free hit counters
Growth Test 1 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 12-04-2016   #1
Obsidian
Process Master

Growth Test 1

Hey gang, I've a little something to show off. Still been messing around with DAZ 3D, and I tried my hand a growth scene. It's very small, and a little faster than I'd like it to be, but hey, I'm just practicing

Anyway, for your enjoyment. Here's my first animation test.

Oh, fun facts:

-Total time needed to create this simple scene: 10 hours
-All sound effects from freesound.org
-Model used: Genesis 3 Base
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 Growth 1.mp4 (360.4 KB, 946 views)
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2016   #2
hexen
Amateur writer

Re: Growth Test 1

I like where this is going.

And may the TF fairy find you and make you rawr!!
hexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2016   #3
Obsidian
Process Master

I figured out my errors when it comes to rendering animations! Future movies should be much smoother, run longer, and generally superior.

Just thought I'd share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexen
I like where this is going.
Heh, so do I. And foot growth fans should be particularly excited.
Unread 12-04-2016   #4
Kung Fu Tzu
It's...not...Confucius!

I'm super excited to see you messing around with this, you've impressed me greatly with your writing in the Random Growth series and to see you animating brings all the more anticipation.
Kung Fu Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2016   #5
clovis
Frequent Poster

A nice test. I loved the growing sound. The breath seemed a big masculine however.
Much appreciated effort, keep up the good work.
clovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2016   #6
growthfilic10
Process Fan

Quote:
Heh, so do I. And foot growth fans should be particularly excited.
hjagsjgjaghj YES, SHOE BUSTING, SHOE BUSTING, SHOE BUSTING, NO HEELS OR FLIP FLOPS, BOOTS, FLATS OR SNEAKERS!!!!!
growthfilic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2016   #7
Obsidian
Process Master

Second test is underway. The rendering for this particular movie will probably take ~10 hours as well...or perhaps more (120 frames vs 30 frames). My computer's only so powerful... lol

This second growth scene focuses on an elf enjoying herself on the beach. Although the animation won't be around for a while, I can at least give you a few Before, Mid, and Final still renders to enjoy in the meantime.

More to come!

Fun facts:

-Standard Lighting
-New figure assets used
-Standard textures
-Sandy beach environment
-Time invested so far: 6 hours
-Fun had: A lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Tzu
I'm super excited to see you messing around with this, you've impressed me greatly with your writing in the Random Growth series and to see you animating brings all the more anticipation.
I'm glad you enjoyed Random Growth. I need to sit down and continue that at some point

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovis
A nice test. I loved the growing sound. The breath seemed a big masculine however. Much appreciated effort, keep up the good work.
I agree, the breathing ended up too male-like. That's my fault (it was originally a female's voice, I promise lol). In my effort to slow down the animation, I used an outside tool and clearly adjusted the speed a wee bit too much. Now that I've got a better grasp on how animation works in DAZ, this shouldn't be an issue any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by growthfilic10
hjagsjgjaghj YES, SHOE BUSTING, SHOE BUSTING, SHOE BUSTING, NO HEELS OR FLIP FLOPS, BOOTS, FLATS OR SNEAKERS!!!!!
Your enthusiasm is contagious and well-received.

I will endeavor to throw in shoe busting with boots, flats, and sneakers. Bear with me, though, as I will be working with heels and flip flops and the like as I work to improve my proficiency. Normal shoes will come, however. I will do my very best to make it happen.
Attached Images
File Type: png Elf Growth Still 1.png (208.4 KB, 229 views)
File Type: png Elf Growth Still 2.png (211.9 KB, 194 views)
File Type: png Elf Growth Still 3.png (213.6 KB, 216 views)
Unread 12-05-2016   #8
Balugawhale
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Second test is underway. The rendering for this particular movie will probably take ~10 hours as well...or perhaps more (120 frames vs 30 frames). My computer's only so powerful... lol

This second growth scene focuses on an elf enjoying herself on the beach. Although the animation won't be around for a while, I can at least give you a few Before, Mid, and Final still renders to enjoy in the meantime.

More to come!

Fun facts:

-Standard Lighting
-New figure assets used
-Standard textures
-Sandy beach environment
-Time invested so far: 6 hours
-Fun had: A lot

I'm glad you enjoyed Random Growth. I need to sit down and continue that at some point

I agree, the breathing ended up too male-like. That's my fault (it was originally a female's voice, I promise lol). In my effort to slow down the animation, I used an outside tool and clearly adjusted the speed a wee bit too much. Now that I've got a better grasp on how animation works in DAZ, this shouldn't be an issue any longer.

Your enthusiasm is contagious and well-received.

I will endeavor to throw in shoe busting with boots, flats, and sneakers. Bear with me, though, as I will be working with heels and flip flops and the like as I work to improve my proficiency. Normal shoes will come, however. I will do my very best to make it happen.
would u be willing to do some "only footgrowth" animations at some point? im sure a few of us here would be willing to chip in some $ for it, there just isnt material on the net
Balugawhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2016   #9
Obsidian
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balugawhale View Post
would u be willing to do some "only footgrowth" animations at some point? im sure a few of us here would be willing to chip in some $ for it, there just isnt material on the net
I agree, foot growth-only content seems to be in short supply, unfortunately. I will definitely try some foot growth centric scenes.

So, small update: Rendering process is a little over halfway complete (64 frames out of 120). At this rate, the animation may be complete by tonight. I think I may have found a way to speed up future renderings, but I'll have to wait until the current job is done before I test any new settings. I think my hardware is sufficiently powerful enough; I just need to adjust some settings to take advantage of it. We'll see, I guess.
Unread 12-05-2016   #10
Lecher
Process Master

Get some clothes ripping in there
Lecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2016   #11
Obsidian
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecher View Post
Get some clothes ripping in there
One step at a time.

Don't worry, we'll get there.
Unread 12-05-2016   #12
Obsidian
Process Master

Okay, wow...finally, the rendering process is complete, sound effects have been added, and the second test is ready for public consumption. Whew!

It amazes me just how much time and effort goes into animating even the smallest clips! This little movie is just over four seconds long, and yet it required 6 hours of modeling and tinkering, 22 hours of rendering, and around two hours of mixing and editing. Thirty-fucking-hours lol!

That said, I'm still having a shit-ton of fun

Anyways, here you go. This is my second animation test with DAZ Studio. Hope you like all four seconds of it

And I hope it shows improvement!
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 Elf Growth 1 Final.mp4 (645.2 KB, 639 views)