free hit counters
Female Werewolf needles in a haystack - Page 59 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-01-2017   #697
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on contributing to Betsy. It sounds from howlingfan's descriptions of the Facebook content like the big transformation is something the creators have thought long and hard about and they have a gorgeous chick and some fantastic inspirations in AWIL and others. Also the storyboards are an interesting perk so I went ahead and kicked nearly a hundred dollars their way. Here's hoping it turns out well! Even if I don't enjoy it (I only enjoy painful TFs for instance) I'll be happy if someone on the board likes it.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2017   #698
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on contributing to Betsy. It sounds from howlingfan's descriptions of the Facebook content like the big transformation is something the creators have thought long and hard about and they have a gorgeous chick and some fantastic inspirations in AWIL and others. Also the storyboards are an interesting perk so I went ahead and kicked nearly a hundred dollars their way. Here's hoping it turns out well! Even if I don't enjoy it (I only enjoy painful TFs for instance) I'll be happy if someone on the board likes it.
Honestly, I don't want to build this movie up too much (how many times have we been disappointed before?), but so far, all signs point to "Betsy" being "the one." And when I say that, I don't mean it's going to be the holy grail of a female "AWIL" (they don't have nearly enough money in the budget for that and plus, no Rick Baker), but I have a feeling this will be the greatest female werewolf TF so far, though that might not be saying much since the bar has been set so low. So keep your expectations moderate, but hope for the best.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2017   #699
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Unfortunately it seems like Betsy will have skin ripping elements in its transformation. This is really disappointing to hear for me, but to you cats who aren't bothered by that it should still be a nice feature. I already donated so I guess it doesn't make a difference either way.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Unread 02-02-2017   #700
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
Unfortunately it seems like Betsy will have skin ripping elements in its transformation. This is really disappointing to hear for me, but to you cats who aren't bothered by that it should still be a nice feature. I already donated so I guess it doesn't make a difference either way.
Yes, I heard that quote in one of the videos too, but you'll notice the writer/director said there will be a "little bit of skin ripping," emphasizing the word "little." Honestly, I don't mind a little bit of skin ripping, as long as it's not over-the-top like "Trick 'r Treat" and "Hemlock Grove." Let's not forget he also cited "The Monster Squad," "Silver Bullet," and, most importantly, "AWIL" as his inspirations for the movie, and none of those TFs featured skin ripping of any kind. I've e-mailed this guy some questions as to the details of the TF, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I hope I haven't scared him away, lol.
Unread 02-02-2017   #701
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenboggart View Post
Hey guys, there's a party pooper on the imdb site, precisely in the page of AWIL Remake. He wrote a comment against the idea of a female remake of this cult movie. Please, someone send him to fuck.
I don't know what you're even asking.... "send him to fuck"? Anyway, the guy is entitled to his own opinion, and he didn't share it here so I don't see it as our problem. So don't pay him any mind, it's not like he has any control over the movie getting made or not.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2017   #702
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenboggart View Post
Hey guys, there's a party pooper on the imdb site, precisely in the page of AWIL Remake. He wrote a comment against the idea of a female remake of this cult movie. Please, someone send him to fuck.
You got your bashing, but I didn't do much blood from it, sorry. It is a cinephile opinion versus another cinephile opinion.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2017   #703
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
I don't know what you're even asking.... "send him to fuck"? Anyway, the guy is entitled to his own opinion, and he didn't share it here so I don't see it as our problem. So don't pay him any mind, it's not like he has any control over the movie getting made or not.
I did, but not relating it with TF or whatever, it is simply that I don't understand the hatred towards the remakes, as long as it makes no sense at all.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2017   #704
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
I did, but not relating it with TF or whatever, it is simply that I don't understand the hatred towards the remakes, as long as it makes no sense at all.
It's not our place to jump some random guy about his opinion at the behest of our little green friend, he could have done that himself if it truly cared so much. Let's not turn the thread into something silly like that, and let's just keep it about actual existing instances of female werewolves in art medium, you guys are already making me regret mentioning the imdb page. No more rumors, no more "maybes", we should just wait until we see concrete evidence of something that was produced.
Unread 02-02-2017   #705
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Yeah, the post made me think at first that Max Landis or some official had come out and rejected the idea of a female lead. I don't plan to get upset over some rando on the internet expressing their opinion and I'm glad to see similar sentiments.

Unread 02-02-2017   #706
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Okay, so I lied about there not being another update for “Betsy” for a while (didn’t realize there’d be another announcement so close to the campaign’s end). Now the writer/director is saying if they can make it to 200%, everyone will get an 11x17 autographed poster (and what a poster it is). There are only a few hours left, so get ‘em before they’re gone.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...wolf-feature#/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Betsy.jpg (74.4 KB, 248 views)
Unread 02-07-2017   #707
lowes96
Process Master

Ok I did some research and found supposedly her transforming into a werewolf Season 2 episode 3 of Shadowhunters around the 24:00 mark

http://putlocker-movies.is/episodes/...n-2-episode-3/

Last edited by lowes96; 02-07-2017 at 03:18 AM.
lowes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2017   #708
TF-Viewer

Yeah, it wasn't that great a TF. The hunches over in pain, contorts for a few seconds, then her eyes change from brown to yellow (though the wolf has blue eyes when it's done...) she rips the skin from her throat to show fur underneath, her jacket splits (forgetting all the layers under it) to reveal a furry back, then her legs snap very awkwardly in two places because the special effects team fails at anatomy. It cuts away for a few seconds and then back to her fully transformed into a CG wolf, and her clothes (damaged or otherwise) have ceased to exist, not even tatters on the floor.

We see her again towards the end of the episode with different clothes on. I guess we're supposed to assume she reverted to human form without her clothes somewhere, then ran home naked to get new clothes, and we get to see none of that.

She's pretty, and a werewolf, but this show doesn't do werewolves well.