free hit counters
KrustyTheSailor - Page 5 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-29-2013   #49
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

Re: KrustyTheSailor

Yeah, I don't think I'll be up to that one.
KrustyTheSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013   #50
blaidd
Process Fan

swingandamiss
blaidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013   #51
Skalla-Grimm
Grrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrustyTheSailor View Post
Thanks to everyone who responded.

I'm surprised at the popularity the idea of a ginger wolf, and the poor support for the blonde. Unfortunately, I've had issues with Danae's textures around the seams, otherwise they look great.

I think for the first outing I will stick with dark hair, for the reasons stated earlier in the post.
Seams are indeed the specific problem I saw when I tried Dublin on Genesis. Looks like I'll have to do something with her myself.

As for the blonde fur, it reminds me too much of Stirba in The Howling II.

Now on DeviantArt
Skalla-Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013   #52
Rei-Lin
Process Master

And what was wrong with Stirba in The Howling II? She was very pretty, and her fur looked so soft and stuffs, I wouldn't have kicked her out of my bed for eating cheetos! Or raw meat, etc!
Unread 04-30-2013   #53
Skalla-Grimm
Grrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Lin View Post
And what was wrong with Stirba in The Howling II? She was very pretty, and her fur looked so soft and stuffs, I wouldn't have kicked her out of my bed for eating cheetos! Or raw meat, etc!
For starters, she was a character in the film The Howling II...

Now on DeviantArt
Skalla-Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013   #54
irishshane
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalla-Grimm View Post
For starters, she was a character in the film The Howling II...

Ha...nice line
irishshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013   #55
Rei-Lin
Process Master

Bah, there's so many bad movies with hot girls, but so few bad movies with hot WEREWOLF GIRLS! Sure we only got to see her human fuzzy self, but she was a damn good looking human fuzzy self. And who the hell watched The Howling II for anything but her in the first place? Anybody? Annnybody? *hears echoes* Thought so! ^_^
Unread 05-01-2013   #56
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Lin View Post
Bah, there's so many bad movies with hot girls, but so few bad movies with hot WEREWOLF GIRLS! Sure we only got to see her human fuzzy self, but she was a damn good looking human fuzzy self. And who the hell watched The Howling II for anything but her in the first place? Anybody? Annnybody? *hears echoes* Thought so! ^_^
You're right, but if you want to defend the "blonde solution" with Howling II, I'll defend the "brunette solution" with The Howling I. Simply because:
-The Howling I was much better than II (for me, the second or third best werewolf movie of all).
-Marsha Quist (actress Elizabeth Brooks) was, to the date, the hottest female werewolf. And her acting was with no doubt better than Sybil Danning's (yes, she was beautiful, but an horrible actress) .

Well, there is not really a problem with all this, but as I said, there seems to be some visual problems with blonde fur. For me, it looks a bit unrealistic, especially because of the lack of contrast with the skin and the backgrounds.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013   #57
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

I've gotta mention the blonde fur that I've been playing with is monochrome so far, but that's because I've been concentrating more on hair placement than color. I'm just about to start experimenting with textures on the hair so that it has lighter and darker patches, so you should get more realism.
Unread 05-01-2013   #58
Rei-Lin
Process Master

Oh hai! Well I'm not really for or against blonde fur or hair or whatever, as I'd rather have a great looking female werewolf transformation than a female werewolf transformation that looks really screwed up due to the limitations of the 3D program making the fur look dumb. My favorite fur color is actually white as my OC Isa turns into a werewolf with pure white (to the point when she's using her powers, she glows white) fur, but her normal human hair color is black. So anything really works for me since I'm just glad somebody like Krusty is doing such a great thing for us all anyway with producing this type of quality work. If he ends up producing this kind of quality animation he'll be sitting up there on the pedestal with some of the other great CG artists of our community: Gryf, Mako, GenYun, Skalla, Daniel-San, and all the others whose names I could have missed!

I want to throw money at him so bad too, just to show him how much he deserves it. ^_^
Unread 05-01-2013   #59
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

I would love to accept said moneys, but real-world stuff severely limits my ability to crank out product, so I must decline (at least publicly, for now).

Last edited by KrustyTheSailor; 05-01-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Unread 05-01-2013   #60
Rei-Lin
Process Master

Nah I'd donate to you just to keep your interest in the ideas and in doing animations, not because I'd be sitting here awaiting some two hour CG transformation scene. Art and animation is a pain in the ass, which is why most people don't do very much with them. Sure Gryf can pump out a dolphin transformation in three weeks, but he doesn't do them that often and I'm sure he has his reasons, one of which has to be because it's a pain in the ass!

So don't think of getting donations has to equal a big payoff. I don't give money expecting to see some big thing created just for me, unless that was an agreement between me and the artist, like a commission. However, I have little problem giving great artists a little money to help them in not feeling like what they're doing IS such a pain in the ass without any real reward outside of the "thanks, looks awesome, etc" that will come naturally from displaying good work.

I see donations to great artists and filmmakers as incentive for continuing to improve and continuing to enjoy the work they do and knowing there's more in it than just the joy, sometimes there's also a little green!