free hit counters
(collage) The Shocking Secret of the Wendy Davis Filibuster - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 06-28-2013   #1
vid
Frequent Poster

(collage) The Shocking Secret of the Wendy Davis Filibuster

*Note - I am creating this collage/project purely out of attraction to this lovely woman and the inspiration I found from pics from the event. I do not intend this to trivialize or criticize her accomplishments and bravery regarding very serious issues. If anyone here feels otherwise, I welcome comments, but please don't turn this into a flame-war. Also, there is another component I'd like to add, but I need to know how to upload a custom audio file for people to download. Does anyone know a good method?*

BREAKING NEWS FROM WASHINGTON:

Senator Wendy Davis endured much during her 13-hour filibuster. But an anonymous source is claiming that Senator Davis's struggles were far worse than they seem and could amount to one of the most bizarre scandals in this nation's history.

wd1.jpg

According to the informant, during hour 7 of the filibuster, opponents of Senator Davis employed a strange secret tactic using an untested government experiment - a shrink ray. The goal, says the source, was to make Senator Davis so small and difficult to see or hear that the filibuster would be automatically cancelled.

Senator Davis was in the middle of a discussion on women's point of view regarding politics when she was struck with the ray. She continued to talk as she quickly shrank, seemingly unaware of her dwindling stature, the rising pitch in her voice still undeniably determined. She ended up only a few inches tall, still talking, but it seemed in vain, except for one shocking twist:

wd.jpg

Her now iconic pink shoes somehow protected her feet from the ray, leaving them normal-sized. Not only was the bright footwear enough to keep her visible and not break the filibuster, but her proportionately enormous feet helped anchor her to the ground, ensuring she wasn't going anywhere.

She returned to normal by the end of the meeting, but the government has been quick to hide the details, doctoring video clips and photos to mask the strange event and the weapon itself. Only time will tell if the story is true...
vid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013   #2
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Re: (collage) The Shocking Secret of the Wendy Davis Filibuster

First off, you can transcode the audio to an MPG video (with no actual video stream) and upload directly, or you can right-click, Send To... > Compressed Folder and upload the resulting .zip archive.

Secondly, there should be backlash to this - even if only temporary. Make Perry shrink, then have her "tease" him a bit.
Unread 06-29-2013   #3
vid
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_richter View Post
First off, you can transcode the audio to an MPG video (with no actual video stream) and upload directly, or you can right-click, Send To... > Compressed Folder and upload the resulting .zip archive.
\
I tried uploading a zip folder - didn't work.

I tried converting to a WMV file using Audacity - says it needs a "library." I downloaded "LAME" but I have no idea what to do.

Is there anything else I can try?
Unread 06-30-2013   #4
Toastmaster
Leecher

Download the "FFmpeg Binary for Audacity" at http://lame1.buanzo.com.ar/

After, follow the guidelines posted here http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/F...lug-Ins#locate
Toastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013   #5
vid
Frequent Poster

*Thanks to everyone who posted advice - I like screwing around with Audacity so if you like this I could always do more. Note - file is WMA*

New evidence has surfaced regarding the bizarre claims that Senator Wendy Davis was shrunken in size during her filibuster. Although video is not available at this time, the same source that broke the story (reportedly from the Senator's office) has provided an audio file of the exact moment Davis was allegedly struck by the shrink ray.

At around the midpoint where Davis was in the middle of her topic on women's perspective, there is a clear sound of some sort of device going off. Davis continues to speak, but her voice quickly rises in pitch and becomes harder to hear. According to the source, a fellow senator quickly grabbed a microphone and held it level to the now 1-inch tall Davis, who finished her thought, clearly unshaken by her new stature despite the nearby brown paper bag she carried her shoes in looming over her.

WD.zip

The source also claims that the reports on the filibuster "3-strike" rules were also partially faked: while Davis was indeed penalized for taking a moment to secure a back-brace, the other 2 "strikes" were all allegedly as follows:

-The aforementioned help from the other senator regarding the microphone.

-Senator Davis's comment minutes after she was miniaturized, which was seen as "off-topic." Davis's statement is reproduced below without editing (emphasis of scale added):

"I want to point out briefly for those following at home that, through strange and under-handed methods designed to silence me, I have somehow been reduced to miniscule size. However, I will not let such tactics sway me, and will continue to stand strong, even if I cannot stand tall."

The source claims that Davis, upon returning to normal size, has tried to report on her experience but has been blocked repeatedly. The source concluded its latest report with the cryptic message that Davis has recently experienced side-effects from the ray...

Last edited by vid; 07-01-2013 at 09:27 AM.