free hit counters
Questions & Discussion About Hulk-Outs - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-30-2013   #1
Prophet Tenebrae
Prophet Of Darkness

Questions & Discussion About Hulk-Outs

So, they're things discussed often enough but it never hurts to ask these questions again and I've been hankering to write something for a while... Let's forego the physical minutiae of the transformation this time and talk about some other aspects of the the hulk out.

I've just decided that as I'm getting into some not insubstantial pontification on each point that I'll break each question/rambling diatribe up into a different post... but feel free to ignore my propensity for perpetual pedantic pontification and just give answers on the questions... or, if you're so inclined - comment on some of the more lucid aspects of my discourse.

1. The constancy of a hulk-form.

Personally I've always liked the idea of the hulk-form either becoming progressively bigger/stronger/sexier with each transformation or there being some influence of the hulkees mental state on how they change (before, during or after the transformation)...

So, the obvious example that comes to mind - should our hulked-out lady be especially irked or aroused, she'd be get bigger and hulkier than if she was only just tipped over the edge... Do people prefer a straightforward hulk with a defined form or do you think that the nature of the beast is that they should be defined by some manner of physical fluidity?

Actually, the fact I mention that it's the person's own mental state that
affects their form opens up the possibility of it being down to other people...
that could be an interesting idea.

I suppose the most infamous example is Ang Lee's Hulk where the titular character didn't just get stronger when he got angrier but he also got larger... but then, that kind of physical manifestation of emotion or inner struggle goes back all the way to the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde where observant readers will note that Hyde start out smaller than Jekyll and ends up larger... A physical manifestation of Hyde's increasing mental domination.
Prophet Tenebrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013   #2
Prophet Tenebrae
Prophet Of Darkness

Re: Questions & Discussion About Hulk-Outs

2. How about the preferred attitude of the hulkee to their other half... a terrible problem to be solved, a burden to be endured, a guilty pleasure, a
useful tool, a dream come true, something completely different?

A lot of people seem to be big on what I suppose is the most iconic of the incarnations of the hulk, which is from the TV show... and it's kind of hard to see how anyone can be upbeat about their propensity to occasionally become a big green rage monster and smash stuff up.

For me, I always find that somewhat limiting to write because you know exactly where that's going to go - pretty much down the same route as the TV show with our protagonist effectively cursed to wander aimlessly in search of a cure (and naturally never finding one).

I recall that some time ago, verdelux did a single image that was alluding to be (but wasn't) part of a greater comic, as two guards try and restrain a hulking out woman who had used the search for a cure for Bruce Banner as an opportunity to hulk herself out... so, pretty much the exact opposite situation of the TV show.

Now that I think about it, there could be an interesting dynamic in that kind of situation... a girl who actively pursues the strength and sexuality of a Hulk, obtains it and then of course finds out that it's not quite like her fantasies... laws of unintended consequences... Hmm.

But then, I suppose there are a limited number of ways in which our meek and mild maidens can metamorphose into mighty monsters...
Unread 07-30-2013   #3
Prophet Tenebrae
Prophet Of Darkness

3. What should the relationship between the two halves of the persona be?

This is an aspect that I've seen explored a few times in really interesting ways but tends to be overlooked in favour of clothes bursting smexy...

I suppose - again - it's pretty much the case that the quintessential version of the Hulk is like that... Hulk hate puny Banner and that's about the size of the relationship.

And of course, if it's more of a standard She-Hulk type lowered inhibitions thing then there's no real divide.

Personally, I think it's always kind of missing a trick. Interaction between the two (or more) personalities always seems like a good source of tension... especially if you have a situation where the hulk persona is trying to provoke the protagonist into transforming and allowing them control.
Unread 07-30-2013   #4
Prophet Tenebrae
Prophet Of Darkness

4. How should the transformation be handled? Should it concentrate more on the physical or psychological aspects?

I think this one is relatively simple but it REALLY depends on all the specifics of the hulk (or hulks) in question. There's going to be a world of difference between how you handle a fairly simple savage she-hulk transformation where it's just the loss of control to rage and the normal shrippage versus a situation where a girl has two hulk personas within her fighting for control and is trying to keep them both in check.

The first one is really going to need to concentrate on the physical because savage transformations are mentally really just about the rage of the beast and there's only so much you can say about that.

A girl with multiple personas is going to have a ton of stuff going on in her head (for obvious reasons) and that might be MORE important than what's happening to her physically.
Unread 07-30-2013   #5
Prophet Tenebrae
Prophet Of Darkness

5. Changes to the status quo - assuming you're interested in more than just
the instant gratification of the money shot - should our be-hulked ladies just be stuck undergoing the same hulk-outs or should things change - such as the nature of her transformation, triggers, duration, relationship with her alter-ego, nature of alter-ego, powers/abilities... that kind of thing.

In fact, there seems a great deal of potential for a very literal character development with a hulk type story. Our heroine finds herself cursed to transform into a mindless brute... but what if that mindless brute starts to get to become mindful and stops being so much of a brute?

It's something that they KIND of did with She-Hulk in Marvel but really she was never more than just a pissed off Jen Walters and after a while, she calmed down... and of course, now it takes something pretty serious to get her jimmies rustled but then, they've got Lyra AND Betty if they want feminine Hulk rage.

Actually, the issue of the personhood of the Hulk is one you never REALLY see addressed when it comes to curing Hulks... if one assumes they are functionally a separate individual (and that happened pretty recently in the comics and wasn't even the first time), then isn't a cure effectively KILLING the persona? I suppose given the fact cures either don't work or get undone lickity split make it a non-issue...

Well, unless of course it's a situation like Hulked Out Heroes where they're established characters, where obviously they'll be be back to normal in time for tea with absolutely no consequences.
Unread 07-30-2013   #6
Conker
King of All the Land

I agree that two aspects that should be in a clip/video has to be that the woman basically grows more muscular and becomes a completely different person (mentally-speaking).
For example, a subdued and shy woman hulks out into a big, aggressive, and violent female.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013   #7
Kerberos
Process Fan

I'm actually rather intrigued by the thought of a she-hulk story that starts as say...5 foot woman. By whatever effect begins hulking out but it starts as less-inhibited 5 foot woman first time. Slightly taller, slightly bustier, slightly hornier, and slightly less restrained the 2nd time. Increase from there. Becoming more of a 2nd personality as the hulk out form diverges from the baseline.

Perhaps even tie in a secondary effect for the woman, that as the she hulk form gets bigger, it starts to have an effect on the baseline. Eventually she starts turning back to normal, but just a little bigger each time. Much less of a difference than the hulk out. Plus each time she becomes a little more like the she hulk persona. Maybe eventually making both forms one, and a reunification of herself.

I like this idea.
Unread 08-01-2013   #8
Prophet Tenebrae
Prophet Of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos View Post
I'm actually rather intrigued by the thought of a she-hulk story that starts as say...5 foot woman. By whatever effect begins hulking out but it starts as less-inhibited 5 foot woman first time. Slightly taller, slightly bustier, slightly hornier, and slightly less restrained the 2nd time. Increase from there. Becoming more of a 2nd personality as the hulk out form diverges from the baseline.

Perhaps even tie in a secondary effect for the woman, that as the she hulk form gets bigger, it starts to have an effect on the baseline. Eventually she starts turning back to normal, but just a little bigger each time. Much less of a difference than the hulk out. Plus each time she becomes a little more like the she hulk persona. Maybe eventually making both forms one, and a reunification of herself.

I like this idea.
The first part is pretty much exactly what I was imagining things playing out - although I think it would have to be a pretty damned long story... because you're essentially mixing slow growth with transformations, although - I suppose you could skip over a few of the changes... but then, at the same time - that feels as if it would be cheating because you really need to be showing the subtle changes in the relationships over time...

Sigh, so many ideas - so little time.
Unread 08-01-2013   #9
Robopengy
Happy owl

Talking Re: Questions & Discussion About Hulk-Outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos View Post

I like this idea.
That sounds almost exactly like the plot from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I approve!
Robopengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013   #10
ZZZ
Process Disciple

You guys might like my FMG comic, Edge of Humanity, based on my old written story. Some of what is discussed here applies - after each transformation she returns to normal but a little bigger/more aggressive/sexy each time. This one wont be out till later this year.

My GTS, BE, SW and FMG comics for sale:
ZZZ's Comics

Official website:
http://sizechangecentral.com

If you like my work check out my deviant art stuff at http://zzzcomics.deviantart.com/
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female muscle growth, growth, hulk, hulk out