free hit counters
Potion Swilling and Moon Rising: Gender Bending Digital Stories - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-18-2013   #1
Alchemical Night
Watcher

Thumbs up Potion Swilling and Moon Rising: Gender Bending Digital Stories

Hi there,

While browsing Amazon, both American and British sites, as I sometimes do in search of my interests, I happened upon a interesting cache of new and fairly recent digital books, all deriving from the erotic fiction genre. Though I spied numerous titles, I happened upon three that seemed to have some distinction in their themes and narratives.

All pertaining to gender bending, these three would be a FTM trilogy and two MTF stories; the substance of, and links to, can be found below. Though I have, as yet perhaps, not purchased these, I do offer very brief summaries, though overall quality cannot be fully determined.

Mandy's Sex Change Potions by Ellie Saxx -

Essentially a reluctant new witch takes to browsing a inherited tome in which she experiments with concocting a gender bending potion: the result being a very male and amorous alter-ego with designs on friends and acquaintances. Though I have encountered little but snippets of text, the trilogy seems a fairly interesting example of the rare FTM genre with mild overtures of Jekyll and Hyde into the bargain.

Word count reported as circa. 20,000.

The trilogy can be found here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mandys-Potio...der_B00AEZC7PC

An American Werewoman by Gregor Daniels -

Something of a classic theme in our community and associated media with a unexpected meeting having much more profound consequences. A young man encounters a beautiful woman one night, but discovers about a month later that he is cursed to become a werewoman; now faced with the problem of fighting to retain his identity against his evolving feminine persona, come the full moon. A new addition to a classic, though ironically overlooked concept, it could be interesting to some here.

Word count is reported as 13,500.

The link is here http://www.amazon.co.uk/American-Wer...an+werewoman#_

Curse of the Were-Woman: A Transformation Tale by Dawn Carrington -

Returning to the Werewoman theme, but with a twist. In this a man is the subject of a encounter with a woman. But, more so, this woman is a succubus and, having over exerted her powers, has made another like her in him - in truth now, a were-succubus. A interesting twist and conflation to the fantasy element of TG fiction, this is a fairly rare example of such an idea in the wider media.

Word count is reported as being over 19,000.

The link can be found here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Curse-Were-W...pd_sim_kinc_17

I hope these findings bring some good food for thought and, perhaps, some interesting reading too .

Thanks,

Alchemical Night.

Last edited by Alchemical Night; 04-19-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013   #2
CNash
What would you rather be?

Re: Potion Swilling and Moon Rising: Gender Bending Digital Stories

I've read the second one, and it's really nothing special - you can easily find better on Fictionmania or the other TG fiction sites for free.

CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013   #3
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

I purchased and read the third. Like CNash said really nothing special. And there are far, far better stories both in these forums especially those by Reif and by many others on Fictionmania. Perhaps for a $1 I'd feel it was worth it, but for the price I felt profoundly ripped off.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013   #4
CNash
What would you rather be?

Mm. There are a huge number of self-published TG fiction ebooks on Amazon now; I think the authors are being a little opportunistic and have decided "Why should I post my work on a free site when I can make a quick buck?". The benefit of publishing on open, free sites is that authors have the chance to gain feedback and even have their work edited; by cutting out the middleman and self-publishing like this, they're flooding the market with poorly-polished (and in some cases unfinished!) first drafts, diluting their own revenue stream in the process.

CNash is offline   Reply With Quote