free hit counters
Personality tf/mc, An obscure and quirky fetish - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-19-2012   #37
brandygang
Be me!

Re: Personality tf/mc, An obscure and quirky fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Pro View Post
Ah, here's where we differ. I like the assertion of it AGAINST the different persona or guise. The change should be uncharacteristic and against their will, but never a complete surrender or identity death. If it's ambiguous how much of the personality change is caused by external factors and how much is them adapting in ways they wish they wouldn't then all the better.
Hmm? Please explain this, I don't see where we differ.

I don't enjoy complete personality/Identity deaths either, would not enjoy a surrender or complete loss of the original self.

For me it's a kink if they re-assert their original identity shining through the new persona, or if they at least act contrary or individualistic towards it. But it's also them in asserting conflict with the mind-control taken over them, because obviously they have to still have thoughts and feelings and all sorts of things. The MC is vehicle for consciousnesses, not a person in itself. (Unless your just zombie-walking hypno, you should still have a mind of your own, abit an altered one)
It's a two way street for me. And it loses it's edge if you stray to far. On one side I don't want them to 'break out' of it completely and revert back. On the other I don't want them to 'give in' and become a robot of the stereotype/personality they represent without ability to act outside it. Because than they're predictable and no longer much of a character. And that's not (as) sexy.

For example most corruption works are very stereotypical, but for once I would actually like to see a work heavily dive into the mentality of the victim, be they evil or just altered and observe what kind of self truly shines within their caliber.

Like to demon idea I had. Another fantasy/story I had in mind was one where a stereotypical magical-girl/superhero/adventurer/heroin gets corrupted into evil, but is actually brought back/defeated by her former allies, but they cannot 'change her back', and the power of friendship does shit. And she feels all smug about it, being evil and whatnot, and they're like 'Well shit. Screw this.'

And than she's punished/tortured/thrown in the slammer. It's a reversal and deconstruction of where the stereo-typically corrupted heroin somehow becomes a mary-sue plot device once she's fallen, and that fits with 'loss of identity.'

And my kink is a reassertion of it. If she's in jail, she's going to try to escape. If her former friends can beat the shit out of her, she damn well better give up or put up a good fight. And so on.

And extending the prison idea, maybe there's other corrupted, or stereo-typically evil people there too, and she having to cope with what she's been through, turns to them or allies just to survive. Also maybe friendship blossoms, maybe it's just betrayal, but either way it's hot.

And maybe at sometime she's down on her villainy luck and thinks "Gee well being evil and shit isn't working out so well. This sucks." and seriously reconsider her motives and reasons for being who she has to be. Maaaaybe reasoning she's just letting her life suck right now due to hold on to a persona or magic that isn't really there, and than breakdown and cry and feel suckish about it. Maybe not knowing or understanding the MC either and still feeling suckish, and being at the mercy of it's control to ruin her life. (Perhaps it's the weird sadomasochism or humiliation aspect I like? It's just not as erotic if the victim isn't subtly aware that something is different/wrong.)

For most people the kink is done as soon as the change ends. But for me that always seems like a part of where it should begin or leave off. I enjoy a mc/transformation but it never seems to go anywhere with most people, and it comes off as really vapid. For a fetish fantasy that is, I guess. *Shugs*

Edit: Also The-Pro I think I'm really just overthinking this and we basically have the same fetish. Few different-view points but same jib, girls being personality rewritten basically right? (Without death/Surrender of their original self)

Last edited by brandygang; 08-19-2012 at 09:32 PM.
brandygang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012   #38
davidki
Leecher

I am not totally sure if this would fit here. There is a episode of Ranma 1/2 where he hits his head and changes his personality to female. Making it want to stay in his female form instead of go back to his male form. The episode is called "Ranma's declaration of womanhood"

davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012   #39
MysteryShadow
Frequent Poster

Got this one. Lilo and Stitch

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v9567135k2KW8gcG

Lilo is hypnotized into acting all stuck up.
MysteryShadow is offline   Reply With Quote