free hit counters
Real Life TG Using HRT - Page 8 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-01-2010   #85
Damn_Lucky
Frequent Poster

Re: Real Life TG Using HRT

Whao. This thread has hit ugly American Politics faster then you can sneeze.

Considering how much Therapy and time it takes to get approved for a Gender Re-assignment surgery, I would not lightly call it a elective surgery.

I could go into more political theory like frice2000 has. But I'm not going to. Because in the end of the day it's a big wall of text that people will glance at and say "tl;dr". American Politics are hardly civil when your face to face with people. With Keyboard heros running around, it's pointless to debate.

Last edited by Damn_Lucky; 07-01-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Damn_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #86
tjlemke

Wow, people are taking this way too far. Basically use common sense, something some of you are missing. Cleft lip, surgeries to help kids develop normally, fine. Breast surgery, botox, and the other surgeries to make people pretty, not ok. I'm all for individuals doing what they think needs be done but I don't think anybody should get insurance coverage for something that isn't entirely life threatening. I would love to go into surgery and have some things done to my teeth and other flaws, but I will pay for it myself. I don't want help and neither should anybody else in that situation. Don't make more out of it then what it really is.

EDIT: And ya there are always those special cases in which somebody has REALLY f***ed up teeth and need the surgery for pain, self esteem, ect. That should go to a special committee to determine the severity of it. All of this should be common sense.

Last edited by tjlemke; 07-01-2010 at 07:58 PM.
tjlemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #87
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

IT IS elective surgery. Wikipedia (yes yes evil source I could find another placed to define it easily in pretty much the same terms) defines elective surgery as: surgery that is not urgently required due to an emergency. Which it is not. You're NOT going to die directly from not having any single part of a sex change operation. Those affected can be depressed, hate their life, and their body but the condition itself is not life threatening. I have no doubt those who take part in that definitely feel it is necessary and it is for their own psychological well being and props to them for doing what they feel they have to as it takes I'm sure a lot of courage for them. But society paying for it when that money can be used to benefit so many other groups of people feels forgive the overly dramatic term here, reprehensible. Again, doesn't mean I don't think it should be done or that the people having the surgeries done are reprehensible in the least but taking away money from other health concerns for this is wrong. It's plastic surgery. Yes an advanced form of plastic surgery to treat a severe psychological condition but still plastic surgery.

Last edited by frice2000; 07-01-2010 at 08:03 PM.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #88
tjlemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn_Lucky View Post
Whao. This thread has hit ugly American Politics faster then you can sneeze.

Considering how much Therapy and time it takes to get approved for a Gender Re-assignment surgery, I would not lightly call it a elective surgery.

I could go into more political theory like frice2000 has. But I'm not going to. Because in the end of the day it's a big wall of text that people will glance at and say "tl;dr". American Politics are hardly civil when your face to face with people. With Keyboard heros running around, it's pointless to debate.
I hear ya. People know it's easy to insult somebody over the net but face to face most people would take a different tone. Unfortunately, theirs little you or I can do other than ignore those people.
Unread 07-01-2010   #89
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

I like to think I insulted no one in that debate and I don't think I did except in exasperation to the ludicrous claims about cleft lips and clubbed feet not being treated.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #90
Damn_Lucky
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlemke View Post
Wow, people are taking this way too far. Basically use common sense, something some of you are missing. Cleft lip, surgeries to help kids develop normally, fine. Breast surgery, botox, and the other surgeries to make people pretty, not ok. I'm all for individuals doing what they think needs be done but I don't think anybody should get insurance coverage for something that isn't entirely life threatening. I would love to go into surgery and have some things done to my teeth and other flaws, but I will pay for it myself. I don't want help and neither should anybody else in that situation. Don't make more out of it then what it really is.

EDIT: And ya there are always those special cases in which somebody has REALLY f***ed up teeth and need the surgery for pain, self esteem, ect. That should go to a special committee to determine the severity of it. All of this should be common sense.

If you just got curbed stomped and your teeth shattered, Then it should be clear the guy needs his mouth fixed ASAP.

IMHO. The biggest problem facing Transsexuals has to be the discrimination they face. From Doctors, Employers, even the therapists they have to go to, as to be approved for HRT. Let alone the operations they wish to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury01 View Post
I see. So living with a condition that means you are more likely to attempt suicide is not 'life threatening' or 'painful' enough?

This comment speaks volumes for the issue. I've read enough stories about Transsexuals not being taken seriously about the issue until after they attempted suicide.

Also read enough about thoughs who did take there lives, because no one would take there cries for help serious.

Last edited by Damn_Lucky; 07-01-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Damn_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #91
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

MOTHERFUCKERS, I SAID

WAFF-FUCKING-LES!

Stop with the bullshit and make with the silly or with the boobs!

http://hotgirlspictures.files.wordpr...ite-bikini.jpg

HERE! BOOBS!
Unread 07-01-2010   #92
Jecilyn
Atomic batteries to power

*sigh* Too much of what I'm reading reinforces the view that Transsexualism is a mental 'disease' or defect. IMO, It's not.

In it's base form it is a physical problem...the club foot analogy is apt. The main difference is that it isn't immediately obvious at birth. Too often people either hide it out of fear or cannot express it properly until quite abit later, by which time it's far easier to label it a mental illness or such.

Empathetic or not, we can't expect to know how these people feel being seen as and expected to conform to a gender stereotype that is not themselves. We don't treat cystic fibrosis or musculer dystrophy as mental disorders.....the person's sense of self is not in question. Just because something is not immediately life-threatening or seems to not be debilitating physically, doesn't mean we get to dismiss it.

People call it elective surgery because that's how it's always been portrayed...Trying to actually have a life is not a choice. Existing through one's lifetime is not the same as actually living it. Plenty of countries worldwide understand this and try to help it's citizens dealing with this as they would any other physical problem....unfortunately so long as trans folk are ridiculed and demeaned, this attitude will continue.

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
Jecilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #93
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

W
A
F
F
L
E
S
Unread 07-01-2010   #94
nothingclever
Hell's MC

No! Pancakes Beeotch. Fuck yo pancakes kirk! The American government will never subside your waffles! We only provide for wholesome pancakes!
nothingclever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #95
cannonfodder
redneckdemon

Location: Wherever I happen to be at the moment. Usually drunk at the time, so details are hazy, at best.

You tried, Vengeance. You tried. But if it makes you feel any better...

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2784/hotgirlg.jpg
cannonfodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010   #96
nothingclever
Hell's MC

Oh I think if the silly patch carries on to the next page, the mini flamewar will be forgotten mostly.

Consequently, Toast that is butter side down is infinitely superior to butter side up.
nothingclever is offline   Reply With Quote