free hit counters
Mako's Collection: When Two Worlds Collide (Offsite) - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-19-2012   #13
Goldendawn
3D Comic Beginner

Re: Mako's Collection: When Two Worlds Collide

Okay firstly I understand, however, I also have spoken to a huge amount of artists who do this because they want to - and ignore demanding comments (which means you can ignore me as you see fit :P)

Look I am not telling you I don't like the idea of a video - what I am saying is change the style so that it is either a video, or leave a comic to comic format.

Hell why don't you offer the comics up as a donation purchase? I would buy it!

If you are going to keep with video - the remove the text bubbles. Instead replace the text with voice acting - I am sure you will get many people dying to offer some voice acting for you for free (hell I would do it also!)

Also expand your shots, sorry but you know better than I do about video editing, but your last video had no feel to it. There was too many close ups and not enough of the scene as a whole. So I didn't feel that the panels were really interconnected. But I do believe this is because I am frustratred over the text more than anything.

Big thing for me is when I read a comic, I look at the scene in a glance for contexts, then read the text, then look at the art again to look over the scene.

Your videos of your comics means you do not get that apprication for the scene, instead you are thrown into the detail, then get text, and then you have to remember the detail or go backwards in the video to look over it again.

Might just be me - but I am trying to give contructive comments about the way I feel about them.

I believe in all my heart you can do better - or even you can donation fund your comics also. I know I would be a buyer.

Hugs.

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Understood. Thanks for the feedback, Goldendawn. Your concern isn't the first nor I am sure will it be the last that I've heard about my comic videos.

From my POV - if I was asking people to pay for my comics - then I could completely understand the frustration. I feel I would make any of the comics available in the formats or execution that seems appropriate to those who pay for them. But I don't feel an obligation to do that when I offer them for free.

All to often I've spoken with artists who have quit making material because of the pressures they take on from requests or even "demands" of the community. I've fallen into that trap once in a while and wanted to stop - because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It became more about the heavy weight of trying to resolve everyone's issues rather than pleasing myself first and foremost.

With that in mind - I want to thank you for your time and input. I appreciate the level of respect you have - even if the execution isn't quite your cup of tea. As you are aware of my concerns over the matter, I don't really see that changing any time soon. I will eventually release my comics in a comic form - but when I feel I am ready to do so.

Cheers

- Mako -
Unread 05-19-2012   #14
Katt
Guardian of the OverKitty

Location: The worst scumhole in the galaxy, Teddy Bear Junction.

Quote:
LOL You and me both, Katt!!! Like I mentioned above - it took me a while to get here with this story. I wanted to do it since the early 1990's when I was introduced to the character. So it took close to 20 years to finally create a version I was happy with.

I know I had to twist a few of the original details here and there to make it work. But it's cool you recognized the way in which I was really trying to ground it as closely to the source material as I could (considering the story).

Cheers

- Mako -
I funded a small Star Wars tg comic myself, based off of Empire Strikes back. :P

PS. I'd much rather see these in comic format then video myself. Also it's nice to see some big boobies finally!... though could be bigger :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mahantg1.jpg (2.75 MB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg mahantg2.jpg (2.50 MB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg mahantg3.jpg (2.50 MB, 236 views)
Unread 05-19-2012   #15
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt View Post
I funded a small Star Wars tg comic myself, based off of Empire Strikes back. :P

PS. I'd much rather see these in comic format then video myself. Also it's nice to see some big boobies finally!... though could be bigger :P

That was fun!! Thanks for sharing Katt

- Mako -
Miss Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012   #16
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbyron View Post
I know this all too well. Thanks for sharing it, Mako. It's not often I get to satisfy both my dark appetite and my geek appetite at the same time.

No problem, Doc. Glad you liked it

- Mako -
Miss Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012   #17
ashe5k
Transformer

I think if the word bubbles were separate from the art and were in the screen so we could see the art instead of having to focus so much on those it'd help the pacing. Other than that, fantastic work here
Unread 05-19-2012   #18
MeMyselfI
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Understood. Thanks for the feedback, Goldendawn. Your concern isn't the first nor I am sure will it be the last that I've heard about my comic videos.

From my POV - if I was asking people to pay for my comics - then I could completely understand the frustration. I feel I would make any of the comics available in the formats or execution that seems appropriate to those who pay for them. But I don't feel an obligation to do that when I offer them for free.

All to often I've spoken with artists who have quit making material because of the pressures they take on from requests or even "demands" of the community. I've fallen into that trap once in a while and wanted to stop - because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It became more about the heavy weight of trying to resolve everyone's issues rather than pleasing myself first and foremost.

With that in mind - I want to thank you for your time and input. I appreciate the level of respect you have - even if the execution isn't quite your cup of tea. As you are aware of my concerns over the matter, I don't really see that changing any time soon. I will eventually release my comics in a comic form - but when I feel I am ready to do so.

Cheers

- Mako -
I'd definitely be willing to pay for a digital version of the comic, and I'm probably not the only one. However, I totally understand your position. Thanks for the video.
MeMyselfI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012   #19
Katsumend
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfI View Post
I'd definitely be willing to pay for a digital version of the comic, and I'm probably not the only one. However, I totally understand your position. Thanks for the video.
Seriously, make some money off these! Great stuff! and thanks for sharing
Katsumend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012   #20
Sensus
Process Fan

Yeah make. Pay for some drilling - its so great )
Sensus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012   #21
tghawk555
New look! Whatcha think?

Hmm, definitely an interesting little twist there. I haven't heard that name in the Star Wars universe for years, though...

Teehee! Like what you see, boys?

There need to be more werewoman TG sequences!!

A TG sequence is not a TG sequence without process and a clothes change!

Bimbos Aren't Sluts! 181 supporters and counting!

Official bet between me and OhZone (Result to be determined on November 4, 2020)

Check out my dA: TGHawk's Lounge
tghawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012   #22
loststitch
Put'n it all together...

Excellent job (as always), Mako!
Unread 06-07-2012   #23
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote: