free hit counters
Legacy of a Classic? - The Fandom of Dr. J and Ms. H - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-29-2013   #1
Alchemical Night
Watcher

Question Legacy of a Classic? - The Fandom of Dr. J and Ms. H

Hi there,

Before I start in explanation of the somewhat oblique title, I will say, in hope of precluding a roll of the eyes, frustration or worse, that this post does involve the appearance again of a personal subject of interest - that being the TG and community classic of "Dr. Jekyll & Ms. Hyde".

Though some will certainly attest that this is perhaps too familiar territory with me, I hope that the subject I raise will stir curiosity amongst some of those here .

The subject considered here is not perhaps the movie itself, but rather its indelible impact upon the community here on the Process; particularly with those so interested in gender and likewise related process. Though this movie is certainly a classic in our own respect, it has occurred to me that even if the theme of gender bending J and H, or exploring gender transformation more generally is quite popular, the continuity seen in this movie has not been more widely taken forward in debate.

For example, have we ever, perhaps whimsically, considered a sequel and what it would be like with a more contemporary Dr. Richard Jacks and Ms. Helen Hyde, or maybe with a new character taking the formula on this occasion to remarkable effect? Perhaps penning a sequel might be a interesting subject - as I will confess to have mused upon last year, myself.

In all, I would be intrigued to hear the forum and community's perspective on the fandom, as it is, of the classic movie and if it has ever been more or less active to some creative end.

Thanks,

Alchemical Night.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote