free hit counters
Possible Freeborn revival? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-15-2019   #1
Voral
Lurker

Possible Freeborn revival?

I know for a lot of people here, the name Freeborn can bring up many of feelings. The grandiose plan of a full fledged werewolf movie with supposedly an all practical effect female werewolf transformation. That quickly turned into mutliple gofundmes, indigogos and end the end, nothing to show from it. But there might be some light left at the end of that long dark tunnel.

Anthony Brownrigg, the mind behind freeborn as recently begun posting more and more regularly on his facebook and youtube page making silicons and casts of werewolf parts. It seems the Freeborn short film indeed might be back on the radar. The few videos on his youtube page are very short clips of the casts and molds, but he seems to be dedicated once again. You can read more on his facebook page and see more pictures of the work he has been doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a9cJjjnJ2k
Voral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2019   #2
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: Possible Freeborn revival?

I'm pretty sure they actually did make some version of that movie, released under a different name, and it was awful.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2019   #3
Voral
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
I'm pretty sure they actually did make some version of that movie, released under a different name, and it was awful.
If they did, I never heard about it or seen it. I followed the Freeborn project for a long time. From the movie, to the change to a TV series, to a Web series. I even donated to every one of their campaign fundraisers. After the last attempt at a fundraiser and no product, I gave up on it. The only reason I bring this up now is because I am still friends with Brownrigg on Facebook and i've been seeing these little pics and videos pop up. Either way, it's more promising than most of the stuff he's done so far.
Voral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2019   #4
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voral View Post
If they did, I never heard about it or seen it. I followed the Freeborn project for a long time. From the movie, to the change to a TV series, to a Web series. I even donated to every one of their campaign fundraisers. After the last attempt at a fundraiser and no product, I gave up on it. The only reason I bring this up now is because I am still friends with Brownrigg on Facebook and i've been seeing these little pics and videos pop up. Either way, it's more promising than most of the stuff he's done so far.
It might have just been a terrible movie with an identical plot and low budget.
Unread 09-15-2019   #5
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

I was wondering when the next round of his "Boy Who Cried Wolf" routine would start up again. At this point, I'll believe it when I see it, and even then, after the crap he pulled with the last funding effort (took the money and ran, without producing anything, let alone fulfilling pledge incentives), I will not spent a cent on any project with his name on it. I am on record in this forum defending him in the past, but that was the last straw. He's somewhere between a con artist, and being all talk with no substance.

He did make a short film with no process to flesh out the backstory of one of the potential characters of the film/series/whatever, but that was it. There were also videos recruiting people to play the roles of different characters, but, as usual, nothing came of it.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2019   #6
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
It might have just been a terrible movie with an identical plot and low budget.
Care to share the title or just continue being cryptic?
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2019   #7
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post
Care to share the title or just continue being cryptic?
If I remembered the title I'd have said so at the start.
Unread 09-15-2019   #8
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

I'd have to see some solid results from Brownrigg before I even considered any project of his again. Far as I'm concerned he's a con artist.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2019   #9
Werewolf1361
Frequent Poster

I think "Stillborn" would have been more appropriate name. Even if Brownrig is serious this time, he's done irrevocable damage to his reputation.

https://aldenbauers.wixsite.com/abauers
Werewolf1361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2019   #10
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

The problem is that he hurted the TF and werewolf community to a level that no one has ever done. As some people can confirm here, he took the money and ran... well, not exactly, he did some effort to get things done, but sadly he bit much more than he could chew.
Consequently, I see very little future on his efforts, unless he could sell his idea to "those guys" who usually end up ruining good ideas (aka "Cursed", "Wolves" or "Howling Reborn" producers).
Anyway, I'd love that some people out there could take advantage of those prosthetics and could do decent horror werewolf movies :P.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2019   #11
actionmang
Frequent Poster

Well, he did a livestream tonight, so I decided to do some recon for y’all. Sounds like it will be a short film with a female werewolf, set in the universe of Freeborn. It sounds fully funded, but i’m not sure. It’s the girlfriend of a werewolf who is transforming for the first time but she doesn’t know what’s happening to her. I asked who the actress was and he said April Dawn Hartman, an actress in Texas ... who I think is this person: https://www.instagram.com/april.hartman/?hl=en

There’s a discord with more pictures of things, you can find the link in the comment of the linked video. He also uploaded lots of videos to his TikTok.

Anyway, regardless of what people feel, that’s what I found out.
actionmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2019   #12
scryer
Process Fan

Yea sounds like hes up to the same tricks as before, toss some bait to get money to pay for his own projects again, don't be fooled into giving him money, he needs to show his work before anyone should trust him again.
scryer is offline   Reply With Quote