free hit counters
Amahain's Stories - Page 8 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-06-2012   #85
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

Re: Amahain's Stories

Alright let's go for the source for the little blurbs we get about the monsters from Diablo 2 and let's go down the list of ones you listed:

Goatman. You might be right about this one, but even the blurb is unclear so it's very possible that there was a corruption here. However, they say they guard Hell, so unless they transform humans and drag them back on a quite often basis this is kind of out there. And considering the actual backstory to Diablo is that the Demons and Angels pretty much fought themselves exclusively and only discovered Sanctuary relatively recently, even iffier. Actually, nevermind. Goatman says that it was done by human sorcs. So yeah corrupted fallen humans.

Andariel. I don't know again the text is very open to interpretation. And the official page for her is even less helpful. Blood Raven the other folks mention that she's Undead not a demon and she's really the only Rogue we're pretty much TOLD Andariel corrupted so lots of interpretation still. Oh and as for Blood Raven that Wiki says that's her soul, and thus the others likely are too, and since it does in fact kill all the Undead around her as an event that's probably redeeming her really seems logical.

Succubus. This one seems to indicate that they are from hell, so I'm not sure it counts as them ever being human. I just haven't read anywhere where one of the Prime/Lesser Evils can do that much of a transformation. I mean Andariel is supposed to be a succubus yes, but it doesn't say she can birth others is all.

Council Member. This one you're entirely right on says, 'corrupted' so yep transformation could happen here.

Corrupted Rogue. Yep totally counts and you've got something to go with, but notice that they aren't really that transformed. They're just kind of enraged. Though yeah their type is Demon, but that may just be for convenience.

Anyway, this will be the last part I mention other then actual story comments. Again like the story just not sure how close you are to canon. That's why it's always sticky to play in the fanfictionish waters. I think really the story would've been far more interesting if it focused more on Andariel corrupting her host and the struggle there, or maybe since in Diablo 3 we might see a female Diablo, maybe a greater evil somehow survived and you write that story? Just a lot of random Rogue's getting transformed makes it hard to connect with the characters at all.

Last edited by frice2000; 02-06-2012 at 01:26 AM.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012   #86
Amahain
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by frice2000 View Post
Anyway, this will be the last part I mention other then actual story comments. Again like the story just not sure how close you are to canon. That's why it's always sticky to play in the fanfictionish waters. I think really the story would've been far more interesting if it focused more on Andariel corrupting her host and the struggle there, or maybe since in Diablo 3 we might see a female Diablo, maybe a greater evil somehow survived and you write that story? Just a lot of random Rogue's getting transformed makes it hard to connect with the characters at all.
Oh don't worry, I'll move beyond the random rogues eventually (I'm getting a bit bored with them - as much as I try to give them distinct personalities, I feel like I'm TFing the same characters over and over). Still, this isn't the sort of series that lends itself to memorable characters, unfortunately. It's times like this that I wish I had artistic ability; serial TF stories just work better in comic form.
Unread 02-06-2012   #87
rick404
Meddler

Not to take this too far into the realm of technical nerdom:

There is another class of beings: Angels, Demons, Human, and Nephalem the first humans on Sanctuary - offspring of Angels and Demons...Most likely the players characters in the series which is to explain their demi-god strength when fighting the hoards of demons and Prime Evils.

The corrupt rogues are not undead. They are demon class. They were humans corrupted and turned by Andariel.

It is implied that the 3 heros from the first game fall:
The Warrior - The Dark Wander
The Rogue - Blood Raven
The Sorcerer - The Summoner

The Zakarum in Act III are a great example of corruption in the game.

There is also indication of Angels falling to serve the Prime Evils.

Then there is possession:
The Prime Evils possess the bodies of humans on Sanctuary in order to gain a physical form on that plane.

Prince Aldaric and The Dark Wanderer were corrupted and eventually consumed by Diablo...Same as Tal Rasha to Baal.

Beyond that its all fun and games.

It is heavily implied in the game and (the fact its Blizzard who like Super Evil and corruption concepts) that anyone can fall or be corrupted by evil. The lucky ones are just driven mad.

Keep in mind in the previous two games beating the game is always a split victory. Yeah they kill off Diablo but they never seem to do it right. The broken Soulstone forced into the Warriors skull (!!!), the corruption and the destruction of the Worldstone...

In my opinion anything goes here. If a Prime or Lessor Evil wants to twist someone into a goatman I don't think they'd have much trouble. I don't think what Amahain is doing here is rewritting the origins of these creatures just using the fact we are familiar with these things and given some TF fodder.

There is a pretty expansive history in the game and lots of stuff that can be added as the story moves beyond the Monastery.

I really like messing around with the hero classes as No-Man did with his D2 story
http://www.process-productions.com/f...ghlight=Diablo

D3 adds some additional female characters...technically all the characters can be female but it is implied the Wizard and Demon Hunter are canonically female...There is always Leah and Adria...

I am dusting off some of my D2 stuff and working toward some new D3 pics. Might play around with some of the scenes from Broken Sanctuary.

Extra Tsun, hold the Dere.

arsnoctis404.blogspot.com

Stuff on other sites:
DeviantArt
Pixiv
Hentai Foundry
rick404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012   #88
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

Man are you nerds seriously arguing lore? If amahain made changes to the Diablo universe in the service of his story then more power to him.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012   #89
Amahain
Process Master

Alright, time for a new story: Midnight Party.

And by new, I mean over a year old. Yes, it's Halloween themed. My intention was to post it back in the Halloween of 2010 but I didn't finish it in time due to term papers. Patient guy that I am, I figured I'd just sit on it until Halloween, 2011. I didn't count on the fact that I'd be on some contract in the frozen north, unable to upload any of the stories that were sitting in my home computer.

I don't intend to sit on this story for nine more months. Consider it an incredibly early Halloween gift.

As for subject matter, it's yet another x-rated women-into-various-types-of demon story. Enjoy!
Unread 02-08-2012   #90
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

Nice addition, still as almost always in your stories wish there was more successful resistance to the corruption. Like one or two falling, but one succeeding in tossing off the mental domination aspect and showing that characters struggle against what her dual psyche would want in a more prolonged fashion would be nice. Regardless though, nice transformation and there was some nice characterization considering how short the piece was. Nice transformation scenes as well. Overall a solid addition to your growing collection of stories. Just wish the transformational aspect was less your focus then the story and characters after it, but then I'm probably in the minority on this site in asking for that.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012   #91
Amahain
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by frice2000 View Post
Nice addition, still as almost always in your stories wish there was more successful resistance to the corruption. Like one or two falling, but one succeeding in tossing off the mental domination aspect and showing that characters struggle against what her dual psyche would want in a more prolonged fashion would be nice. Regardless though, nice transformation and there was some nice characterization considering how short the piece was. Nice transformation scenes as well. Overall a solid addition to your growing collection of stories. Just wish the transformational aspect was less your focus then the story and characters after it, but then I'm probably in the minority on this site in asking for that.
Thanks for the comment.

About characters resisting the corruption, I think that's a fine idea - I just don't want to use it too often. I've written several mass TF stories, and if all of them, or even most of them, always had a character or two that kept their minds and moral compass, I think that would get old after a while. I liked what I did in Return of the Queen, having a faction of "good" succubi, but I don't want to rewrite the same story with a different set of monsters.

As for TF-focused vs plot-focused stories, I like both but I realise that some people prefer one over the. Whatever. I write what I write, and I fully realise that not all of my stories will appeal to everyone.