free hit counters
Girl AP in the New Cutey Honey series - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > AP/AR

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-09-2013   #1
chriskim019
Observer / Preserver

Girl AP in the New Cutey Honey series

In the New Cutey Honey series by Go Nagai, one of the main antagonists is a red-haired girl named Black Maiden. Throughout the story, she is revealed to be a new vessel for Cutey Honey's archenemy, Panther Zora. In episode 4, Panther Zora wakes within Black Maiden, absorbs evil energies from another antagonist, and grows her childish body to that of an adult.

Episode 4 (20:09-21:25)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrh...e-4_shortfilms

The transformation is also shown shortly in the second opening. 0:26-0:29

The pictures in the attachment are before and after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black_maiden01.jpg (10.7 KB, 411 views)
File Type: jpg Black_maiden2.jpg (58.8 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg Black_maiden.jpg (36.7 KB, 512 views)

Last edited by chriskim019; 09-09-2013 at 07:58 PM.
chriskim019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013   #2
Snotling
Frequent Poster

Re: Girl AP in the New Cutey Honey series

Honey...
Created by Go Nagai, THE greatest manga/anime writer of all times (just check his resume if you don't believe me.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619076/filmoyear

In Honey, he invented Flash-suits. A concept that would become central to all super powered rangers to come later and also penetrated the western comics.

In Getter Robo, he created the first multi-pilot war machine and improved on the "transformer" robot that was back then only but a spark

In UFO Robo Grendizer he... well he sort of introduced the first closeted gay male lead hero in japanime. He only needs to admit it once and for all... Duke fleed was gay, Maybe today grown men having flashbacks with flower petals on a pink backdrop is not a tell tale sign of their sexual orientation, but in 1975 Japan, that's as gay as you could be on TV. Also, he'd get all worked up and cry over any thing that would happen to his "friend" Kabuto Kouji... but when a female love interest is hinted at (Maria) He'd be cold and passive about it and if anything was to happen to her, he'd give his best to save her but never a tear or a moment of rage was shed on her account. Even Alien female love interests were refered to as "childhood friends promised to marry him until they die pretty much 18 minutes later. Without so much as a pink flowery flashback.

I rest my case.

If you couldn't tell before, Go Nagai's body of work has influenced many of my own stories and references to Cutey Honey can be found in "Poser Brother" and "Starship Bloopers" and also in some "Funky Spice" issues.
Snotling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013   #3
chriskim019
Observer / Preserver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotling View Post
Honey...
Created by Go Nagai, THE greatest manga/anime writer of all times (just check his resume if you don't believe me.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619076/filmoyear

In Honey, he invented Flash-suits. A concept that would become central to all super powered rangers to come later and also penetrated the western comics.

In Getter Robo, he created the first multi-pilot war machine and improved on the "transformer" robot that was back then only but a spark

In UFO Robo Grendizer he... well he sort of introduced the first closeted gay male lead hero in japanime. He only needs to admit it once and for all... Duke fleed was gay, Maybe today grown men having flashbacks with flower petals on a pink backdrop is not a tell tale sign of their sexual orientation, but in 1975 Japan, that's as gay as you could be on TV. Also, he'd get all worked up and cry over any thing that would happen to his "friend" Kabuto Kouji... but when a female love interest is hinted at (Maria) He'd be cold and passive about it and if anything was to happen to her, he'd give his best to save her but never a tear or a moment of rage was shed on her account. Even Alien female love interests were refered to as "childhood friends promised to marry him until they die pretty much 18 minutes later. Without so much as a pink flowery flashback.

I rest my case.

If you couldn't tell before, Go Nagai's body of work has influenced many of my own stories and references to Cutey Honey can be found in "Poser Brother" and "Starship Bloopers" and also in some "Funky Spice" issues.
Too bad this project of his, the New Cutey Honey series, was never finished despite his great work.
Unread 09-11-2013   #4
TGManiac
Process Master

It was really a good series.
TGManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013   #5
chriskim019
Observer / Preserver

Whoa, guess what? I was just searching online about whether this "New Cutey Honey" series would ever be finished, and that's when I found this article.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/e...released-dec-6

The article clearly states that THIS series, the "New Cutey Honey" (and none other!), is going to get a new OVA on the upcoming december in celebration of Cutey Honey's 40th year anniversary!

YESSS! I am so happy right now. I mean, the series was too much of a pure gold to not be finished, especially regarding the character Black Maiden. I really loved the AP concept for her, and she is probably one of the first characters who really enlightened me toward the concept of age progression. However, when the last 3 episodes barely featured her, and the studio suddenley happened to run out of money, I was like "What the heck?! They can't just abandon such a great character!" Still, I hoped that the studio would someday gather enough money and finish the series at least in respect to Go Nagai. Now, my long wait finally received its rewarding answer.

I am not sure if the new OVA is going to conclude the series or not, but that does not matter! Even if it just turns out to be remastered version with better graphics, its would still be good since that means Black Maiden's AP transformation scene would get a better quality! Whatever it may be, as long as it focuses on Black Maiden and give her majority of screentime this time, I will be satisfied

Last edited by chriskim019; 09-16-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Unread 09-23-2013   #6
chriskim019
Observer / Preserver

Ah, great... I just did some deeper research about the new upcoming OVA. According to the information on Amazon Japan, it is just a blu-ray version of the series with special extra features. There is a new material, though. One of the special extra features is a radio drama of the episode 9, which was never aired.

Well, I guess I would have to at least hope they improve Black Maiden's AP transformation into a much better quality than before. I think they can really exclude the blurriness and improve the animation of the sequence in BD...

http://chriskim8365.deviantart.com/favourites/

Don't regret about anything you commit in life, for I believe everything is worthwhile^^

Last edited by chriskim019; 09-23-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Tags
age progression, black maiden, cutey honey, girl