free hit counters
Are Werehumans a thing? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-24-2022   #1
Gaim
Lurker

Are Werehumans a thing?

I’m just genuinely curious, are there any stories where a creature or an animal transform into a human the same way a human would uncontrollably turn into a werewolf?
Gaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2022   #2
Amahain
Process Master

Re: Are Werehumans a thing?

Yup.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...HumanityEnsues
Unread 07-25-2022   #3
GenYun
Ye Olde 3D Artiste

There was the Were-man played by Rhys Darby in the last season of the X-Files. Absolutely hilarious.

I know it's not female, but I thought it was worth mentioning for the comedy value.
GenYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2022   #4
lowes96
Process Master

In the tv series Dinosaurs the big brother becomes a wereman like caveman type.
lowes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2022   #5
doctorwho_03
Leecher

Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers - A Wolf in Cheap Clothing. Professor Nimnul invents a device that swaps the physical characteristics of a wolf with himself. When the wolf in question becomes human, he looks like a cartoon Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. 🤣
doctorwho_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2022   #6
Jake
Frequent Poster

There is this: https://web.archive.org/web/20020212...on/animal.html
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2022   #7
no-name
The Undying Shadow

I'm sure there's a lot of "werehuman" transformations out there, but finding it might prove difficult.
Here's some that have come to mind:

Princess Tutu:
The main character (Ahiru/Duck/Princess Tutu) is a duck who can become human via a pendant; using the pendant in water turns her into a human, while quacking in human form reverts her into a duck. The story ends with the duck irreversibly turning back.

Chao from "Unico":
Chao/Katy/Chloe is a cat who wants to be a witch; the titular unicorn changes her into a human out of kindness. She has no way of changing forms herself throughout the adventure, and by story's end, she remains human.

Filo from "The Rising of Shield Hero":
Filo is...some kind of giant bird that suddenly transforms into a human with small wings, making her look more "angel-like", but the point stands.
(I know next to nothing about this story or if she even gains the ability to TF at will, btw.)

And, of course, the titular "Last Unicorn". While I've never seen the film or read the book, this mostly lines up with what I think you're looking for, albeit with more magic involved (the unicorn doesn't even have a name until much later in the story). I don't know if there's any on-screen TF, though.

I also remember an old story where one or two people successfully transform a female cat into a woman via "SCIENCE!!!" and proceed to teach her how to act more human. The relationship sours at some point (perhaps they had second thoughts and the cat didn't want to turn back, I'm not certain), but the story ends with her "mentor(s?)" becoming cat(s?) instead. Sadly, I can't remember the name of story or even the author.

There may have been some two-part short stories post here in the past (wolf-to-human and vice-versa; the human TF was posted first). I'm not sure if they're still here. The process itself was fine, though I wasn't too fond of how the mental changes were done, but that's just me.

That's all I can recall at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowes96 View Post
In the tv series Dinosaurs the big brother becomes a wereman like caveman type.
I vaguely remember that episode being funny, but I can't recall how the process itself was done.
no-name is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2022   #8
Sunstrider
Process Fan

There was this french cartoon set in Africa, can't remember the name but I used to watch it on public access TV in the late 90s, where one of the characters was a gazelle or impala that turned into a girl at night due to a curse or something.
Sunstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2022   #9
elrey
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstrider View Post
There was this french cartoon set in Africa, can't remember the name but I used to watch it on public access TV in the late 90s, where one of the characters was a gazelle or impala that turned into a girl at night due to a curse or something.
Looks interesting, could it be Kassai and Luk?

Last edited by elrey; 08-14-2022 at 01:03 AM.
elrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2022   #10
Amahain
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrey View Post
Looks interesting, could it be Kassai and Luk?
Oh wow, I've completely forgotten about the show.

Though from the Wikipedia article, it sounds like the princess was human and was cursed to turn into a gazelle during the daytime.
Unread 08-15-2022   #11
Gevaudan
Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-name View Post
I also remember an old story where one or two people successfully transform a female cat into a woman via "SCIENCE!!!" and proceed to teach her how to act more human. The relationship sours at some point (perhaps they had second thoughts and the cat didn't want to turn back, I'm not certain), but the story ends with her "mentor(s?)" becoming cat(s?) instead. Sadly, I can't remember the name of story or even the author.
I believe you're referring to "Substitution", from the Old Doc's Lab TF story site, which I found here?

-Best regards, an ancient mostly-lurker.
Gevaudan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transformation, werewolf