free hit counters
Movie Brain Storm - Page 5 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-15-2017   #49
popperock
Frequent Poster

Re: Movie Brain Storm

I've got no filmmaking experience per se, I'm just a movie buff who had dreams once. I'd help out, but I couldn't be on set due to issues of, well, wanting to stay anonymous. Like John Wayne said when Mel Brooks wanted him to be in Blazing Saddles: "I can't be in it, but I'll be the first in line to see it."

Anyway, the best advice I can give is study your favorite films, watch for techniques you like (and read up/watch videos on how they pulled them off), and figure out cheap workarounds for otherwise expensive equipment. Say you want a nice panning shot, but can't afford a dolly or a steadicam. A wheelchair and a steady hand will work in a pinch. It's what Rodriquez did on El Mariachi.
Unread 04-16-2017   #50
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Re: Movie Brain Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSaySeeSaw View Post
Thrandrall, thank you! Popper too. I'll take a look at those and make notes. I assume since you're in this thread you want to help the thing get made. What do you guys want to contribute in particular? Do either of you have any film experience?

Also if you PM me your approximate location, that might be useful information too. I'm trying to think about where this can get done, and so far the East Coast of the US is looking like the best option.
I'm interested, but available investment is very limited at the moment (I do contribute to various crowdfunding periodically - current movies supported are "Iron Sky 2" and "The Dream Cycle" (Lovecraft adaptation).

Potential could open up more if more specifics/estimates are available up front. Time, etc is pretty limited though.

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote