free hit counters
Movie Brain Storm - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-06-2017   #25
CantSaySeeSaw
Ezekial 23:20

Re: Movie Brain Storm

By CGI, I mean throwing the pictures into Photoshop and manipulating the images to be a bit longer in each in between frame.

Last edited by CantSaySeeSaw; 04-06-2017 at 07:55 PM.
CantSaySeeSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2017   #26
Cactus Jack
Fan of the Art of Process

The Shaggy Dog, of course, now you're barking up my alley. We definitely need to be thinking in multimedia, instead of choosing between CGI and practical, bridge the gap.
Unread 04-06-2017   #27
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSaySeeSaw View Post
If anyone wants to start brainstorming a script, that's another project that I can undertake but it will take me awhile to get to it. Hooves, perhaps using Destier's model, would also be helpful. It's a lot of work, but not if everyone takes on a bit of it.

If some of this gets done, I'd say we've got a scrappy start to something.
Well, if I were to put together this screenplay, should I try to be conscious of what we'd probably be working with as I write the details of the TF? Or should I just go full-throttle, and we can whittle down the impractical stuff later?

I have a basic scenario in mind where a female hitchhiker comes across an abandoned barn, where she could either A. come across a cow-woman who infects her (she'd be kept mostly off-screen), or B. drinks from a bucket of freshly-squeezed cow milk. Does this work for everybody?
Dr. Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2017   #28
CantSaySeeSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Otto View Post
Well, if I were to put together this screenplay, should I try to be conscious of what we'd probably be working with as I write the details of the TF? Or should I just go full-throttle, and we can whittle down the impractical stuff later?

I have a basic scenario in mind where a female hitchhiker comes across an abandoned barn, where she could either A. come across a cow-woman who infects her (she'd be kept mostly off-screen), or B. drinks from a bucket of freshly-squeezed cow milk. Does this work for everybody?
I'm not into having a cow-woman be part of it only because it's more stuff to build. I think something simple would be better. I also wouldn't attempt to write an entire script before writing something shorter that we can review. I'm sure other people want to write as well, so this will keep it open to collaboration, instead of it being one person's fantasies.
Unread 04-06-2017   #29
Cactus Jack
Fan of the Art of Process

Cow seems kinda weak. I don't think I could stand to watch someone degenerate until they moo mournfully. Skip the milk, make it a horse instead. She grows and gets strong.
Unread 04-07-2017   #30
Galyo
Process Fan

Quote:
The interesting thing about TF is that you don't need to have it look real. Certain things are really easy to imply. Sound effects are a huge trigger for most people, and I know that shadows are enough for me a lot of the time, enough that I bought a light just to play by myself. I liked whoever said we could shoot through a dirty window-- or perhaps a shower door? Since we seem to have agreed upon a cow with little disagreement, we could maybe use a Skin Milk type product as a trigger.

There were also a ton of great suggestions for effects. Personally, I plan to tackle the growth element using Thrandrall's idea about water sacks. I think I can find some sort of plastic and seal it with something like Flex-seal or another type of rubber weld. My plan is to cut the shapes out and strap them to my legs underneath tights and see what happens. I'll post results, though I may be picking up a second job soon so please be patient.

I think anyone who wants to help with this project could start by experimenting with another effect. One thing I think would work (know would work, actually, because I saw another TF fan try it) would be purchasing rubber elf ears or some other prosthetic. I think if we had three or four sets of different sizes, we can fill in the blanks with CGI. I will not have time to play with it, but if someone can prove it can be done, we are one step closer.

Same goes for fur. I've played with gloves and glueing different swatches to my skin, but find one that looks like hide has proven elusive, though I've only looked in person and not online. Again, this is where we can experiment and see what works and what doesn't.

Someone just posted a hairy werewolf video that was corny but had an interesting transition in the mirror that felt chaotic and right.

I also think something similar to this might be perfect:
https://youtu.be/MW4o5_tg7Ys

If anyone wants to start brainstorming a script, that's another project that I can undertake but it will take me awhile to get to it. Hooves, perhaps using Destier's model, would also be helpful. It's a lot of work, but not if everyone takes on a bit of it.

Interesting! Sound is definitely an important factor, though for most of the 'audio TF's that I've listened to, they tend to go kind of overboard with it. I think the audio should be just enough to suggest strong physical changes occurring, but nothing too extreme. Just my two cents.

When it comes to practical effects, I know that a common way for film-makers in the 80s to make cheap transformation-effects was to use some sort of inflatable padding underneath an actor's clothes, that could be pumped up with a small tube leading to it from behind the camera. It's simple but effective enough to make some pretty cool clothes-ripping effects if you ask me.

Sounds good?
Galyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2017   #31
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Quote:
The interesting thing about TF is that you don't need to have it look real. Certain things are really easy to imply. Sound effects are a huge trigger for most people, and I know that shadows are enough for me a lot of the time, enough that I bought a light just to play by myself. I liked whoever said we could shoot through a dirty window-- or perhaps a shower door? Since we seem to have agreed upon a cow with little disagreement, we could maybe use a Skin Milk type product as a trigger.

There were also a ton of great suggestions for effects. Personally, I plan to tackle the growth element using Thrandrall's idea about water sacks. I think I can find some sort of plastic and seal it with something like Flex-seal or another type of rubber weld. My plan is to cut the shapes out and strap them to my legs underneath tights and see what happens. I'll post results, though I may be picking up a second job soon so please be patient.

I think anyone who wants to help with this project could start by experimenting with another effect. One thing I think would work (know would work, actually, because I saw another TF fan try it) would be purchasing rubber elf ears or some other prosthetic. I think if we had three or four sets of different sizes, we can fill in the blanks with CGI. I will not have time to play with it, but if someone can prove it can be done, we are one step closer.

Same goes for fur. I've played with gloves and glueing different swatches to my skin, but find one that looks like hide has proven elusive, though I've only looked in person and not online. Again, this is where we can experiment and see what works and what doesn't.

Someone just posted a hairy werewolf video that was corny but had an interesting transition in the mirror that felt chaotic and right.

I also think something similar to this might be perfect:
https://youtu.be/MW4o5_tg7Ys

I'll dig up the pictures later, but something as simple as actual cow-hide/goat-hide (there is artificial stuff out there too) might be easiest. I have some good "cosplay" pics from DA of a cute girl doing a faun role (very good costume) - thinner fabric as opposed to being too shaggy.

EDIT...the one alternative is that "shaggy" also lets you hide some things convincingly....and if the setting allowed it - ie. some types of cows from Scotland (different types of horns, etc), etc - than it fits the theme.

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2017   #32
CantSaySeeSaw

-- my preference is a donkey, or horse, but the majority of people think a cow is a good compromise

-- definitely prefer material closer to skin, I just haven't gotten a chacne to really look

-- does anyone have links to behind the scenes clips that might give me a clue as to how I'd make an inflatable suit?
Unread 04-07-2017   #33
mysteryman29
Frequent Poster

I have to agree on the point that sticking with one person transforming is the way to go - no anthro cow-women. It's going to be tough enough making the effects believable for the main person being transformed; no need to deal with makeup effects for a second person.

I also feel like the emphasis should be completely on the victim and having a half-transformed person early on in the story takes away from that some.

With that said, I have to agree that personally I would love to see a donkey TF, but I do think a cow TF could have a lot of potential in terms of the noticeable changes that can be effectively executed.

Ultimately though, I think that the people who help fund this project should have the most voice on the details, with those that fund it the most carrying more weight. I just think that is fair. Personally, I would be willing to contribute a generous amount to this project if it can be done effectively.
mysteryman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2017   #34
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman29 View Post
I have to agree on the point that sticking with one person transforming is the way to go - no anthro cow-women. It's going to be tough enough making the effects believable for the main person being transformed; no need to deal with makeup effects for a second person.
Sorry, just to clarify: Are you against the idea of the main character transforming into an anthro cow-woman, or you just don't think another anthro cow-woman should be featured in the film? (For the record, I'm happy to go along with the second scenario, as it makes sense from a practical perspective.) Because I think it was kind of generally agreed that having the victim fully metamorphose into an ordinary cow wasn't in the cards.
Dr. Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2017   #35
Galyo
Process Fan

Please, PLEASE don't make it a TG TF.
Galyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2017   #36
mysteryman29
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Otto View Post
Sorry, just to clarify: Are you against the idea of the main character transforming into an anthro cow-woman, or you just don't think another anthro cow-woman should be featured in the film? (For the record, I'm happy to go along with the second scenario, as it makes sense from a practical perspective.) Because I think it was kind of generally agreed that having the victim fully metamorphose into an ordinary cow wasn't in the cards.
Oh sorry about the confusion of my last comment - yes, I meant that there shouldn't be a secondary anthro cow woman like in the Helen & Cassie sequence. I am perfectly fine with the main character becoming one since, I agree, it would be hard to do a full metamorphosis. I think it's best to keep it simple for now and just focus on one character.

Maybe down the road if this first clip can be successfully made, then we can talk about a two-character clip.
mysteryman29 is offline   Reply With Quote