Soooooo much fun I hope they keep working on this. If not it's still great!!

Wanna RP? Shot me a PM
mtshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2018   #80
Anotherfetishguy
أنا رجل مضحك

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtshrink View Post
I use custom settings. 6 steps, equipment processor at .9 or .8 shrink rate 1.5, height 5'11 and final height 5 inches. That can be a challenge sometimes. I'll have a ramp up ri the antidote processor and I'll be running up it with the final ingredient and get to small on the ramp. Soooooo much fun I hope they keep working on this. If not it's still great!!
or you can always eat a muffin:

Last edited by Anotherfetishguy; 04-27-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Anotherfetishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2018   #81
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Where is Lucis? Where has our hero gone?
Unread 04-21-2018   #82
LevelXProject
aka Lucis

I've heard my name and followed the calling! (Actually it's just a coincidence because we just finished our new version, but sshhh!)

We are glad to hear that everybody here is still having fun with our game! :) Marig has worked on a long desired feature and I think it turned out so awesome: Get ready for Sandbox Mode! It's not enough for you to set all those variables in custom game mode? Well, lucky you are that you are now able to change your current shrinking process and other variables in the running game!

Even though this is arguably the biggest change and feature we added we also have been working on various animations, a neat color-fade of the ingredients while they are in the processors, more in-game props like shoes and cups, and also a large array of new, self-recorded sounds and - of course, bugfixes.

You can find a more detailed list with descriptions and the link to the latest versions over here: https://dare-looks.itch.io/inch-by-i...d-sandbox-mode

It took us a while to bring out this new update, but we both have a lot to do with in our daily lifes (you know, university and jobs and all those things coming in the way of what is really important: Programming a game for shrinking-fetishists! :P). We still enjoy working on it - even though after one and a half months monotony starts to kick in - but we can't promise to bring out another big update in the next few weeks or so because of our lack of free time. We still have plans and ideas for the future, nonetheless, like a second, larger map (where we already have the basic layout and ideas for) and stuff like utilizing the PC or introducing new, interesting mechanics to the game. Oh, and of course we still do a lot of bugfixing! So if you find a bug in our game let us know and we'll do our best to take care of it! ;)

PS: We also have made a cool little trailer for our game now. So in case someone wants to see gameplay footage and wants to know what the game is about you can show them this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sBIhSdqbuA.

Last edited by LevelXProject; 04-22-2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Missing Word
LevelXProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2018   #83
Bantlebroth
Lurker

It's amazing. Love it. Thank you, so very much.
Bantlebroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2018   #84
mtshrink
ham sandwich

Love all the new additions. The cups and shoes act like little traps if your too small. Thanks for every update and keep upthe good work!!

Wanna RP? Shot me a PM
mtshrink is offline   Reply With Quote