free hit counters
Brief, but good shower werewolf TF in Cursed - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-28-2019   #1
Hrothgar
Process Fan

Brief, but good shower werewolf TF in Cursed

Was checking out Cursed, since it's on Hulu right now, and it has easily my favorite female werewolf TF of all time. I had completely forgotten a different, brief TF scene with the main character (slowed down because it goes by quick):

https://imgur.com/a/ZDTKxnV
Hrothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2019   #2
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Re: Brief, but good shower werewolf TF in Cursed

I name it "what could have been". The producers of the film discarded the FX (prosthetics and real stuff) prepared by Rick Baker himself, and now their protraits are in the dictionary in the definition of "asshole".
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2019   #3
scryer
Process Fan

Yea unfortunatly "cursed" was probably one of the worst executed werewolf movies , just about every actor that was in it is embaressed of it. Originally they had way better effects but cut it down to this low grade animorphs type stuff later on and just overall was a bad movie, Like this thing had basically a B list cast at the time it was made but its a D list movie
scryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2019   #4
salmonmousse
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
I name it "what could have been". The producers of the film discarded the FX (prosthetics and real stuff) prepared by Rick Baker himself, and now their protraits are in the dictionary in the definition of "asshole".
I remember first seeing the movie and wondering at "what might have been" as it originally seemed to have promise... what's the story about dropping Rick Baker's work from the production? Costs? Personality battles? Sheer stupidity?
salmonmousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2019   #5
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

The producers wanted a 360 degree pan around a transforming werewolf. Rick Baker said that's impossible with practical effects. So they went with CGI, and split the effects 50/50 between practical and CGI so that paying for that shot was economical.

Also they wanted the movie to be PG-13, so they could get teenagers to care about it, because basically only teenagers pay for movies. They decided this after it was almost complete. There was also the change of the two POV character going from being a romantic couple to being brother/sister that was made fairly late in production and changed the entire ending of the film. Basically production was a goddamn mess.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote