free hit counters
Reverting - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-30-2007   #1
TB Tabby
Process Disciple

Reverting

Who likes it when women who've been transformed revert to normal? Same thing, really, just in reverse. I especially like it when a shrunken women grows back to normal in a cramped location, such as inside a dollhouse.
Unread 11-30-2007   #2
Snowglare
Process Master

I would say it's underrated. When I watched cartoons as a child, I was always disappointed when the transformee got changed back. Then I found the TF community, where virtually all stories and art feature permanent changes that are never reversed. I think what I want, ultimately, is change. Wereforms are the best. Change into, change back, repeat occasionally.

Some changes are only fun while they're happening. After, you're left with a snarling monster or house-sized boobs or some indescribable abomination. Instead of changing her back, most change her further or end the story there. I don't much care if an art sequence has no reversion, but it's all too easy to do in writing. If I ever bother penning a TF tale, I expect to go out of my way to make it happier than average, with people cooperating instead of taking advantage, being reasonably kind instead of ludicrously malicious, etc. Of course, it'll probably suck.
Snowglare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007   #3
SkruLuce
Return of the Incredible

Personally, I enjoy reverting, but in most cases it's kind of rushed, like it just gets pushed aside because apparently it doesn't mean much to the author/artist. I good revert can compliment a good transformation, and it also lets the story flow after the event. Then the subject has to deal with what happened to them in a normal capacity, and the oft-used 'is this a dream' factor comes into play...which may be clich? to some, but I enjoy dawning realization after the fact. It gives more dimension to a story, in any case.
SkruLuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007   #4
Weirdoid
Frequent Poster

I like TG reverting. Muscles bursting out of tight girl clothes, which fit awkwardly on a male body, hair growing oddly on boobs as he changes back. Oh for the old days of TG art with disjointed (and not smooth) change sequences, art that is not of an effeminate anime style, and men with secondary sex characteristics.
Weirdoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007   #5
melt.liquify
melter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Tabby View Post
...when a shrunken women grows back to normal in a cramped location...
This thread reminded me of http://blog79.fc2.com/t/timesignalma...iko_gyugyu.jpg

-melt
melt.liquify is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007   #6
lbh
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Tabby View Post
Who likes it when women who've been transformed revert to normal? Same thing, really, just in reverse. I especially like it when a shrunken women grows back to normal in a cramped location, such as inside a dollhouse.
I did a collage about such a situation,

http://www.process-productions.com/f...ead.php?t=6292
lbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2007   #7
darktaro
Grilled Steak Fanboy

One of my favorite aspects of reverting is when it comes to mental changes, such as the whole bimbofication transformation, when the girl realizes what she's done during her transformation. Same applies for say a women who got AR'd. Seeing her AP back while she's wearing small clothing has always been a big favorite of mine!
Unread 12-08-2007   #8
OddKitsu
Walking migraine.

I rarely consider reversion as an element of anything, but it's generally best when it's out of their control, and the transformation itself is a source of drama.

The would-be witch has to transform herself back before her parents return, the girl regrows to her original size in a doll house, the college student has to get the antidote to turn her paws back into hands to finish her dissertation.

Make the reversion a carrot, basically.

+10 if the stick is a time limit before it becomes permanent, tho'.

Edit: Forgot why I started replying in the first place;
I had a werewolf-to-girl TF on my old HD... I THINK it was from Legend of the Wolf Woman, which was posted here some one or two years ago. That might be wrong. I'll see if I can't get at it.
OddKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007   #9
Very_Good_Karma
Likes Happy Endings

Reverts can be fun if what they're reverting to is something you normally see transformations into- a girl who turned herself into a guy turning back into a girl would be adorable. Of course, lots of sequences could be made an example of this just by changing the captions.

Mostly though, I think reverts help create a satisfying story. It frustrates me to no end that the majority of transformee characters neither want to be transformed nor find a way back. Reverts let a character reflect on what was enjoyable about the transformation without the clawing horror of having their identity wiped out. And that tends to lead to my most favorite kind of process: character development. Major bonus points if they voluntarily choose to transform back from time to time.

Musical Process: The Process Forum Soundtrack
Very_Good_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007   #10
Clickme
Tiny Lesbian Cat approves

This is one of the reasons I like Gacha Gacha. You get to see him/her going back and forth throughout the manga, and it's only kind of under control. Since no one can actually stop a sneeze, it can make for some really fun moments!

For those who read long enough, or those who read the thread mentioning such, once you get to the Nattou Transformations...

Her's the link to the thread involving the 1st one:
http://www.process-productions.com/f...ht=Gacha+gacha
That meteor made absolutely sure that He died for our sins.
.................................................. ......The shattered dreams that make you whole...
...broken hopes that bind your wounds...
..........................there is a purpose to this darkness
__________________________________________________ Can you believe in this?
Clickme is offline   Reply With Quote