free hit counters
Incredible Shrinking Woman Needs a Remake - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-18-2017   #1
SDK
Frequent Poster

Incredible Shrinking Woman Needs a Remake

Thanks to Tiedefender for the idea to start a thread on this separate from the Downsized thread.

With the lack of original ideas in Hollywood, I'd like to see a remake of The Incredible Shrinking Woman.

What actresses would you like to see as the titular character? Changes to the original story? Etc.

I'd look to cast Jenna Fischer, Emma Stone, Anna Faris, Mila Kunis, Laura Prepon, or Kate Beckinsale as Pat Kramer.

I'd change up the story where the first two acts have Pat slowly shrinking. Instead of a corporation lead by John Glover, Id have a female antagonist, played by Morena Baccarin.

Pat escapes the clutches of Baccarins character, and like in the original, seemingly shrinks away to nothing before falling into a chemical that restores her size.

Once Baccarin's character finds out Kramer didnt shrink into oblivion, she uses a more potent shrink chemical. This causes Pat to shrink out of her clothes in a matter of minutes to six inches tall. She crawls out of her clothes, covering herself with her panties only to be snatched by Baccarin.

Somehow, the tiny again Pat gives Baccarin the slip, grabs a giant syringe with shrinking solution, and jabs it into Baccarin's leg. Baccarin lets out an epic "Noooo!!!" as she shrinks into her clothes.

At this point, Im not sure if Id have Baccarin shrink to nothing, be stuck at six inches tall, or wind up smaller than Pat. Either way, with her out of the way, Pat finds the antidote, takes it, and bursts put of the makeshift togo she was wearing.
SDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2017   #2
Shrinkmaster22
Frequent Poster

Re: Incredible Shrinking Woman Needs a Remake

I like the prospect of a remake, and I am a fan of most of the actresses you listed, though I don't like seeing Baccarin as the villain, maybe Charles Theron as she's good at playing both good and bad. Emma stone is also my first choice for the lead with Rachel McAdams as a close second. Though to give us great shrinking process, it would likely need to be R rated and given more of a comedic overhaul. Though with the drama film 'downsizing' coming out, we're unlikely to get another shrinking movie for a while.

...Thank goodness I was able to silence him before he told anyone.
Shrinkmaster22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2017   #3
Tiedefender
Process Master

Some good ideas SDK. The actresses you listed sound good. Though personally I would like to see someone with bigger breast like Sofia Vergara shrinking. The story idea is good. Always did like the idea of shrunken woman covering up with their panties.

I pick Sofia Vergara as Pat Kramer. Katie McGrath can be the villain.

The head of the corporation is a nice guy being manipulated by Katie McGrath to develop a chemical shrinking compound. Her goal is to weaponize it and sell to both sides, and then do the same for the cure. The guy she is manipulating is a Wayne Zalinski type character.

Pat is exposed to the shrinking chemical in an accident. We watch as she shrinks for about 2/3 to 3/4 the film. Katie's character not wanting to wast this opportunity has her studied to make the cure and to improve the shrinking speed.

When she reaches four inches tall she starts sleeping in a padded bra. Then has to live in the lab with her husband watching over her. They try the cure in gas form, but she just shrinks out of sight on her bra.

But the cure worked and is restored. Only for McGrath's character to kidnap and shrink her again with the new formula. Pat shrinks to six inches tall in one minute, and has to use her panties as cover. They guy Katie manipulated saves pat and shrinks Katie.

Happy ending time. Pat is restored and reunited with her family. The shrinking formula sealed for public safety, but still studied to make cures. As punishment Katie has to remain three inches tall for two years or face charges of treason and she knows she can't win. We see her crying in her panties as the guys she manipulated takes care of her, because he still loves her. Before the credits we see he is holding an engagement ring. The inside has an inscription for Katie's character.
Tiedefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2017   #4
lbh
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinkmaster22 View Post
I like the prospect of a remake, and I am a fan of most of the actresses you listed, though I don't like seeing Baccarin as the villain, maybe Charles Theron as she's good at playing both good and bad. Emma stone is also my first choice for the lead with Rachel McAdams as a close second. Though to give us great shrinking process, it would likely need to be R rated and given more of a comedic overhaul. Though with the drama film 'downsizing' coming out, we're unlikely to get another shrinking movie for a while.
I'd like to see Charles Theron as the shrinking woman, she can play all the elements of the role, the embarrassment, the terror even the courage she'd need for when she grow very small.I've seen "Atomic Blond" she could kick a spders ass at any size
lbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2017   #5
SDK
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiedefender View Post
Some good ideas SDK. The actresses you listed sound good. Though personally I would like to see someone with bigger breast like Sofia Vergara shrinking. The story idea is good. Always did like the idea of shrunken woman covering up with their panties.

I pick Sofia Vergara as Pat Kramer. Katie McGrath can be the villain.

The head of the corporation is a nice guy being manipulated by Katie McGrath to develop a chemical shrinking compound. Her goal is to weaponize it and sell to both sides, and then do the same for the cure. The guy she is manipulating is a Wayne Zalinski type character.

Pat is exposed to the shrinking chemical in an accident. We watch as she shrinks for about 2/3 to 3/4 the film. Katie's character not wanting to wast this opportunity has her studied to make the cure and to improve the shrinking speed.

When she reaches four inches tall she starts sleeping in a padded bra. Then has to live in the lab with her husband watching over her. They try the cure in gas form, but she just shrinks out of sight on her bra.

But the cure worked and is restored. Only for McGrath's character to kidnap and shrink her again with the new formula. Pat shrinks to six inches tall in one minute, and has to use her panties as cover. They guy Katie manipulated saves pat and shrinks Katie.

Happy ending time. Pat is restored and reunited with her family. The shrinking formula sealed for public safety, but still studied to make cures. As punishment Katie has to remain three inches tall for two years or face charges of treason and she knows she can't win. We see her crying in her panties as the guys she manipulated takes care of her, because he still loves her. Before the credits we see he is holding an engagement ring. The inside has an inscription for Katie's character.
Nice ideas. Has my two favorite SW themes - shrinking of the clothes and the shrinker becoming the shrinkee.

As much as Id love to see Sofia as an SW, I agree with ibh that Chareze Theron has the better acting chops. Maybe create a supporting role for Vergara where she works for the villain and gets shrunk for disobeying an order.
Unread 09-19-2017   #6
Tiedefender
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Nice ideas. Has my two favorite SW themes - shrinking of the clothes and the shrinker becoming the shrinkee.

As much as Id love to see Sofia as an SW, I agree with ibh that Chareze Theron has the better acting chops. Maybe create a supporting role for Vergara where she works for the villain and gets shrunk for disobeying an order.
I had trouble deciding which actress to use. I could list lost of women to shrink but not all of them are actresses. I did like Gemma Atkinson in Red Alert 3.

Then there is the question of shrinking. Should the shrinking be a constant rate? If it is then how fast? Or shrinking spurts? Is the amount random or a set amount each time? And do the spurts happen at random?

I'm sure people will have there favorite choice. Random shrinking spurts with random shrinking amount would have some funny and embarrassing scenes. Constant shrinking would be good for adapting to changing environments. And we get to see how she handles getting smaller every day.
Unread 09-19-2017   #7
SDK
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I had trouble deciding which actress to use. I could list lost of women to shrink but not all of them are actresses. I did like Gemma Atkinson in Red Alert 3.

Then there is the question of shrinking. Should the shrinking be a constant rate? If it is then how fast? Or shrinking spurts? Is the amount random or a set amount each time? And do the spurts happen at random?

I'm sure people will have there favorite choice. Random shrinking spurts with random shrinking amount would have some funny and embarrassing scenes. Constant shrinking would be good for adapting to changing environments. And we get to see how she handles getting smaller every day.
Shes hot, but I want an actress who can sell the reactions.

Unlike the original, Id want to see short shrinking spurts. Maybe a few inches at a time. It would also present a good opportunity for the ISW to see herself shrink in the mirror and release she is shrinking. Also provides a chance for some cheap thrills (ie. a boob slip - if they go PG-13, she can quickly cover herself).
Unread 09-19-2017   #8
Tiedefender
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Shes hot, but I want an actress who can sell the reactions.

Unlike the original, Id want to see short shrinking spurts. Maybe a few inches at a time. It would also present a good opportunity for the ISW to see herself shrink in the mirror and release she is shrinking. Also provides a chance for some cheap thrills (ie. a boob slip - if they go PG-13, she can quickly cover herself).
Yeah the reactions would have to be spot on. They would go to PG-13, so no complications during sex. Just so many options and I can't pick one. But the boobs slip is a nice idea. Perhaps if she has on a dress or skirt when she shrinks her panties slide off. I wonder if being shrunk would alter the smell of her panties? Since the fast shrinking at the end has her covering up with them.
Unread 09-19-2017   #9
SDK
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Yeah the reactions would have to be spot on. They would go to PG-13, so no complications during sex. Just so many options and I can't pick one. But the boobs slip is a nice idea. Perhaps if she has on a dress or skirt when she shrinks her panties slide off. I wonder if being shrunk would alter the smell of her panties? Since the fast shrinking at the end has her covering up with them.
Well, with multiple shrinking spurts, theres lots of options to explore. You could imply sex. She could tell one of her girlfriends that she wished she could time one of her shrink spurts just right. Maybe she needs to give a presentation at work and has a spurt, and struggles to keep her skirt from sliding off.
Unread 09-19-2017   #10
Tiedefender
Process Master

I would remove the garbage disposal scene, I don't think it's needed. The scene when they get drunk should have her wearing a sexier outfit. So when she is soaked in alcohol her nipples could show through. I know at the very end her shoe laces break implying that she is growing bigger. That could be removed. Or change it so her growth spurt bust open her shirt. Just to give the expansion fans a fun taste.
Unread 09-19-2017   #11
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

For a story, I'd like to see the new Pat Kramer have a shrink's visit, after having depression over the loss of a job. They prescribed her an anti-depression pill, which someone in the back sneakingly replaces the real pills with one that the scientists want her to test.

She dwindles on a daily basis. Three days into it, before going back to the shrink to figure out why is she shrinking, to the shrink's surprise of her height change. So, she was sent to a high-tech hospital to find out that she's shrinking due to a drug that she took, mistakenly.

She returns home, still shrinking after a recommendation of stopping the intake of the pills, she has to adjust her outfits and swap them for smaller people's clothes...even to kids and toddler clothes, while trying to maintain Motherhood...which becomes more of a challenge every stage of shrinking.

Doll-size becomes more fun, and want to see handhelds, and body exploration with her husband.

She becomes an internet sensation, and has to do viral videos of her vlogs, for a while.

But, becoming an internet sensation catches the eye of some neighbor, who wants her for him/herself, and cages her for fun, before the family finds out and rescues her from danger...and that neighbor was the one who switches her pills to test her. She was given the growth pill...but it looks too big for her even fit in her mouth, and has to learn to adapt to her new size, cause her internet fandom is bringing her the budget she needs to survive the living.

You can replace neighbor for someone else, but this might work in a PG-13 setting.
Unread 09-19-2017   #12
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Sounds like a good idea. I think if possible doing concept pics of Charlize Theron shrank out of her clothes, and wearing a mini bra, and skirt via poses.
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote