free hit counters
Evil conversion(for the lack for better term) - Page 90 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 12-19-2008   #1069
no-name
The Undying Shadow

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Why am I suddenly interested in an anime that up until now felt was a dumbed-down version of every game-styled anime made (yeah, I'm talking about the dub, but I'm sure the original wasn't much either)?
no-name is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2008   #1070
singory
Frequent Poster

well here is a clip from
Bakugan 39 Masquerade Unmasked

you could say this would show the evil conversion
Unread 12-19-2008   #1071
Xanderfox
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-name View Post
Why am I suddenly interested in an anime that up until now felt was a dumbed-down version of every game-styled anime made (yeah, I'm talking about the dub, but I'm sure the original wasn't much either)?
The most interesting aspect of Yu-Gi-Oh for me is one most probably aren't aware of. That being it's original concept. It began as a parody for animes and mangas what had ridiculous amounts of marketing, with card games, toys and video games. It basically presented a world where a single media franchise had become the focus of everyone's attention and the game products released under it's banner became increasingly dangerous and weird. The volume that introduced the Wizards and Monsters card game became the most popular one, and readers wrote into to Shoen Jump asking how to get cards, what the full rules where etc. The first Yu-Gi-OH animated series was very strange and had a loose plot involving various villains using the Card Game for evil purposes, as a result it did poorly, it was never dubbed. The second series added the Show Realm, a alternate world where the game monsters lived, and the Egyptian Shadow Games. The transformation of the series made it become what it first parodied, the only remaining parody aspect it how insanely popular Duel Monsters is in the Yu-Gi-OH world, everyone and their grandma plays! It's insane.
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2008   #1072
no-name
The Undying Shadow

Uh...I was actually talking about Bakugan.
Just to drive my thoughts home, what kind of freakin' show introduces itself LIKE THIS?!

You only need to watch the first 20 seconds before going "WTF?!".*
The original YGO worked out okay with its story; the Shadow Realm concept was probably a 4Kids thing (I recall that characters DIED....I think. Seek out the original JPN version for more details).

*Yeah, I know the YGO universe determined the fate of the world with "a children's card game", but at least they didn't freakin' say it straight out! Of course, YGOA pulled it off like a gag and it paid off, so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by singory View Post
well here is a clip from
Bakugan 39 Masquerade Unmasked

you could say this would show the evil conversion
I saw it and I still couldn't believe it....
So, I checked out the character profiles and the story...and I'm still confused!
(Uh...thanks?)
Just when you think you've seen every possible EC possible, someone clocks you upside the head with a TWEEST!
Why does she always have to take a deep breath before putting on the mask, anyway?
And for that matter, is Masquerade kinda like Lodoss' Karla in that their being is manifested when someone dons a certain item (Masque's mask/Karla's circlet)?
In any case, thanks for the clip.
Unread 12-19-2008   #1073
silva352
Lurker

if your brain can comprehend what happens in bakugan with alice then u must be a little messed up. but the character you mentioned No-name, karla is she from lodoss war? ive never seen the series and im lookiing for new stuff to watch. but can you post a clip of her changing or whatever happens. and with alice she has a split personality disorder from an accident involving the world the bakugans inhabit when she sat up in bed she was already masquerade its the mask that brings about the physical transformation,
silva352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2008   #1074
no-name
The Undying Shadow

My apologies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva352 View Post
if your brain can comprehend what happens in bakugan with alice then u must be a little messed up. but the character you mentioned No-name, karla is she from lodoss war? ive never seen the series and im lookiing for new stuff to watch. but can you post a clip of her changing or whatever happens. and with alice she has a split personality disorder from an accident involving the world the bakugans inhabit when she sat up in bed she was already masquerade its the mask that brings about the physical transformation,
Hmm...so there's just a little more behind the story, huh?
I tried watching a few episodes on CN, but I just couldn't stand the voices OR the music (imagine that; half the time a reworked soundtrack usually sounds good!). I'll be sure to look up the JPN version sometime.
And to answer your question, there is no process for the character Karla.*
To sum it up, Karla is a powerful sorceress/witch who possesses a circlet in order to preserve her own life. Anyone who wears the circlet becomes the new vessel for the "Grey Witch".
As the sole survivor of a lost civilization, she has devoted her life to maintain the balance between order and chaos throughout the series' universe. In order to achieve her ideal world, however, she is constantly pitting countries against each other.
If you're interested in more about the Lodoss series, let me know; I don't think this thread is the place to discuss this.

Personally, I don't consider this much of an EC sequence, but with the "thread lag" I've been causing recently, I have to put something on the table:
In the Lodoss OVA and TV series, the mercenary Orson is possessed by a destructive spirit, often manifesting itself during his "berserker" state (usually triggered when his partner Shiris is in mortal danger).
In the TV series, he manages to suppress the spirit, freeing him from its control. However, he allows the spirit to possess him willingly to rescue his friends, which ultimately leads to his own destruction.
There isn't any major changes to Orson's appearance between his "Normal/Regular" and "Berserker" states, and his berserker mentality almost falls closely in comparison to the Incredible Hulk (friend or foe, if it moves, he'll kill it; heck, he almost killed his love interest TWICE in this state!), so....
Unread 12-19-2008   #1075
0000user0001
Frequent Poster

on the subject of lodoss the only really EC was in the final episode of the seconds series Chronicles of the Heroic Knight where Neese gets possess/awakens(she was the reincarnation i think) of the goddess of dess but all that really happens to her hair changes to red there is a scene where the 2 are arguing in her mind though which is interesting unfortunately power of love ruins things
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rse1.jpg (9.2 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg rse3.jpg (8.6 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg rse4.jpg (6.9 KB, 295 views)
0000user0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2008   #1076
Archanfel
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000user0001 View Post
on the subject of lodoss the only really EC was in the final episode of the seconds series Chronicles of the Heroic Knight where Neese gets possess/awakens(she was the reincarnation i think) of the goddess of dess but all that really happens to her hair changes to red there is a scene where the 2 are arguing in her mind though which is interesting unfortunately power of love ruins things
LOL, I have that manga, and I was disappointed with the ending as well. I was so hoping Neese will fully become the container of the evil goddess, but that is non-hentai manga for you, the good guy/power of love always conquer the evil.
Archanfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2008   #1077
no-name
The Undying Shadow

Oh, I completely forgot this one!
The "darker half" of Neese is supposed to be Naneel, a priestess who was also the incarnation of Kardis, the Goddess of Destruction.
The ending felt a little cliche, yeah (one of the major characters supposedly died shortly before Naneel's "complete" revival...I guess the "power of love" brought him back, too.), you gotta admit that "the second part" was so much more satisfying!
Unread 12-20-2008   #1078
kingofheights
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanfel View Post
LOL, I have that manga, and I was disappointed with the ending as well. I was so hoping Neese will fully become the container of the evil goddess, but that is non-hentai manga for you, the good guy/power of love always conquer the evil.
LOL this entire thread is about people becoming evil. Let the good guys win atleast once XD.
kingofheights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2008   #1079
SdazVarence
The Defiant Soul

Ah Screw the goodguys, the women are hotter when they're evil!
SdazVarence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2008   #1080
jmason
Customized Nightmare

I second the motion. The women are definitely 101% hotter in evil mode (especially in anime/manga).
jmason is offline   Reply With Quote