free hit counters
Cow Girl Farmer (Cuddlebeam) - Page 15 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 06-17-2014   #169
HC-911
Process Fan

Re: Cow Girl Farmer (Cuddlebeam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddleBeam View Post
I've still been updating on the private board though, this is still afloat.

I'll hopefully finish the game this summer, because I will be at the same situation as like when I was working on the initial part of this, with a lot more time on my hands and I'll probably spam-update like last time if anyone remembers that July-August period. Last year I was in an internship in Germany and this year it will be in the US. Since I didn't have any school/family/money concerns and I'm not a particularly touristic or outgoing person, all I did back home was code and code and code. Right now I'm kind of trying to pay for my own rent (the indiegogo money is still just sitting there though, as achingly annoying as that may be for someone in my situation) and doing uni finals.

The latest content update was how I was going to change the main interface a bit to a top-view look and the sort IIRC.

Anyhoo, lessons learned. I'm not the kind of person to provide a constant trickle of updates, I just sit and grind hours and hours of work in one sitting and then focus on other things for a while (Kinda like that time around January IIRC that I updated once a day too because I wasn't doing anything else). For the next game I'll likely launch it already finished instead of having it be like this.

I really, really apologize for how this has developed a bit unevenly. Its my responsibility to get this done, and I will. Its a pain in the ass to have this weigh down on me, and I believe it is so as well for you guys too. I also kinda want to bask in glory when its all friggin finished and stand proud of having made a game of something I like so much but for now I can't. I have to wait.
Cuddlebeam, when you're finished with this, I'll give it as much love as I can. As only one person from the collective of eager fans, this is both all I can promise and.. I would assume, all you desire of me individually.

I don't have to accept your touching heartfelt apology because there's nothing to forgive. You're doing the best you can, and that's the most anyone can do. You hit some snags, sure. But honestly, to level with you, hearing you're still at it. I'm thrilled, and anxious and excited again.

It's times like this, I wish the net was like it is in Ghost in the Shell, where I can invite you to a digital bar, buy you a digital beer and laugh and slap you on the back when this game is done and say "Hey, Cuddles! You remember when you had a vision and worked real hard and made the best damn cowgirl game ever made?! All because you had the know-how, and the tenacity, and the determination to do it? Yeah, you're that guy, and you did it man."

Since I can't promise to do and say exactly that, I'll have to improv and do the best I can in this limited net-space when the time comes.

I believe in you, Cuddlebeam.
HC-911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014   #170
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Great to see this hasn't been abandoned! Still looking forward to release!
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014   #171
Spero Mcgee
While I breathe, I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhznit View Post
Y'know, there comes a point in development when you can kinda just casually release what you have and just provide a steady flow of updates. Specifically when gameplay is largely stable and there aren't any bugs that completely sabotage said gameplay. A few glitches like rendering issues or item exploits should be fine, those can be patched out with time.

Second, don't go for glory. Ever. Make games because you want to, not because of money, fame, or anything. It is a labor of love that's never perfect. Embrace failure, but learn from it and resolve to do better.
Something like that sounds doable if you could do something like an early access build on steam, but getting on there even with greenlight, good luck, it's going to take a long time.
I doubt glory is on the mind of anyone that starts making games.
It's either because of the potential commercial success (money) it could have or just because you want to make one. (labor of love)
Unless you're a 1 man developer, you kind of need to keep the money aspect in mind at all times, the last thing you want to happen is getting into debts.
Glory, fame and reputation are all things that merely happen if you first game (etc) was sort of a success and people are looking to seeing what you make next.
Which reminds me of the game Dust: An Elysian Tail, that was a really good game.

At Cuddlebeam: Please do keep us up to date on what's going, even if just to say that things are going slow or whatever.

Dum spiro spero (Latin "While I breathe, I hope")
(from wikipedia)

Don't think too much about your dreams.
Embrace them and never give up on them.

http://spero-mcgee.mybrute.com/
Spero Mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014   #172
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Alrighty, uni's done for this year, so I'm back on this.

Studying my code again and my notes to remember where I left off.

My Deviantart: http://cuddle-beam.deviantart.com/
CuddleBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014   #173
ChimeraCorp
Leecher

Hey when will this be available for download?
ChimeraCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2014   #174
MrHHH
Lurker

So, how's it coming along?
Unread 08-23-2014   #175
Muhznit
The Magical Mammary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHHH View Post
So, how's it coming along?
http://cuddlebeam.deviantart.com/jou...tion-472545232
Uncontrollable circumstances are a biiiitch.

I love 'em.
Muhznit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2014   #176
NinjArt
A Ninja of Art

I would say so. Both his' Deviant art and Tumblr are deactivated.
Unread 08-23-2014   #177
Muhznit
The Magical Mammary Man

That's.... not a good sign. They WERE active earlier today. Crap, I hope that's not my fault for pointing it out or anything. D:

RIP Cuddlebeam until further notice.

I love 'em.
Muhznit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2014   #178
HC-911
Process Fan

Yeah, everything's on a super icy hiatus. Well, should Cuddlebeam ever return, he certainly knows where to find me and can reach out to me anytime. (I was working on something for him, but I'm putting that on ice for the duration of his absence out of respect for him.)

He's a good guy. Hope things start looking up for him soon.
Unread 08-25-2014   #179
acme
Nodoka~<3

I only hope his current situation gets resolved, it must a huge pain whats he's going through.
acme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014   #180
HC-911
Process Fan

Yeah, I agree. Nobody should be strong-armed into something like that.

Everybody on the outside looks at our interests as "deviant" unneeded behavior.

I'm of half the mind to try an organize a sort of online support group. Something where people can sit down and discuss fetish with real-world, personal life.. well.. not baggage, but you know what I mean. A judgement free place where people can get together and discuss stuff and scenarios and stuff like this.

It's people like us that are going to be the best resource for coping and getting along with "the world."

I don't know about you guys, but "pervert" and "creep" doesn't come anywhere close to being an accurate label for me. At best I'd accept "Gentleman-pervert" But the gentleman part has to come first! Ha ha!

But no, in all seriousness. A shrink is good for some things. But it's never good when someone butts in on your fun, and tries to change your identity. If there's behavior to be curbed here, it should be a personal decision and one made after self-consideration. If you, yourself, are feeling constricted or addicted or... whatever else have you. But having someone else send you off to somebody... I think that brings the other person into question, no?

I mean it's Cuddlebeam for crying out loud. Cuddlebeam, the guy's name is cuddle. His "fetish" is affection. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And if there is, then we're all doomed. Shrinks or otherwise.

Just my humble opinion and thought on the matter.