free hit counters
Evil conversion(for the lack for better term) - Page 588 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-14-2014   #7045
Mitchell
Process Disciple

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Has anyone checked out the Prolecto Novel? Because, it has a RIDICULOUS amount of evil corruption, reversion, and corruption AGAIN, with the corruption happening to the viewpoint character multiple times!
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2014   #7046
Xanderfox
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues32 View Post
Well...Uncle Ben is still dead...and most of the characters in Ultimate Marvel that die stay that way. Though if this sudden reappearance of Peter Parker doesn't turn out to be a clone or something, I'll be upset. He was buried for god sake! Beaten and suffering from a bullet wound!
the " Alternative Continuity" excuse lets companies shake things up with out threatening the status Quo. Ultimate Marvel is pretty much where they can kill and change characters how ever they like and not really change them at all. Same goes for the recent "Archie Killed" thing that happen, Archie from Archie comics was indeed killed, in the "Life of Archie" comics an alternate future of the character. So yea Ultimate Uncle Ben could come back as the Green Goblin or Ultimate Aunt May could become a vampire and since it's not the main universe they could get away with it too
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2014   #7047
sdliddo
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderfox View Post
the " Alternative Continuity" excuse lets companies shake things up with out threatening the status Quo. Ultimate Marvel is pretty much where they can kill and change characters how ever they like and not really change them at all. Same goes for the recent "Archie Killed" thing that happen, Archie from Archie comics was indeed killed, in the "Life of Archie" comics an alternate future of the character. So yea Ultimate Uncle Ben could come back as the Green Goblin or Ultimate Aunt May could become a vampire and since it's not the main universe they could get away with it too
Either that or they really ran out of ideas....
sdliddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2014   #7048
Xanderfox
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdliddo View Post
Either that or they really ran out of ideas....
Well the "lets shake things up somehow" plan is much easier to pull off if you have a separate cannon you can screw with with out real consequences to your characters. before companies constantly used Alternate Universes Watchmen was at first going to use the Justice League but DC didn't want any characters dying or going though big changes, then they where going to use a bunch of characters from a comic company they just acquired, but again didn't want them changed or killed. So Watchmen got it's own universe and characters that anything could happen to and nothing "mainstream" would be effected.

I think that's all that needs to be said on that tangent point now, so lets go back to the topic
Unread 08-17-2014   #7049
mrjl
Lurker

Quote:
Well the "lets shake things up somehow" plan is much easier to pull off if you have a separate cannon you can screw with with out real consequences to your characters. before companies constantly used Alternate Universes Watchmen was at first going to use the Justice League but DC didn't want any characters dying or going though big changes, then they where going to use a bunch of characters from a comic company they just acquired, but again didn't want them changed or killed. So Watchmen got it's own universe and characters that anything could happen to and nothing "mainstream" would be effected.

I think that's all that needs to be said on that tangent point now, so lets go back to the topic
Watchmen was never going to use the Justice League. It was going to use the Charlton Comics characters before DC decided to put them in the main DCU
mrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014   #7050
Xanderfox
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjl View Post
Watchmen was never going to use the Justice League. It was going to use the Charlton Comics characters before DC decided to put them in the main DCU
as I understood the Charlton comics characters were the Second choice that got turned down.
Unread 08-18-2014   #7051
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

There was dumb nerd stuff here. It's gone now.

Has anyone seen the movie Honeymoon? I know it's not the sort of thing that shows up in this thread often, but I'm wondering if it touches on the general "evil conversion/corruption" theme

Trailer: http://www.traileraddict.com/honeymoon-2014/trailer
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2014   #7052
Vindaloopriest
Process Fan

Well, it looks like after a couple months of inactivity, Macxe's has updated with what seems to be a tentative release date for the next Dinaranger by the end of September (at least, that's what I can make out from Google Translate).

http://mcxes-seres.kir.jp/macxes/home.html
Vindaloopriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2014   #7053
riderkid
Gaming Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindaloopriest View Post
Well, it looks like after a couple months of inactivity, Macxe's has updated with what seems to be a tentative release date for the next Dinaranger by the end of September (at least, that's what I can make out from Google Translate).

http://mcxes-seres.kir.jp/macxes/home.html
I read Dinaranger once and the only thing I can think of is that I would cast Defiance and proceed to END ALL ENEMIES WHO STAND IN MY WAY WITH THE POWER OF MY MIGHTY AXE!

... Sorry. Kind of tired of Bad End stories. Still though: MIGHTY AXE!
Unread 08-19-2014   #7054
GenYun
Ye Olde 3D Artiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacat View Post
There was dumb nerd stuff here. It's gone now.

Has anyone seen the movie Honeymoon? I know it's not the sort of thing that shows up in this thread often, but I'm wondering if it touches on the general "evil conversion/corruption" theme

Trailer: http://www.traileraddict.com/honeymoon-2014/trailer

It looks very Evil Dead-ish. Although I get the feeling it might be aliens instead of demons.

Either way, color me interested.
GenYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014   #7055
mrjl
Lurker

Quote:
as I understood the Charlton comics characters were the Second choice that got turned down.
not the way I heard. That's why people were able to see the similarities between the various characters so easily
mrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014   #7056
Xanderfox
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjl View Post
not the way I heard. That's why people were able to see the similarities between the various characters so easily
Well i do know that The Question who inspired Rorsach eventually got a personality over haul becoming pretty much the same character as Rorsach.