free hit counters
Expansion Fan Comics - official updates - Page 8 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-18-2014   #85
Xtrem
Process Ambassador

Re: Expansion Fan Comics - official updates

As far as The Cleavage Crusader is involved, I won't talk about art quality. I don't like the art style used, so it'll make me biased, like I prevously said. However, we can talk about the story. Without revealing anything about the content, I will say that the comic missed the parody target she is aiming at. It looks like a lallapalooza of expansions which is unfolding at a pace dictating the pace of the story, whereas I'm looking forward to a story dictating the pace of the inflations and expansions. The Cleavage Crusader would have been a one-shot or two chapters story, I would have understood. That isn't the case.
It's my opinion. I stated I didn't understand why. If you tell me it's a success, then congratulations to them. It didn't change my thoughts about it, but I'm relieved that at least, it is something some like.

Which website ? Banna Galactic. 6.50$ per month. Meaning that if you want to test one time, compared to your lowest option at 40$, then yes, it is way more interesting. In the long run, it does less bargains than you, but it still is cheaper.
Only bad point there was ? I was targetted by a prick at the beginning of the website so I bailed out. I've come back and for now, even if indeed, a lot of things I dislike are voted, at least, I can discuss the matter with the other members and I understand the global way of it. Peopl have totally the right to like things I don't like. However, there's a difference between being forced with it and going with the flow.
Constant quality : same artist for all.
Constant membership : we are the ones deciding what's going on the website.
Constant smile : the artist and administrator of the website have ALWAYS answered nicely to our questions. And even if some decisions made completely sicken me, things have been talked peacefully and I accept them.

What do I like ? Well, a good story first. The fetish is here to give the quirk. You do the reverse for most. The only fetishes I utterly dislike are futanari and muscle growth. Which means I'm pretty open-minded unlike you try to portray me.

You found I was rude with the artists ? I found you were rather rude yourself to me. I don't mind. I'm known for being tactless, straight to the point and reckless. However, the artists also know it's my strength : I'm not licking your boots, meaning when I say something is good, it's truth and I'm not trying to get something from you.

That's all there is to say, I guess. I'm known by fellow commissioners and fellow fetishists. Not as a reference, but a good deal of them take into account what I say. If you want to discuss further the matter, I'm OK bringing it to private level with private messages. Because following here will only bring more mud for both of us.

Last edited by Xtrem; 08-18-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Xtrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2014   #86
Valeyard Vince
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrem View Post
As far as you want to release free comics or give free images, I'll just say this : for comics, go for the older ones, like the first 4 or 5 ones you released. Plus, I do consider most of those as the top of the website, so I think people would enjoy them more.
Quote:
...I hate Inflated Ego, so seeing 2 add-ons is a huge turn-down.
The ironic thing is that many of those early titles you prefer appear to be among our least popular, whereas Inflated Ego and The Cleavage Crusader are among our top crowd pleasers (Inflated Ego in particular is our #1 most popular comic right now).

Quote:
For free images, no comment. I would have rather had a second comic free than see that.
Are you talking about the "10 free pin-ups" contest we've been holding on DeviantART, or just that we post any of the member requests on DA to begin with?

Quote:
You found I was rude with the artists ? I found you were rather rude yourself to me. I don't mind. I'm known for being tactless, straight to the point and reckless. However, the artists also know it's my strength : I'm not licking your boots, meaning when I say something is good, it's truth and I'm not trying to get something from you.
What I think happened is that Yubari felt you were being rude because all you said was that The Cleavage Crusader is a " failure," and then didn't offer any constructive criticism beyond that to help us address your concerns with the series. Your honest opinion is appreciated, but we generally prefer feedback with a bit more substance.

And while it is true that The Cleavage Crusader has gotten a fair share of praise (some even going as far as saying its the only comic they subscribe for), I'm always looking for ways to improve...

Quote:
Without revealing anything about the content, I will say that the comic missed the parody target she is aiming at. It looks like a lallapalooza of expansions which is unfolding at a pace dictating the pace of the story, whereas I'm looking forward to a story dictating the pace of the inflations and expansions. The Cleavage Crusader would have been a one-shot or two chapters story, I would have understood. That isn't the case.
...which is why I would appreciate it if you could clarify this statement, because I have no idea what you're saying here. For example, I looked up "lallapalooza" and got the definition "A person or thing that is remarkable, excellent, wonderful, superior, etc."

Quote:
Which website ? Banna Galactic. 6.50$ per month. Meaning that if you want to test one time, compared to your lowest option at 40$, then yes, it is way more interesting.
Finally, your recommendation for Banna Galactic makes me raise an eyebrow: sure, it's cheaper, but that's because it's ONE artist running the whole show, which means they can afford to be cheaper. Furthermore, it appears that certain images get archived and locked away from paying members unless you send an e-mail requesting the specific images, and even then you're given a limit on how many you can have access to.

Are you saying you'd prefer if every single one of our comics looked EXACTLY the same and we made it so that you could only access a small handful of our material at a time even if you're paying full price? That sounds awful!
Valeyard Vince is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2014   #87
Valeyard Vince
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Yubari View Post
Unrelated Note: That GIF is hilarious.
Valeyard Vince is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2014   #88
Xtrem
Process Ambassador

OK. ^^ If The Cleavage Crusader and Inflated Ego are #1 and some are buying the subscription only for that, then I have to bow down on that one. I also know how to recognize my tastes aren't shared by most. It doesn't mean I will recognize them as great, but it is important to please the larger part of the community even if quality is not there.

Yes, I'm talking about the 10 free pin ups. They are commissioned by the website which the members are paying for. I don't mind the ideas of the members being posted at all. I even find that nice publicity.

Lallapalooza has the meaning of a huge, hazardous, random event. I might have not used that term, considering I got the meaning from "Hajime no Ippo" only. Sorry for that.
For The Cleavage Crusader, I don't mind explaining precisely my point of view. However, I'll do it on private messages if you ask for it only. I don't want to spoil people who are looking forward to come for that comic. And it'll be a pretty long review, so it's gonna eat a lot of my time.

And here I'll land the final blow : YES, after seeing a lot of paysites, I DO CONSIDER BANNA GALACTIC TO HAVE THE BEST MANAGEMENT SO FAR.
Let me explain why before beating me to pulp.
I'd rather have 1 good artist, even if only 1, than have several artists and getting bad or medium quality 80% of the time. Sure, it's pretty subjective, but I like Jed Soriano's style. Meaning that, even if it's only him, I won't be disappointed. I'm pretty picky when it comes to styles. Very few of the ones on your website fit my tastes. Which means I keep my membership mostly for fetish and stories. And sometimes a badass artist pops and I'm really happy.
The lock system on Banna is great. First, it rewards the long-term members for their membership, which I appreciate a lot. Second, it prevents piracy on a large-scale. Third, it makes you want to check every day for what will pop out. I look at your website once every 3 weeks or 1 month. I like continuous activity over outbursts.
So yeah : I'd rather have cheaper membership, with lower access to your stuff the way it is on Banna. Websites like yours create no intimacy : are you a 1-time member or a long time member ? No big difference, except for the possibility to get a free pic. Websites like Banna create initmacy : you post your ideas, your feedbacks, you try you hand at making a comic, you pray for your idea to be picked by the dog then by the members.

Interaction is important. It sounds ridiculous, but "business with a smile" is the most important rule ever, even on the Internet.

[EDIT] Well, no communication, so I did what had to be done.

Last edited by Xtrem; 08-20-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Xtrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014   #89
J Yubari
Frequent Poster

We've got a new comic out today for you guys. Lin's Rounding features some body expansion and ass expansion, since people have been asking us to do a comic with those.

Unread 08-21-2014   #90
generallyawesome
Frequent Poster

Hi, I just recently downloaded Lin's Rounding and after reading it, I was left more confused than amused. There are a lot of contradictory moments within the comic which make no sense. For example at the end of page 4, Lin wonders where Chris (I assume her boyfriend because she refers to him as a He) purchased the spice. The next page depicts Lin purchasing the spice from a shop.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...n_Confused.jpg

There was another moment at the end of the comic (that I won't say due to spoilers) that again contradicts information from the start of the comic. I wonder if you have any explanation for this clear lack of communication between the writer and the artist?
generallyawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014   #91
spacemonkeys
Lurker

yeah i get what you mean but i think it was she inflated cos she and Chris both bought special herbs and when they mixed it reacted badly, maybe Chris is a transsexual or maybe its just lazy lazy writing
spacemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014   #92
generallyawesome
Frequent Poster

Until we can get a definitive answer from Expansion-Fan comics I'm going to go with the latter
Unread 08-21-2014   #93
dragon6860
Writer of Inflation

Hey guys! Writer here for Lin's Rounding, and perhaps I can answer some questions?
Unread 08-21-2014   #94
generallyawesome
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon6860 View Post
Hey guys! Writer here for Lin's Rounding, and perhaps I can answer some questions?
Hi there, thanks for showing up. I just want to start by saying that I did enjoy the comic as it did feature a wide variety of body expansions that are not featured very often. I hope I did not offend you with my initial review of the comic, its just that after I read it I felt that there were two plot holes in the final piece.

1) As mentioned in my first post, on page 4 (of my PDF, page 2 of the actual comic) Lin wonders where Chris purchased the special herb. The next page then shows Lin purchasing the special spice from the store. I would like to know what happened there.

2) Page 4 also has Lin refer to Chris using male terminology - Him/He. However when Chris arrives in page 15 He is quite clearly female. The question is was Chris always a woman or did he change due to the effects of the spice?

I think page 5 is the key to this mess of plot holes, say had it depicted a male Chris purchasing the spice from the store and returning later as a woman, the plot holes would have mostly been removed. Yes, it would still not explain how Chris became female, but the "to be continued" at the end would give partial closure in knowing that the answer may be in a second installment.

Thanks for reading my questions and I do hope you answer them. Again I would be very sorry if I offended you in an earlier post, writing for comics is not easy (I have attempted it myself in a number of commissions).

generallyawesome
Unread 08-21-2014   #95
dragon6860
Writer of Inflation

Oh no, and no worries at all! This was in fact my first comic script, and while I've written a lot of normal stories, this was the first time that I've tried to write a comic. Very tricky, as many of the descriptions and whatnot you have to streamline and figure out where the "breaks" are in the flow of the story.

As for the plotholes, I think this stems from miscommunication between myself and the artist. But I'll be sure to try and improve with my next story! I think you'll like it, I'm having a lot of fun making the world!
Unread 08-21-2014   #96
generallyawesome
Frequent Poster

I can accept that, It was my initial thought anyway. But just to be clear, Is Chris a man that got turned into a woman or was she always a woman?

As a fan of TG comics it would be a thing to look forward to in the next one

Tags
boobs, breast expansion, comic, illustration