free hit counters
A Fin in the Water: Street Sharks Revival? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-14-2016   #1
Alchemical Night
Watcher

A Fin in the Water: Street Sharks Revival?

Hello there,

Browsing a few websites recently, I was moved to search out an old franchise of my formative years, and happened to discover something curious and potentially interesting for the community.

The Street Sharks franchise of the 90's (four teenagers becoming super powered, anthro sharks through genetic tampering) popped in the mid 90's before fizzling out in the years afterwards. The characters and continuity kept in some semblance of life, though, through art, collectors and - yes - even some TF focused content, it was in these circles I stumbled upon some tasty, if slightly dated news.

It would seem that Toy giant Mattel have recently - as of Nov. 2015 - invested some effort in obtaining the Street Sharks trademark: as reported here http://news.toyark.com/2015/12/04/ma...ademark-184123 and with documentation here http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86...e=statusSearch .

In all, as it's been a while since this was carried through, it may not be much, though a brief skirting of some forums finds a lingering, colorful curiosity in what might become of an updated franchise - and with some nice ideas to bounce around too .

On a last note, I happened to come across this pic of "King Shark" from the recent Flash serial - others seeming to agree it's a compelling, dark vision of ways in which material focused on anthro sharks could go, if allowed. In the very least, some spice for the imagination .

Alchemical Night.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote