free hit counters
New Smash Bros! - Page 14 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-08-2014   #157
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Re: New Smash Bros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keile View Post
And Ridley is TOO BIG OF A CHARACTER to be in the game. He would have to be drastically re-designed otherwise it would be like having Giga Boweser on the stage at all times. I want more Metroid representation but Ridley is a bit of a stretch.
Oh come on don't do that I see enough of that on GameFAQs.

Me on DeviantART. I upload my stuff over there. Pretty much dead though.
Chaos Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2014   #158
Keile
OMG OMG OMG I'M IN SPACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccermom View Post
You were WROOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGG Sodacat!!!!! It makes me very sad.

And I neglected to mention my love for the Ice Climbers, who also got cut.

Ice Climbers got cut because of 3DS limitations. They WERE in the game, and were only cut at the last minute because Sakurai wanted both the WiiU and 3DS to share the same roster.

There's a glitch to even get the crowd to cheer their name:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Echo View Post
Oh come on don't do that I see enough of that on GameFAQs.
Sorry, but it makes too much sense for him not to be playable. I really don't get the demand for it, and I'm a huge Metroid fan (it's my favorite Nintendo series). He should be in the game, but not in a playable sense. I mean...if they make him playable then I would demand Kraid.
Unread 10-08-2014   #159
zullumaster
Process Disciple

Can we just demand more Metroid games?
Duck Hunt seems to fill that nostalgia factor similar to Mr. Game and Watch and ROB.
Dark Pit I haven't unlocked yet, but he and Dr. Mario probably should just be alternate costumes.
You could probably manage Ridley, He may be way too similar to Charizard however and could have been left out too. Also, the size thing.
Shulk I don't really get how to use.
zullumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2014   #160
Keile
OMG OMG OMG I'M IN SPACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zullumaster View Post
Can we just demand more Metroid games?
Duck Hunt seems to fill that nostalgia factor similar to Mr. Game and Watch and ROB.
Dark Pit I haven't unlocked yet, but he and Dr. Mario probably should just be alternate costumes.
You could probably manage Ridley, He may be way too similar to Charizard however and could have been left out too. Also, the size thing.
Shulk I don't really get how to use.

More Metroid games, you say? There are supposedly 2 already in development. A 3D Prime-style one for the WiiU and a 2D one for the 3DS (Which I hope is 3D graphics, but on a 2D field like New Super Mario Bros is). Though this is all that is known about them at this time.
Unread 10-08-2014   #161
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Ice Climbers got cut because of 3DS limitations. They WERE in the game, and were only cut at the last minute because Sakurai wanted both the WiiU and 3DS to share the same roster.

There's a glitch to even get the crowd to cheer their name:

Was it something like the 3DS couldn't handle it if all four players picked the Ice Climbers? No way that thing could process 8 characters at once, that it? If that's it then I'm not sure why Rosalina gets to be in the game, she's got that little star buddy which sort of makes her a tag team like they were as well. Well I suppose the star does have a simpler model... but it's still bullshit they were cut.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2014   #162
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Was it something like the 3DS couldn't handle it if all four players picked the Ice Climbers? No way that thing could process 8 characters at once, that it? If that's it then I'm not sure why Rosalina gets to be in the game, she's got that little star buddy which sort of makes her a tag team like they were as well. Well I suppose the star does have a simpler model... but it's still bullshit they were cut.
Actually, it's also partly because, according to Sakurai, they haven't had a game since the NES, and were unlikely to do anything meaningful ever again outside Smash. So that factored into his decision.

Also Nana has her own AI. The Luma doesn't.

Unread 10-09-2014   #163
Unbarred Sin
Stupid computer problems

Some hidden announcer clips. That 8-player smash might have something to do with Ice Climbers being cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTaS492JXgg
Unbarred Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2014   #164
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

...bah. I am just not in the mood to play this at all. I'm too busy being hyped for/playing Hyrule Warriors.

Unread 10-13-2014   #165
TB Tabby
Process Disciple

Quote:
And Ridley is TOO BIG OF A CHARACTER to be in the game. He would have to be drastically re-designed otherwise it would be like having Giga Boweser on the stage at all times.
If Ridley is too big, Olimar is too small. They scaled him up, why can't they scale Ridley down?
Unread 10-13-2014   #166
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Tabby View Post
If Ridley is too big, Olimar is too small. They scaled him up, why can't they scale Ridley down?
And, to pre-empt a potential counterpoint about scaling up and down being different, or Olimar having no frame of reference compared to anyone else making it okay, I present this: http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9...nbjko1_400.jpg

Unread 10-14-2014   #167
chriskim019
Observer / Preserver

Can somebody introduce me what kind of character Ridley really is? I don't quite understand why people want him in so much despite the fact we already have a playable dragon character, which is Charizard, in the game. On the outside, he just looks like one of those one-time dragon bosses that appear in fantasy games and that seems it. Does he actually have a personality and play a significant role in the Metroid universe or something? I tried reading his wiki and still don't get it. I am not saying he shouldn't be playable and don't mean to offend anyone. I am just curious about the character.

http://chriskim8365.deviantart.com/favourites/

Don't regret about anything you commit in life, for I believe everything is worthwhile^^

Last edited by chriskim019; 10-14-2014 at 09:01 PM.
chriskim019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2014   #168
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

Quote:
More Metroid games, you say? There are supposedly 2 already in development. A 3D Prime-style one for the WiiU and a 2D one for the 3DS (Which I hope is 3D graphics, but on a 2D field like New Super Mario Bros is). Though this is all that is known about them at this time.
There has literally been Metroid games in development every year for the past 20 years. More of them have been cancelled than released.

Ridley's deal is that he killed Samus' parents and he's big bad of the Space Pirates.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote