free hit counters
Upcoming Mainstream Comic with strong TF potential - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-09-2018   #1
b-ridge
Process Fan

Upcoming Mainstream Comic with strong TF potential

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/man-eaters-1

"Eisner-nominated and New York Times bestselling thriller writer CHELSEA CAIN returns to comics with a new ONGOING SERIES! A mutation in Toxoplasmosis causes menstruating women to turn into ferocious killer wildcats—easily provoked and extremely dangerous. As panic spreads and paranoia takes root, the fate of the world rides on the shoulders of one twelve-year-old girl. Part Cat People, part The Handmaid’s Tale, MAN-EATERS will have everyone talking. From the creative team behind the Eisner-nominated series Mockingbird: writer CHELSEA CAIN, artist KATE NIEMCZYK, colorist RACHELLE ROSENBERG, letterer JOE CARAMAGNA, and joined by LIA MITERNIQUE, KATIE LANE, and STELLA GREENVOSS. This September… the cat wants in."

The first issue comes out in mid-september. Judging from the creative team, I'm not anticipating super sexualized transformations or anything, but from the premise alone, the tf content should be quite high.
b-ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2018   #2
Sunstrider
Process Fan

Re: Upcoming Mainstream Comic with strong TF potential

If it's by Chelsea Cain, it's gonna start as a decent story and then it'll nosedive horribly by the third or fourth issue. And considering how Cain writes, i'm thinking they won't transform but change into psychopaths a la Crossed.
Sunstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2018   #3
b-ridge
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstrider View Post
And considering how Cain writes, i'm thinking they won't transform but change into psychopaths a la Crossed.
I totally understand not getting your hopes up, but for what it's worth they showed a few pages in the most recent Image+ magazine, and you do see a girl turn into a cat. It was pretty straightforward, though. More like an animorphs cover, but I'm hoping that given the subject matter there will be a good transformation or two in there. Plus the art is pretty nice.
Unread 07-17-2018   #4
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ridge View Post
I totally understand not getting your hopes up, but for what it's worth they showed a few pages in the most recent Image+ magazine, and you do see a girl turn into a cat. It was pretty straightforward, though. More like an animorphs cover, but I'm hoping that given the subject matter there will be a good transformation or two in there. Plus the art is pretty nice.
Care to post it?
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2018   #5
b-ridge
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post
Care to post it?
I didn't have a copy of the magazine digitally so I snapped a quick picture in the store yesterday - sorry for the quality.

As you can see, this tf itself isn't much to get excited about, but the hope is that since tf is a big part of the story we'll get more scenes, and hopefully some fun gems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1610.JPG (1.36 MB, 612 views)
Unread 04-22-2019   #6
JasonSlayer
Frequent Poster

Anyone have any new word on this?

It's been out for a while now.

Don't get me wrong-the story's pretty okay and all, but I think I speak for all of us when I say we're, like, 60% there for any process we'll get to see.
JasonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2019   #7
scryer
Process Fan

It dosn't help its that really crude graphic novel type drawings, really lacks details
scryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2019   #8
Altair
CatGirl in Process

Nothing more to see than what's shown above in terms of process. Maybe issue#2 (expected Jun 5, 2019) will have another TF.

https://imgur.com/a/sVHkJwY