free hit counters
A Midsummer Nightmare - Shrink Fan Comics - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 06-06-2023   #13
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Re: A Midsummer Nightmare - Shrink Fan Comics

:: Gives Chocolate a diploma & fancy pen. ::

I also have a story that I think is quite good, but it won't work in ShrinkFan's house style.

Last edited by Prof_Sai; 06-06-2023 at 05:55 PM.
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2023   #14
Tiedefender
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll-Elf View Post
It also doesn't help that the Shrinkfan shrinking stories tend to head very quickly to micro or near micro sizes. (to me, anything under barbie size is micro. At that point perspective gets too wacked for me. I prefer the 2-3 foot size range)

I thought the plot was interesting for the story but I am turned off at so many stories involving shrinking woman penis worship.

I get that guys find that stuff hot I think, it just seems that's always the thing to happen though.

If there's a guy who's the romantic interest, the shrunken person is obsessed with giant penis. It's basically binary code at this point.

I just don't understand giant penis envy.

And then when we get sexual stories with lesbians half the time they are either bisexual stories which involve giant penis worship or predatory stories which really unnerves me due to the predatory lesbian trope (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p.../PsychoLesbian)

Needs more loving lesbian relationship shrinking.
Always though micro was under an inch. Though I personally like between 3 and 6 inches.

Honestly I don't like seeing penises. And I'm tired of the girl on girl stuff. Not a fan of predatory stories either. I'm leaning more for the romance stories.

Admittedly I'm having the same trouble with the story I'm writing for Shrink Fan. It is most difficult to build a relationship in a short comic. Knowing that people will want sexy time and resisting putting it in. Still need another draft to figure out how to end it in a logical way. And find a new way to link the reference images.

As for the comic it's self:

Don't really have a strong opinion either way. Seems safe with the obligatory sex scene. While it was different it was also hard to get a sense of scale.
Unread 06-07-2023   #15
ArcaneBEFan
Illegal Shrink Ray Dealer

I think the problem ShrinkFan is facing is that there is no consensus on what people want from their shrinking scenes and they can only put out 1 comic a month. It's not an enviable position to be in.

2-3ft is a very uncomfortable height and I don't enjoy content there at all. Anything under 2 inches is also pretty alienating. I like 3-6 inches like TieDefender.

The AI art topic is an extremely flammable substance, and probably best to handle with care.

That said, if ShrinkFan switched to using AI art for comics I would stop paying for ShrinkFan regardless of the quality of the art. I don't believe in selling AI generated images.
Unread 06-07-2023   #16
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneBEFan View Post
I don't believe in selling AI generated images.
Try to MAKE some AI images. That will change your mind.

Here is what I get:

And here is someone who knows what they are doing:

I'm quite skilled at image retouching but Google images will get me what I want far faster than Diffusion Bee in almost all cases. Cars, digital imaging, and Photoshop all had lots of flack when they first came out: "If I can't shoot on film I'll stop making movies," Quentin Tarantino.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 1.22.33 AM.jpeg (319.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: png dfwptoo-c667ace0-c2b8-46ff-8829-8e947a7c9245.png (578.9 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by Prof_Sai; 06-07-2023 at 11:36 PM.
Unread 06-07-2023   #17
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Also, pocket calculators will make all children who grew up in the 1980s unable to do math. That is the future of AI art. Ironically, AI would not work for the story I wrote either.

Last edited by Prof_Sai; 06-07-2023 at 11:50 PM.
Unread 06-09-2023   #18
ArcaneBEFan
Illegal Shrink Ray Dealer

No, it doesn't change my mind, sorry. AI generation can and will be a tool for artists to use supplementing their artistic process. But selling purely AI generated art with minimal or no modification? I don't believe that's an appropriate use of the tool in the society we have.

The point of automation is to reduce the amount of bullshit people have to do so they can focus on important things. Automating away the important things sucks.

Also, anyone generating AI art has just as much right to that art as I do or anyone else does. So why are they selling me things I should already own? It is always ethical to pirate AI art.
Unread 06-09-2023   #19
Prof_Sai
Instigator

You weren't imagining that the AI could output a whole comic on its own, were you? They can't even figure out how the alphabet works!

I was figuring that each panel would need to be assembled from multiple renderings, require extensive touch up, and need to be re-rendered many times to get the right pose and activity. Few AI artists seem to know how to get an AI to consistently create the same people in different poses, but wearing the same clothes. Compositions need to be manually extended and modified to include space for word balloons. Before any of that, we'd need page layouts so we know what to ask the AI for. That could not be automated at all. And of course a concise and efficiently told story that fits in the available number of pages - That's the opposite of what AI stories are like. I haven't seen any sign that anyone has tried to teach an AI about panel transitions or visual storytelling. All of that has to come from the artists & writers.

AI might be able to improve art quality within individual panels, but comics include a lot of hard work beyond that.
Unread 06-10-2023   #20
JoeBlue
Leecher

I didn't overall enjoy this one much, but it was ok.

But I'm far more disturbed by the talk of AI images here. and no, I'm not calling it art, because by legal definition, it isn't. (there's a fan case about a monkey using a guy's camera that set this precedent, look it up)
AI generated images is largely glorified art theft. Did you personally go in and buy all the images an AI program uses to try and make a collage of an image? No? then it's theft.
so far, that's all it's been used for. I will not support it and I'm sad that there's an AI shill in here.
JoeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2023   #21
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlue View Post
I'm not calling it art, because by legal definition, it isn't.
:: Gets law changed. ::

Last edited by Prof_Sai; 06-10-2023 at 02:03 AM.
Unread 06-10-2023   #22
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Hey so, just a suggestion here but maybe this discussion should be moved to general or flame & bullshit or something because it is leagues away from the topic of the thread and discussion over AI art tends to get spicy fast.

I can write when I find the time.

But mostly I'm here to leech! *thumbs up*
zdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2023   #23
Tiedefender
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdarkness View Post
Hey so, just a suggestion here but maybe this discussion should be moved to general or flame & bullshit or something because it is leagues away from the topic of the thread and discussion over AI art tends to get spicy fast.
I second this.
Unread 06-10-2023   #24
Prof_Sai
Instigator

We already have this from March, we could continue here:

http://www.process-productions.com/f...t=51171&page=3