free hit counters
New Witches movie in the works - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-16-2019   #1
budhud33
Process Fan

New Witches movie in the works

Directed by Robert Zemeckis (Forrest Gump). Anne Hathaway will star in it as the grand witch.

In both the Roah Dahl book and 1990 movie all the witches transform into mice at the end. Robert Zemeckis is a big fan of CGI and quirky effects. I wonder how they’ll handle the TF scene.
budhud33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2019   #2
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: New Witches movie in the works

We'll have the fanciest CGI poof TFs the world has ever seen. What we're not likely to get to see is a group of women slowly shrinking out of their clothes as they turn into animals, especially not someone as hot as Anne Hathaway, as she's the main villain and would get extra detail on her transformation. It's all going to be obfuscated by heavy glowing smoke, and maybe there will be clothes on the floor afterwards for the mice to scurry out of but I doubt even that. If the clothes come off it might be considered somehow sexual and that just won't do in this modern era.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2019   #3
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
We'll have the fanciest CGI poof TFs the world has ever seen. What we're not likely to get to see is a group of women slowly shrinking out of their clothes as they turn into animals, especially not someone as hot as Anne Hathaway, as she's the main villain and would get extra detail on her transformation. It's all going to be obfuscated by heavy glowing smoke, and maybe there will be clothes on the floor afterwards for the mice to scurry out of but I doubt even that. If the clothes come off it might be considered somehow sexual and that just won't do in this modern era.
Well technically in the book the clothes transform with the person.
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2019   #4
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas View Post
Well technically in the book the clothes transform with the person.
So if they go by the book and not draw inspiration from the previous film we will get just what I predicted then, glowing smoke hiding every detail of the TF and not even a pile of empty clothes afterwards. I'll stick to the 90s movie version in that case as at least there was something to see.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2019   #5
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
So if they go by the book and not draw inspiration from the previous film we will get just what I predicted then, glowing smoke hiding every detail of the TF and not even a pile of empty clothes afterwards. I'll stick to the 90s movie version in that case as at least there was something to see.
Most probable scenario. Totally agree with the prediction.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2019   #6
MaxJ1800
Process Fan

I just hope they don't mess with the ending. That's what brought down the first the movie.
MaxJ1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2019   #7
ironwolf1987
Leecher

If the new movie doesn’t really show shrinking out of clothes, the. I doubt if I really would like it.
ironwolf1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2020   #8
Chef123
Frequent Poster

First trailer is out. TF seems to be of the cheap CGI smoke/poof type. However it looks like clothes won't change and we will see at least piles of empty clothes at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgoTUHHGHJk
Chef123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2020   #9
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

First movie also never touched the other transformations described in the book at the beginning - girl in the painting, girl to chicken, etc. Probably no joy this time, but we'll see.

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2020   #10
productive
Lurker

girl in the painting was mentioned in the first movie.
productive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2020   #11
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Yep, and it was a friend of the boy’s grandmother. Plus some parts might not make it in the film due to time constraints.
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2020   #12
~Circe~
Goddess of Transformation

It appears the characters seem to fly up into the air as they change. Covering them in cgi boils in an attempt to make the transformation more grotesque and less... fetish inducing. It's a neat idea but I bet this will just fuel the boil fetishists. Are there boil fetishists? Meh, if they don't exist then they will now.

Side note, anyone notice the Glasgow smile on the Grand High Witch? I was expecting this to be part of her mask, or hiding some hideously large cgi mouth... but then we see a very underwhelming burned face in one shot of the Grand High Witch's true face. Shame.