free hit counters
New Smash Bros! - Page 12 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-21-2014   #133
tghawk555
New look! Whatcha think?

Re: New Smash Bros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
I do hope we can reconfigure the controls in the full version, because having two buttons and Up to jump feels like a waste. The grab and block buttons could have easily been on the face buttons.

Although, summoning that cactus rocket-thing and then hopping on it is super cute.
I believe the people with a Japanese copy of the game have confirmed that controls can be confirmed. Also, the cactus-thing is a gyroid! The More You Know~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Echo View Post
No Mewtwo return, no Ridley, no K. Rool, no Dixie. And Dark Pit and Ganondorf still being Fat Falcon were both pure garbage.

New Smash is good.
It was disappointing to find out that Mewtwo hadn't made it back into the game, but that's how things are, I guess. ...How would you feel about Hades being in the game as a second Falcon clone?

New Smash IS good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
There is also the risk to the circle pad, which I was worried about even before the pics started going online of people having already destroyed their 3DSes while playing Smash right after launch. A big part of me feels that the 3DS version shouldn't even exist, and if it didn't we'd already have the console version by now.
In the defense of the circle pad, people had even broken their pads before Smash on simple games like Animal Crossing, so I don't think there's as much to worry about as you might think. That is, unless you absolutely wrecked your Gamecube controller's joystick playing Smash, in which case... Maybe get the extended warranty.

As for if we'd have the Wii U version by now if the 3DS version didn't exist... Debatable. I know that they're keeping the focus on the 3DS version since it's coming out right now, and they'll probably move their focus to the Wii U version after the 3DS version comes to the west. But something tells me that you'd still be waiting until the holiday season of this year for the Wii U version even without the 3DS version's existence. But that's just my two cents. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
Tilts? You'll have to forgive me, as I am a newbie for when it comes to the terminology.
As was previously stated, I believe the difference between a tilt and a smash attack is timing/pressure. If I am moving to the left and press the attack button, I'll perform a left tilt attack. If I'm standing still and press left and the attack button at the same time, I'll perform a side smash attack. I think that's how it works in Smash.

Now, time for me to weigh in on the demo! I really like it! I was hoping to play it last week with a demo code, but patience is a virtue! Everyone controls really well, and sometimes you forget that you're playing on a handheld system. The music is great, the menus are great, the graphics are great, and the controls are surprisingly easy to pick up! It's just like when I was playing the Smash Run demo at the Best Buy event a few months back (only I can't play as Pit in this demo, hehe). The biggest downsides are the lack of online gameplay and the lack of playable characters, both of which are understandable seeing as it's just a demo. Now all that's left is to wait until the full game comes out! (Gotta find some more Miis to make them fight each other!)

Teehee! Like what you see, boys?

There need to be more werewoman TG sequences!!

A TG sequence is not a TG sequence without process and a clothes change!

Bimbos Aren't Sluts! 181 supporters and counting!

Official bet between me and OhZone (Result to be determined on November 4, 2020)

Check out my dA: TGHawk's Lounge
tghawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2014   #134
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghawk555 View Post
As was previously stated, I believe the difference between a tilt and a smash attack is timing/pressure. If I am moving to the left and press the attack button, I'll perform a left tilt attack. If I'm standing still and press left and the attack button at the same time, I'll perform a side smash attack. I think that's how it works in Smash.
I understand now. I was under the impression that they were one in the same. And I was also mistaken in referring to the Special attack as the Smash attack.
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014   #135
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghawk555 View Post
It was disappointing to find out that Mewtwo hadn't made it back into the game, but that's how things are, I guess. ...How would you feel about Hades being in the game as a second Falcon clone?
Are we talking in place of Dark Pit? Eh... better for being a character that actually matters, worse for being a second clone of the same guy, even worserer for the implication that it doesn't free up Ganondorf from being a clone.

My ideal situation would've been a Medusa clone of Palutena, if we had to have the third clone be KI still.

Me on DeviantART. I upload my stuff over there. Pretty much dead though.
Chaos Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2014   #136
Unbarred Sin
Stupid computer problems

1 more week! Ahhhhhh
Unbarred Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2014   #137
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbarred Sin View Post
1 more week! Ahhhhhh
Unread 09-29-2014   #138
Keile
OMG OMG OMG I'M IN SPACE!

4 more days...
4 more days until I can play other characters than these 4 in the demo.
4 more days.....

(Even though Link is playable in this Demo..and he IS my favorite character in Smash. And ZOMG I love his new leap attack. My god that ability is a KO-ing beast!)
Unread 09-30-2014   #139
Unbarred Sin
Stupid computer problems

Someone posted this picture of Lucina
http://i.imgur.com/OjtXiDA.jpg

... so I fixed it
http://i.imgur.com/4cGRWIM.png
Unbarred Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2014   #140
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbarred sin View Post
someone posted this picture of lucina
http://i.imgur.com/ojtxida.jpg

... So i fixed it
http://i.imgur.com/4cgrwim.png
She absorbed them! O.O
Unread 10-01-2014   #141
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbarred Sin View Post
Someone posted this picture of Lucina
http://i.imgur.com/OjtXiDA.jpg

... so I fixed it
http://i.imgur.com/4cGRWIM.png
Oh, yeah. I saw that topic. Along with various increasingly ridiculous edits you made. >___>

Me on DeviantART. I upload my stuff over there. Pretty much dead though.
Chaos Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2014   #142
Keile
OMG OMG OMG I'M IN SPACE!

So after playing the game...pretty much all yesterday....I have come to a conclusion.

At difficulties higher than 7 the CPU reads inputs. I never had this issue with past Smash Bros games, but in this one their reaction time is...too exact. It can actually react the very instant you do something.

This becomes VERY evident if you do a 4 man FFA and set them all to level 7+. There's usually one of them that is harder than the others, and seems to be able to dodge EVERYTHING you do.

Overall I feel that the CPU in this Smash is a lot harder than the previous incarnations. But many people hate when the CPU in a fighter uses input reading (Street Fighter did this, but only for certain fights....like Gil in SF3. My god...Gil was a pain in the ass. Input reading, which they confirmed he did, and ability to just resurrect when you beat him...) to not just predict but KNOW your actions the very instant you do them.

Anyway, anyone feel like trading 3DS friend codes? Would be fun to fight non-randoms.

Last edited by Keile; 10-04-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Keile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2014   #143
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

I was on the fence about getting the 3DS version, but of course I caved and downloaded it literally the second it became available. I've already unlocked all the secret characters just by doing 120 smash matches. Online play has been pretty laggy for me, though I've only tried it a few times. I probably won't play this version too much, but once the Wii U version hits that's probably all I'll be doing for a while. I also have to say that playing this on the handheld though while it took some getting used to, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2014   #144
JBird
Casual Artist

Due to a minor work-related injury (smashed finger) and some dental work needing to be paid off, I am unable to go out and buy Smash Bros. T-T