free hit counters
KrustyTheSailor - Page 7 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-12-2013   #73
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

Re: KrustyTheSailor

Sure. Not sure much more detail I can give, short of showing you the script (which I won 't do). There's a bit of a story, some setup, and a little black humor at the end so I don't want to spoil it.

It's mostly an AWIL-style scene. Painful. Fear turning to rage at the end. Pacing will be similar to AWIL, with cut aways and close ups for some of the 'gags' (as Mr. Baker calls them). Some additional elements will include spine popping like in Being Human, bulging effects like in the Howling (especially around the face), multi breast stuff (both some growth and then reduction), more full body shots than in AWIL, but not like the horrible Serafine tf in AWIP. Overall I want it to be a little more atmospheric than AWIL, so it will probably lit a little darker, more like a night scene, and the action may be a little broader since it's animation instead of live action. Muzzle growth of course, the end result being close to a wolf, not a bipedal TeenWolf. A real beast.

The voice track that Missa has provided is amazing. If I can animate to her voice properly I think you'll like the results.

I may share some progress but don't get your hopes too high as I want to avoid spoiling it.

Any specific questions?

K
KrustyTheSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013   #74
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

I have a few questions, though you may not want to answer so as not to spoil it. I'm asking anyway, just in case:

1) What initiates the TF? Is it a full moon, anger (like The Hulk), a curse, etc., or does the woman trigger it herself? As evidenced by the Missa clip I funded, I prefer the woman triggering it, a la "The Howling" (hence, my username). This leads to my next question.

2) Does the woman already know she's a werewolf, or is it a surprise? Again, I prefer the woman to already know. It's sexier to me if she controls her own power and doesn't play the victim to a "curse," asking the typical, clichéd questions like, "What's going on?" or, "What's happening to me?" I apologize in advance if those lines were already included in your script and recorded by Missa herself.

3) Will there be sound effects? (flesh bubbling, clothes ripping, wolfy moans and howls...all that good stuff)

Thanks for any info.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013   #75
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

There will be sound effects.

As for the rest, I don't want to spoil it.
Unread 07-13-2013   #76
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
I have a few questions, though you may not want to answer so as not to spoil it. I'm asking anyway, just in case:

1) What initiates the TF? Is it a full moon, anger (like The Hulk), a curse, etc., or does the woman trigger it herself? As evidenced by the Missa clip I funded, I prefer the woman triggering it, a la "The Howling" (hence, my username). This leads to my next question.

2) Does the woman already know she's a werewolf, or is it a surprise? Again, I prefer the woman to already know. It's sexier to me if she controls her own power and doesn't play the victim to a "curse," asking the typical, clichéd questions like, "What's going on?" or, "What's happening to me?" I apologize in advance if those lines were already included in your script and recorded by Missa herself.

3) Will there be sound effects? (flesh bubbling, clothes ripping, wolfy moans and howls...all that good stuff)

Thanks for any info.
I'll make all this more difficult: I personally prefer cursed-werewolf type, with the pain and so on. For me, a "conscious werewolf" is like a hairy superhero, and a concept borderline to furries. I don't hate furries, but I really prefer a horror-themed scenario instead of all the crap we have been suffering during the last years on TV and cinemas. But this is a preference, and "beggars cannot be choosers". I mean, this work is "your kid", and I am sure that you will create some incredible, whatever direction it will take.
Good luck!
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013   #77
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Remember guys, script's already written and voiced so the way the TF is going to go down is likely already set and stating preferences is probably not too helpful. If you want to know what kind of werewolf it is, you can probably glean a good chunk of what you want to know from what Krusty has already responded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrustyTheSailor View Post
It's mostly an AWIL-style scene. Painful. Fear turning to rage at the end. Pacing will be similar to AWIL, with cut aways and close ups for some of the 'gags' (as Mr. Baker calls them). Some additional elements will include spine popping like in Being Human, bulging effects like in the Howling (especially around the face), multi breast stuff (both some growth and then reduction), more full body shots than in AWIL, but not like the horrible Serafine tf in AWIP. Overall I want it to be a little more atmospheric than AWIL, so it will probably lit a little darker, more like a night scene, and the action may be a little broader since it's animation instead of live action. Muzzle growth of course, the end result being close to a wolf, not a bipedal TeenWolf. A real beast.
Judging by this quote (and correct me if I'm wrong, Krusty) it seems as though this transformation will be of the painful and unwilling variety into the monstrous sort of werewolf. Sounds good to me. Something of the same sort as AWIL's change on a female is, as another said, the holy grail for many around here. Either way, looking at Krusty's previous works, who has cause to doubt that the end result will be amazing?

In response to you Krusty, I have lots of questions but I'm doing my best to respect you not wanting to spoil it. Can you share what the woman will look like? Are there any other details you'd like to tease us with? How long does it take you to do a normal still render, just for some perspective on the effort going in to this? What portion of the video do you anticipate will be devoted to setup and story? I do love a good backstory to a TF. I'll try to think of more that doesn't ask for spoilers, as a rabid fan of yours and a huge supporter of this project. Besides that, I can only patiently hope for progress reports to not be too spoilery to show.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013   #78
Cactus Jack
Fan of the Art of Process

What does the girl look like, is she the blonde living room werewolf, the on in the hallway or the one on the plane? Or something original? I'd love to get a glimpse at what she looks like before the change.
Unread 07-13-2013   #79
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

Lot's of good questions.

I'll split answers into technical and non-technical categories. If you don't care about the tech, skip this section.

Tech:
The clip will be somewhere between 4.5 to 5 minutes long, at 25 fps, this comes out to 6750 to 7500 frames. Frames take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour to render (I am looking at speeding this up) and I'll have anywhere from 1 to 4 machines working on this per day. This gives me a minimum render time of 17.6 days to 312 days. A huge variance, I know. I expect realistically 3-6 months to render.

I expect animation to take about 6 months as well. Throw in a month for putting it all together and we're looking at a year.

I'm using PoserPro 2012 for animation and rendering. I'm going to try Octane to see if it gets render times down, but I haven't confirmed that it can do what I want yet, especially dynamic hair. Does anyone have experience here?

I'm using ZBrush to do large morphs and custom modelling.

Right now the lead voice track is recorded, and I've got some good responses for the 2 supporting roles.

I am now starting on rough animation based on the script, voice work, and storyboards. I estimate a month to do the rough animation. After that I may go back to the cast and get pick ups for any new stuff.

In the meantime I am still doing character and production design.

Maybe I'll make these things available after the project is done so people can see my process.

Non-tech:
Yes, to confirm, this is a "curse" type. Is this the first time she has transformed? I won't answer that, as that would be a spoiler.

I haven't decided what she will look like. Blonde, brunette, or raven, I haven't decided yet. Doesn't matter for rough animation.

She will be a new character, as re-using the same character gets boring, and this is a new project.

I will say that she should be a typical 50s housewife, so not a supermodel, but not ugly.

I wouldn't mind getting opinions on what people prefer.
Unread 07-13-2013   #80
Cactus Jack

I'm very impressed.
Unread 07-13-2013   #81
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

Oh yeah, forgot to describe the general flow. Right now it's 30-60 seconds of lead up to the transformation, which will be 1.5 to 2.5 minutes, followed by 1 - 1.5 minute of credits.
Unread 07-13-2013   #82
Cactus Jack

How long will the credits take to render?
Unread 07-13-2013   #83
kwolf
Process Fan

All I gotta say is best of luck to you Krusty. Your work so far has been absolutely spectacular, I can't wait to see more of it. Just the idea of getting an animated work of yours, well I can't measure the hype.
kwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013   #84
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

Credits render relatively fast, about 5mins per frame. Not all the credits will be rendered, so will just be 2D.