free hit counters
Things that you really dont like to see in a transformation. - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-15-2018   #25
djangosp150
Process Fan

Re: Things that you really dont like to see in a transformation.

I hate when the process is inconsistent or illogical. Like her body is completely changed but her face isnt. Having fast changes and then it slows down. Like in that lost girl
Cat episode.

Also when they put the actress in hours of makeup for 2 seconds of a shot
djangosp150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2018   #26
yokoritona
Miss Lurker

Skin ripping, teeth/nails falling out with lots of blood. I can't stand it.
yokoritona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2018   #27
eldoradov
Leecher

Merging legs together to make a snake. That's anatomically baffling, although if you've got a bondage kink, I get the appeal. Also applies to mermaids, even if there's no canonical mermaid anatomy I just think it's inelegant.

Also TF into a primate. I just think it's boring, we're already monkeys.
eldoradov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2018   #28
Mazoku
Process Master

Too much gore, or grotesqueness.

Completely or almost completely animal/whatever head on a body that is otherwise a mid-range mix of human and other form, I'm looking at you, 90% of werewolves and anthros. (Altered Beast gets a pass, because it's Altered Beast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzC7jzA1nwc ).

Forms that are extremely non-humanoid, loss of hands, arms etc, though sometimes some lower-body is acceptable, mermaids, nagas, drider etc. There are other exceptions, especially for comedic effect.

A lack of any mental changes. I always feel like the mind should be influenced to some degree by the transformation. There are exceptions.

Complete mental change with no trace of previous identity remaining. (Personality, memories, awareness of previous state, continuity of consciousness of self, if nothing of these remains the transformation seems pointless to me).
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2018   #29
Werewolf1361
Frequent Poster

In a written TF scene, too many adverbs can ruin it and weaken the language. Instead a stronger verb should be used.

For example, instead of saying: "Danielle's feet slowly grew to twice their length; It was very painful," say "Danielle's feet stretched to twice their length; the pain was excruciating."

I also think "suddenly" is one of the most overused adverbs in all of TF fiction. "Suddenly, the pain hit her," or "suddenly the changes stopped." It's not needed.

I'll also be the first to admit I'm a horrible offender when it comes to this. So from here on out, no more adverbs in TFs.
Werewolf1361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2018   #30
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Not a popular opinion around here, but strong focus on the feet is a massive turn-off for me.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2018   #31
Werewolf1361
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
Not a popular opinion around here, but strong focus on the feet is a massive turn-off for me.
A strong focus on feet? Now who wpuld.do a thing like that?
Werewolf1361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2018   #32
Lycanthrokeith
Gotta Be Me

I have some things that immediately take me out of a transformation.

#1: Feet. I can understand including them in the description for completion's sake, but they don't appeal to me in the least. I can deal with hooves or paws, but just a quick shift description is all I need. I prefer it even more if the "burst out of the shoes" method is used (I'm the one Jimbo was referring to earlier). This might be part of the reason why I don't care for tauric creatures.

#2: Werecreatures who know what they are and forget when the full moon is. "Oh no, I forgot it was a full moon tonight!" I don't care what else you have going on in your life, the instant you realize that you turn into a mythical beast person three nights every month, those three nights become the pivotal points of your schedule. Get someone else to cover your shift at Burger King or sub for the freakin' bowling league. Please, shift responsibly.

#3: In a similar vein, werecreatures that are described as "turning into a were(whatever)." I could see this description applying the first time they've ever shifted, but after that, I've always looked at it as "they stopped being human the instant they were infected." I prefer to say they "changed forms" or "returned to (werecreature/human) shape." I also don't care for werecreatures who don't at least have some reflections in their human form (better senses/reflexes, a taste for raw meat, etc).

#4: Skin ripping, nails and teeth splitting or falling out, hair falling out, blood and gore, etc.

#5: The phrase "reversed knees." They are not reversed knees, they are risen ankles. Xavier: Renegade Angel had reversed knees.

#6: Goo, paint, or suit TF's (exception: If the victim is becoming a slime or goo creature, then goo as the impetus is perfect).

#7: Furries/aliens/general non-humans as TF subjects (elves are an exception for me). The whole idea of TF to me is to make humans something more special. Furries/etc are already something unique, why change them?

#8: In TF video games, any automatic TF that happens solely because you went in the wrong direction. I'm not afraid to admit that I'll Save Scum to avoid becoming a creature I don't like. I didn't like dying by simply moving onto the construction site in Deja Vu, either.

#9: Poof TF's, and TF's shown entirely in shadow. Show, don't tell.

#10: Anthro animal TF's without muzzles or tails. This also includes things like werewolves that have the eyes, ears, claws, and fangs, and call it a day. Teen Wolves, basically. If you're going to do it, commit.

There's probably a couple things I've forgotten at the moment. I'm sure they'll spring back to mind as soon as I see them.

Avatar: "Checking" by Mikhail. Used With Permission.

F-List: https://www.f-list.net/c/missclaneous

Last edited by Lycanthrokeith; 07-24-2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: More comments.
Lycanthrokeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2018   #33
unseen_unheard
Lurker

1. Gore - I'm for the changes not the body horror.
2. Immobility - Part of the TF for me is what's done after the transformation. An immobile object does nothing.
3. Attribute theft - After a TF I went there to be more of something unusual, not a musical chairs of unusual
4 . Too high a ratio of animal to human - For animal TFs I don't like when the subject is less than two-thirds human. I much prefer an animalistic human than an animal with some human traits.

One thing a few folks mentioned not liking that I do like is transformation of clothes along with the body transformation. It's goofy but I really enjoy it.

Last edited by unseen_unheard; 07-25-2018 at 01:03 AM.
unseen_unheard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2018   #34
Apsm
Lurker/budding TG author

I definitely agree with poof or offscreen tfs. Its even worse when they tease a tf scenario, only for the subject to be tf'd when we next see them (I'm looking at you, Simpson's Halloween special that parodied the Island of Dr Moreau).

I also am annoyed with the 'shopping list' mode of writing (his tail grew, then his muzzle grew, etc). It feels lazy and rushed and sucks the eroticism out of the change.

I personally like personality changes, but not if it comes at the cost of killing the previous identity and treated as a happy ending. If its two personalities sharing the one body, or the new identity is sort of the subconscious persona thats been suppressed, then I find it less offensive.
-Female characters I'd like to be (Update): Rei (EVA), Ami and Haruka (Sailor Moon), Nene (BGC2040), Teletha (FMP), Haruhi and Mikuru(Haruhi Suzumiya), Yourichi and Rangiku (Bleach), Riza(FMA), Lenalee (D Gray Man), Ennis (Baccano).
Apsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2018   #35
lothar777
Lurker

Really well done, detailed, long drawn out tfs of men. It's 100% a personal thing but it always bums me out that they couldn't put this much effort into a woman transforming.
lothar777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2018   #36
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
Not just me then.

I swear some TF stories have so much focus on the feet that the werewolf aspect seems secondary to it.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote