free hit counters
much loved tf kid shows you enjoy growing up - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-07-2017   #37
Monstermaster13
Process Fan

Re: much loved tf kid shows you enjoy growing up

Not so much as a 'kid' but during my first exposure to TF as a whole, it would have to be Doctor Jekyll and Harriet Hyde on CBBC. But there are a couple of others I remember, I remember Grizzly Tales For Gruesome Kids having a few tfs as punishments for the kids that did bad deeds.
Monstermaster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2017   #38
Mazoku
Process Master

Spiderman and His Amazing Friends, episode "Swarm"; Firestar was turned into an insectoid.

He Man and the Masters of the Universe, "To Save Skeletor"; Sorceress was turned into a harpy-like monster by a 2nd-rate lovecraftian demon-god.

Spiderwoman, "Dracula's Revenge"; Spiderwoman was turned into Spidervampirewerewolfwoman by the monster's funky monster rays, sadly she just missed out on getting a dose of rays from Frankenstein's monster and becoming a hybrid of the unholy trinity.

Incredible Hulk, "Doomed"; Bruce Banner's cousin had a memorable first transformation into She Hulk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTr3gClwArQ

Last edited by Mazoku; 09-08-2017 at 04:51 AM.
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2017   #39
Werewolf1361
Frequent Poster

I loved Sonic the Hedgehog as a lot and one thing I remember was the robotacizer.
Werewolf1361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2017   #40
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

I may as well share my “origin story” here. When I was a kid in the early ‘80s (now you know how old I am!), I was fascinated with the old “Incredible Hulk” T.V. show and cartoons (and later “She-Hulk” cartoons), especially the TFs. I remember begging my Mom to buy me a caged Hulk toy where you pump him up with a mini-pump they provided, and he rips out of his white, Velcro shirt and breaks the cage open. When I finally got it, I was devastated that the Hulk toy didn’t first look like Bruce Banner; it was just Hulk in a white shirt. I asked my Mom why he didn’t have a face (or body) that first looked like Bruce Banner that then changed into the Hulk, and she tried to explain to me how the transformations on T.V. would basically be impossible to replicate with a plastic/rubber toy. I was crushed and pouted, and I still feel bad about causing such a tantrum today. Flash-forward a few years, and the infamous bomb “Manimal” was on T.V. I’ve mentioned this before: say what you will about that show and its crappy writing and plots, but the TFs were decent, especially for a cheap T.V. series in the mid-‘80s. (Hey, the effects were created by Stan Winston, who went on to do “Predator,” “Monster Squad,” and “Jurassic Park,” among many others.) The TFs had clothes ripping; fang, fur, and claw growth; and, best of all (at least for me), bubbling skin. When I first watched the show with my brother, I had no idea what it was about, so when the main character first started changing, I was very confused but also intrigued. I annoyed my brother with all these questions since he just wanted to watch it in peace. “Why’s he changing? How do they do that??” I remember getting a strange, new feeling that I now understand as arousal, but I couldn’t put it into words. All I knew is that it felt good and I was a little embarrassed by it. I could tell my brother didn’t share my feelings. Sure, he thought the TFs were “cool,” but not in a sexual way. (Again, I didn’t realize my feelings were sexual until years later.) From then on, I became sort of obsessed (and still kinda am) with finding other T.V. shows, movies, and comics that featured TF as a theme. I remember thinking that I couldn’t be the only one in the world who was absolutely fascinated with watching people change into creatures, especially wild animals like jungle cats and werewolves. Then I finally got around to seeing “The Howling” on T.V. at age 13, and the rest is history. At that point, I began my fruitless search to find a similar TF involving a woman, but to my chagrin (and no one’s surprise reading this), I discovered it didn’t exist…yet. Even after 36 years since the original “Howling” and “AWIL,” Hollywood still hasn’t gotten around to making a full-body female werewolf TF with practical effects. Well, “Betsy” was a bust, so let’s hope for redemption with “Bonehill Road.”
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2017   #41
Quantum Heart
froppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
We had animorphs over here it was kinda pants, guess the books not much better.
The books were scads better than the tv show actually. although the tf content was usually focused very strongly on the grotesque and disgusting facets of transforming into animals, so not really something I got off to. Anyway everybody already mentioned most of what I was going to recommend (TMNT, Gargoyles, etc).

...kero

Last edited by Quantum Heart; 09-08-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Quantum Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2017   #42
palindrome64
Lurker

There have been lots of transformations over the years, but the oldest one that really sticks out to me as "transformation" driven is one most of you probably won't recognize. There was a short lived Comic Strip cartoon Tiger Sharks in the US. It's way too "poof" by standards now, but I think it may be the catalyst point for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TigerSharks
https://youtu.be/7vKtlvPINSo

There are others that had single event transformations, such as the Elisa in Gargoyles a few years later that shifted it from interest to fascination but this was the first one that really clicked. (I discount the more tame transformations of He-man and She-ra, not to mention the transformers / gobots.)

Last edited by palindrome64; 09-08-2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Fixing bad link.
palindrome64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2017   #43
Ilovebe
Frequent Poster

Let's not forget Captain Planet and the Skumm Lord episode, where we get to see three decent female TFs (including two of the main characters):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27llyk
Ilovebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2017   #44
Xanderfox
Process Master

I remember TF content from several cartoons.
G I Joe had one where Cobra was makeing human/animal hybirds, though the transformation reversed when the subject ate real food as opposed to the synthetic stuff they where being fed. Sandly no females transformed.
Similarly in the GI Joe movie we had Cobra commander turned into a giant snake.

Inhumanoids has some transformation. The Villian D-Compose turned living things undead when he touched them. Memorable was when he touched a woman and she became a giant skeleton monster. The transformations got reversed by sunlight. The show also had a episode where one of the villains brought the statue of Liberty to life, kidnapped and married it only to become a henpecked husband.

Real GhostBusters had tf aplenty mostly ghosts become more demonic looking.
But there was one called "No one Comes to Lupusville" where the boys are hired by a vampire to destroy other vampires over a conflict on occupying a isolated town. They free the townsfolk and well.. yea they where werewolves, so we had dozens of werewolf TFs follow by "Werepire" Transformations when the monsters fought.

I also recall an episode which involved the GB's secretary Jenne being tricked by a demoness into making wishes to become more attractive(it was a move to cover their asses when they swapped voice actors and character designs) the demon having the goal of turning her into one of itself.

The episode "The Grundel" featured an creature called the Grundel who seduced children into running away with a Peter Pan act. The catch, the kids became Grundels too. The kids reverted upon his capture. The 90's follow up series Extreme Ghostbusters revisited the Grundel when it was sighted despite being already captured, turned out it was a past victim the Grundel left in a kind of stasis to free him later. Grundel tricked one of the new GB, whom he had targeted as a child, into releasing him, as the new Grundel was her missing childhood friend.

XGB had a episode where Jenne was kidnapped by a Insect Demon who wanted to turn her into his Queen. The transformation was physicaly complete but got reversed in the end upon the demon's defeat.
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2017   #45
Mazoku
Process Master

I never really saw, and don't know of any shows where tf is a really major component, though most shows have one or two tf episodes.

Superfriends had a fairly strong tf flavor seeming to hark back to golden age comics tf craziness.

Totally Spies gave a strong impression too, though a lot of the time it was more mind control and mental changes.

Sailor Moon at times had a lot of tfs in their monsters of the week, and there's the stand out of Chibiusa transformed to Black Lady.

Last edited by Mazoku; 09-09-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2017   #46
Monstermaster13
Process Fan

This may be a controversial pick but...the Saban adaptation of Kamen Rider or 'Masked Rider' as it was called, I remember there was an episode where the father and one of Dex's siblings got turned into 'Maggots' (well half-insect anyway).
Monstermaster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2017   #47
Jake
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Ha! I didn't imagine it. The female dino was turned human in one episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8nYpD3xzrs
The video is gone what ep was it?
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2017   #48
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
The video is gone what ep was it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo1fYO6lzbI

I think the video cuts off before the actual end of the episode here but you still get to see her turn human. It's done in a big glowy 80s energy ray effect though so no real process.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote