free hit counters
Little Lodi at the Lab - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-02-2017   #1
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Little Lodi at the Lab

A bad day for Lodi at the lab. She never imagined her experiment could end up like this!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Little Lodi at the Lab.jpg (294.4 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg Little Lodi at the Lab 2.jpg (296.3 KB, 523 views)

Last edited by Prof_Sai; 01-02-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2017   #2
Captain Ash
Adventurer

Re: Little Lodi at the Lab

Very cute!
I like her effort not to wear any fitting clothes at all.

Greetings
Captain Ash
Captain Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2017   #3
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Well it's LOD's fault for thinking that a DNA transporter was a good idea.
Unread 01-02-2017   #4
Prof_Sai
Instigator

I'm going to end up tweaking the clothed version. It felt mean to leave her like that.
Unread 01-02-2017   #5
tjlemke

Meh
tjlemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2017   #6
Doll-Elf
Writer of the Fetishes

I am not sure how that was supposed to go. Did her arms grow super long and her legs become midget legs? WoW Gnomes look more Human than this one.. Did she change race?
Doll-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2017   #7
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll-Elf View Post
I am not sure how that was supposed to go. Did her arms grow super long and her legs become midget legs? WoW Gnomes look more Human than this one.. Did she change race?
If you'll notice the background, all three vanishing points are close enough to prevent any parallel lines in any direction on the 2D plane. So this is a wide angle lens with significant scale reduction due to depth. So her feet are at a different scale then her head - moreso then is usual for drawings. Her arm meanwhile is swinging outward due to centrifugal force, (she's running) and parallel to the image plane. Her pants are wrong, I wanted to get this up before work, and as I said above, I plan on tweaking some details.

But I do like petite curvy figures, I'm not going to give her supermodel proportions. If you want to tease her for being a midget, go ahead, she'll hate that.
Unread 01-02-2017   #8
Doll-Elf
Writer of the Fetishes

No. I meant while you are claiming to have knowledge on how art is supposed to work, it still looks like a child made it in fifth grade.
Her lifted leg almost looks like it's been snapped and it at her side instead of behind. You are using a real image for the background and something done in MS paint for your character. And her arms still look like they belong on a gorilla due to how long they are.
I'm not going to 'tease; the character as if she's a real person because I'm not RPing that. It's not about giving them supermodel proportions. It's about making them look human if they are Human. I'm just seeing a poor attempt at a Gnome right now.
I wouldn't mean to sound so harsh but for the sake of making something. why are you putting a cartoon in a real life background. This isn't 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' (Which by the way did a perfect job on how to do what I am implying)
You obviously have some skill, more than mine because I can't draw due to my shaky hand, but your skill needs improvement and I looked back on your work from 2007 and it's nearly identical. Overtime, most would think artists would improve. Especially with a decade to do so.

Last edited by Doll-Elf; 01-02-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Unread 01-02-2017   #9
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll-Elf View Post
No. I meant while you are claiming to have knowledge on how art is supposed to work, it still looks like a child made it in fifth grade.
No, you are just being a jerk. I stopped reading here.

Edit: And before you engage in the tediously obvious reversal, I only criticized one technical aspect of those poser drawings, and then was able to fix it myself. So yes I am an expert, and you aren't.

Last edited by Prof_Sai; 01-03-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Unread 01-03-2017   #10
Doll-Elf
Writer of the Fetishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Sai View Post
No, you are just being a jerk. I stopped reading here.

Edit: And before you engage in the tediously obvious reversal, I only criticized one technical aspect of those poser drawings, and then was able to fix it myself. So yes I am an expert, and you aren't.
You fixed someone else's work. You said that it wasn't good enough for you so much that you 'fixed' their work. And I don't even see a post of you asking if you could use their work and adjust it to be posted on a forum. You then went to claim that it was better because you did so. Did you tell them that you were going to post it in this forum? I don't seem to be able to find them on here, so they wouldn't know that you are altering their work to claim on how much better of an artist you are unless someone told them.

You basically suggested that their art wasn't good enough and you needed to make it better, yet, my criticism is completely ignored? What are the qualifications of being an expert? Is it to understand art? Make it? Appreciate it? If one cannot make one art (drawing) But can make another (Writing) Does that mean they are forbidden from having an opinion or that their opinion is lesser?

You decided to not even read the rest of what I wrote, similar to a child who plugs their ears when first hearing something they don't like. Regardless of if it worships you or places you in a pit of shame, you should listen. You don't have to like, agree, or even do anything about it, but to shut down any negativity is probably why you haven't evolved much in the past decade.

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.

Prof_Sai, dear. Could you perhaps look into anatomy when you draw? Perhaps put a mirror near your work area to test which movements, poses, and facial expressions you want to use for your art? I know that the creators of Loony Toons do it. Heck, even Disney! And when was the last time Disney ever made anything bad, right?

Last edited by Doll-Elf; 01-03-2017 at 09:28 PM.