free hit counters
Alice In Wonderland - Page 103 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-17-2016   #1225
Mr Wayne
The Man,the Myth,the Bat.
 
Mr Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 738
Wink Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allogagan View Post
Slightly off topic but still about Alice in Wonderland related. In the 1951 Disney's Alice in Wonderland when Alice grows in the White Rabbit's house you see one of her legs growing out of the front door and when they show the full house (see attachment) you see the other legs has also grown out of the house. Where exactly is it coming out of? They never show how this legs got there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebok View Post
Probably through a plot hole or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funbird View Post
A window at the side.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 50percentgrey View Post
As long as we're at it, how is it the inside of the house has two floors but when Alice fills it up (luv that thought, btw), it looks more like one floor. Perhaps she made the second floor collapse under her weight making it that way?
I think they just squeeeezed her swelling body through the house's nooks and crevices for dramatic effect, 50percentgrey.



What they should have done was never pan away from Alice's initial growth inside the second floor room to the White Rabbit, but instead continued to show her filling up the rest of the house from the inside. Not the outside as much until the very end of her growth spurt. And then to have slowed down the pace more, while never compromising how they portrayed Alice's anxiety.

By the way... While we're on this subject twice, I don't know about all of you but I sure would love to take some of those bread slices (or whatever they are) nested on the front window sill.

;-P
__________________
The night is darkest just before the dawn...

kArMa
XD

Last edited by Mr Wayne; 03-17-2016 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Oops...
Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2016   #1226
Allogagan
Growth Fan
 
Allogagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Edgewood, MD
Posts: 363
Talking Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by funbird View Post

vs.

A window at the side.

What surprise me more is as I remember, that she has the door on her back when growing in the room, but get her leg through facing the door.
I guess that too, I was looking at the 2nd pic posted here when she is big and notice the clock and all are on the other side when you see the growth the stuff is in front of the white rabbit on the way out but you never do see how they got out there.

Anyway just a side discussion of something I always wondered since I noticed it a few years ago.
Allogagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016   #1227
Reebok
Sayer Raider
 
Reebok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 151
Re: Alice In Wonderland

I also wanted to ask: does anyone know or remember about the Disney "Choose your own adventure" books? I remember as a child reading one with Alice in Wonderland where the reader is another Alice (brown hair and purple dress).

I recall that one of the bad endings had the reader eat a cookie inside the White Rabbit's house and growing like in the movie. Does anyone know anything about this?
Reebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016   #1228
Allogagan
Growth Fan
 
Allogagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Edgewood, MD
Posts: 363
Wink Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebok View Post
I also wanted to ask: does anyone know or remember about the Disney "Choose your own adventure" books? I remember as a child reading one with Alice in Wonderland where the reader is another Alice (brown hair and purple dress).

I recall that one of the bad endings had the reader eat a cookie inside the White Rabbit's house and growing like in the movie. Does anyone know anything about this?
I personally don't but wish I did, I like Choose your own adventure books. I used to have a few as a kid but lost them as I grew up.
Allogagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016   #1229
sandvich_king
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 15
Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebok View Post
I also wanted to ask: does anyone know or remember about the Disney "Choose your own adventure" books? I remember as a child reading one with Alice in Wonderland where the reader is another Alice (brown hair and purple dress).

I recall that one of the bad endings had the reader eat a cookie inside the White Rabbit's house and growing like in the movie. Does anyone know anything about this?
you can buy it on amazon for 5 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...=used&qid=&sr=
sandvich_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016   #1230
Reebok
Sayer Raider
 
Reebok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 151
Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandvich_king View Post
you can buy it on amazon for 5 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...=used&qid=&sr=
Damn, I didn't think of checking Amazon! Thanks a lot! I'll buy it when I have some money.

Last edited by Reebok; 03-18-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Reebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016   #1231
wolfman-al
Electric Frankfurter
 
wolfman-al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frankfurt, darkest Germany
Posts: 1,834
Re: Alice In Wonderland

That CYOA book looks interesting. Maybe I should get it.
__________________
I see dumb people...

My comic: www.airpatrolonline.net
wolfman-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016   #1232
Reebok
Sayer Raider
 
Reebok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 151
Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman-al View Post
That CYOA book looks interesting. Maybe I should get it.
I'd love to see you review the book in your "Alice big and small" blog.
Reebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016   #1233
wolfman-al
Electric Frankfurter
 
wolfman-al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frankfurt, darkest Germany
Posts: 1,834
Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebok View Post
I'd love to see you review the book in your "Alice big and small" blog.
Good idea actually. Havenīt done anything with that blog in a while.
__________________
I see dumb people...

My comic: www.airpatrolonline.net
wolfman-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2016   #1234
panasonic
Leecher
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5
Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50percentgrey View Post
As long as we're at it, how is it the inside of the house has two floors but when Alice fills it up, it looks more like one floor. Perhaps she made the second floor collapse under her weight making it that way?
It's best not to think about it or if you do just remember "Wonderland logic."



Here we have Alice walking up stairs and with a clock where her right leg is going to exit a few scenes later...which ends up near her left foot.
So once she does grow apparently her legs became plastic since her knee is bending at a broken angle relative to her thighs which are on the second floor which still exists because



once she shrinks the rabbit lands on the second floor and starts to run out now that her girth isn't impeding an exit. Granted in the original and some versions only her neck grows in the "serpent" scene with the mother bird so Alice's body being rubber isn't outlandish especially because "Wonderland logic."

And at the same time Alice fills up the second floor which seemingly stretches out with her

since she isn't hunched over to look out the window at the front despite being in the rafters which the window wasn't as the rabbit was able to look out of it while on the floor.
It's a cartoon/illogical logical book thing.

As much as her Mary Jane shoes are ideal for her, along with her bloomers and stockings, I do want more grown up versions of this scene like the one panther did but never finished.
This was definitely my introduction to the size fetish business when I didn't know what size fetish was. I love when it's aged up to appropriate levels and more is added to it.
panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2016   #1235
Mr Wayne
The Man,the Myth,the Bat.
 
Mr Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 738
Cool Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonic View Post
As much as her Mary Jane shoes are ideal for her, along with her bloomers and stockings, I do want more grown up versions of this scene like the one Panther did but never finished.

This was definitely my introduction to the size fetish business when I didn't know what size fetish was. I love when it's aged up to appropriate levels and more is added to it.
Amen to that. Amen.
__________________
The night is darkest just before the dawn...

kArMa
XD
Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2016   #1236
50percentgrey
MacroTessaClaustroPhile
 
50percentgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 527
Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonic View Post
It's best not to think about it or if you do just remember "Wonderland logic."

...so Alice's body being rubber isn't outlandish especially because "Wonderland logic".
That clarifies a few things. Regarding the "artificiality" effect upon Alice in her giantess form, there was another Alice film that gave the character similar treatment:



And every time Alice shrank or grew, she would turn into a doll or some kind of artificial figure devoid of human anatomy.



Also taking into account the food and drink (and pieces of mushroom) that Alice consumes to change sizes, it would also suggest that her resorting to indulge in said consumables would be a way of abandoning her sense of reality; and in effect, her acknowledgment that she's only flesh and blood and nothing more.

In a more gistful proposition, Alice is no better than a doll in Wonderland. No sense of reason or accountability, much like the dolls she may have been situated by her adult superiors to play with often. This is easily understood because basically she's still just a child, or a young woman with no grip on reality yet (depending on your point of view, perverse or otherwise).
__________________
50percentgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.