free hit counters
Real Life TG Using HRT - Page 6 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-01-2010   #61
busy
Leecher

Re: Real Life TG Using HRT

Yes the effects of hormones are much more significant the younger one is, and allow one to mimic better the gender of the hormones they are taking. Although the most significant effects of hormones are during feudal development when all of the sex organs develop.

But unfortunately any hormonal and surgically treated person can never really become someone of the opposite gender, and at best are only making themselves inter-sexed. Even individuals born with a significant degree of inter-sexed characteristics can only mimic any gender and not become a specific gender either.

It will take many decades/centuries before bio and/or nano technology is able to grow/clone/replace/modify human bodies to the necessary degree before real sex-changes can be done.

In the meantime, transgendered and inter-sexed individuals should be thought of as unfortunate victims of very horrible birth defects that can only receive very partial treatment, and can not be cured yet.

Lets start a telethon!

Last edited by busy; 07-01-2010 at 06:51 AM.
busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #62
Nightmare
Maybe Just Mythical

Quote:
Originally Posted by busy View Post
Yes the effects of hormones are much more significant the younger one is, and allow one to mimic better the gender of the hormones they are taking. Although the most significant effects of hormones are during feudal development when all of the sex organs develop.

But unfortunately any hormonal and surgically treated person can never really become someone of the opposite gender, and at best are only making themselves inter-sexed. Even individuals born with a significant degree of inter-sexed characteristics can only mimic any gender and not become a specific gender either.

It will take many decades/centuries before bio and/or nano technology is able to grow/clone/replace/modify human bodies to the necessary degree before real sex-changes can be done.

In the meantime, transgendered and inter-sexed individuals should be thought of as unfortunate victims of very horrible birth defects that can only receive very partial treatment, and can not be cured yet.

Lets start a telethon!
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. You make a valid point that there are certain physical differences between a genetic woman and a trans-woman (i.e. the genetic difference), but that does not mean an individual cannot achieve their desired gender. Sex (basically, what's between your legs) is difficult to change, but gender (i.e. how one presents in society) can be changed. These changes can be made without surgery and without HRT; remember, gender and sex are two different things. Also, not every trans-person has negative feelings toward their genitalia. "Classic," transgender cases do, but there are a lot of shades of gray in the trans-community (i.e. not every trans-person is transgender! There are so many other classifications that fall under the "trans-umbrella"). One example among many is that someone might opt for every surgery they can afford, or surgery y but not x, or no surgery at all. Finally, it's not that trans-people or victims or charity cases; we are often just searching for congruency (i.e. so our body matches our mind, which matches our role in society). Honestly, one of the biggest things you can do to help a trans-person is to respect them and their presentation; being trans provides enough road blocks as it is.

>_> ... <_< ...

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #63
wampama
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. You make a valid point that there are certain physical differences between a genetic woman and a trans-woman (i.e. the genetic difference), but that does not mean an individual cannot achieve their desired gender. Sex (basically, what's between your legs) is difficult to change, but gender (i.e. how one presents in society) can be changed. These changes can be made without surgery and without HRT; remember, gender and sex are two different things. Also, not every trans-person has negative feelings toward their genitalia. "Classic," transgender cases do, but there are a lot of shades of gray in the trans-community (i.e. not every trans-person is transgender! There are so many other classifications that fall under the "trans-umbrella"). One example among many is that someone might opt for every surgery they can afford, or surgery y but not x, or no surgery at all. Finally, it's not that trans-people or victims or charity cases; we are often just searching for congruency (i.e. so our body matches our mind, which matches our role in society). Honestly, one of the biggest things you can do to help a trans-person is to respect them and their presentation; being trans provides enough road blocks as it is.

>_> ... <_< ...

I'm just going to go out and say it. I, a "normal" male respect all trans-people. People shouldn't have to face all of these road blocks, which is why I pose the question: Why can't people just accept trans-people? Why so much violence? (OH NO! I'M SO SORRY! I BROUGHT THE SERIOUS BACK! AND I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS AND ENDING EVERY SENTENCE WITH AN EXCLAMATION MARK! Okay, I think the serious is gone.) (I also hope I won't be shot down because this is sort of a bend in the flow of this thread....I think.)

Last edited by wampama; 07-01-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Forgot the )
wampama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #64
wampama
Process Fan

I'm going to sound like a mooching dick (I'm not trying to be, though), but does anyone want to post their own before and after pics? I'm interested to see the results, I'm debating whether or not I should start thinking about HRT.
Unread 07-01-2010   #65
wampama
Process Fan

I'm just going to try to keep this thread alive...(although I don't really know the average lifespan of a good thread, so what I'm probably most likely doing is just pissing people off, but I hope I'm not doing that.)
Unread 07-01-2010   #66
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Also, Wampa...you might want to just edit your posts instead of posting back to back.
Unread 07-01-2010   #67
wampama
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
Also, Wampa...you might want to just edit your posts instead of posting back to back.
Well, does it still register as an update?
Unread 07-01-2010   #68
busy
Leecher

Hey, I never stated that I was against trans/inter-sexed people. Quite the opposite, I am very sympathetic and support of them, and agree with their rights to get all of the treatment current technology can give them for their very horrible birth defects.

In fact, I consider transgendered to be an extreme variation of inter-sexed, where key gender specific attributes in the brain do not match that of the body. And since the brain is hardest to modify and defines (or contains if you are religious) the soul, the only ethical thing to do is to modify the rest of the body to match it. (Modifying any key characteristic/identity in the brain would be moral equivalent to murder.)

That all being said, it is still very sad that transgendered and most inter-sexed people can not yet fully become their desired genders with current technology.

Take a hormonal and surgically (post-op) treated male-2-female transgendered. If they get their hormones after puberty, they will still have a male skeletons and physiques. Even those that get treated before puberty will still have male prostates, male hips, and puesdo-vaganas made from skin graphs that does not self-lubercate and requires constant dilation to prevent atrophy.

Take a hormonal and surgically treated female-2-male transgendered. If they get their hormones after puberty, they will still have a female skeletons and physiques. Even those that get treated before puberty will only have puesdo-penseses and testes, made from disfiguring skin and muscle graphs. Those puesdo-penseses do not look realistic, and are non-fuctional requiring pumps and/or bendable rods to "mimic" erections.

Of course even this partial treatment is better than none at all, in the same way that it is better to give wheelchairs and forearm support crutches to paraplegics than nothing at all.

Unfortunately due to cultural based gender barriers, trans/inter-sexed individuals have added societal pressures and discrimination that results in denied or delayed treatment. Most government and private medical insurance don't even provide treatment funding for transgendered, and most schools and parents do not even properly inform children about the transgendered condition and its treatment options and results before puberty, making the condition much more difficult and expensive to treat later on in life.
busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #69
wampama
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by busy View Post
Hey, I never stated that I was against trans/inter-sexed people.
I never said that you, specifically were against it. I was offering a discussion topic of our opinions of the world viewing these people as bad. I wasn't attacking anyone or trying to insult anyone (if I did, I'm sincerely sorry,) but I was just carrying on the thread...sort of.
Unread 07-01-2010   #70
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Waffles.
Unread 07-01-2010   #71
wampama
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
Waffles.
Indeed.
Unread 07-01-2010   #72
aglamau
Lurker

i don't think you found a lot of people who showed thir transsistion. A majority of transexual people didin't like their past. They show their transistion but after the last op?ration they erase this for strat a new life.(excuse my english i'm french^^')
aglamau is offline   Reply With Quote