free hit counters
Paradox Alice - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-27-2013   #37
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Re: Paradox Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
Before this has a chance to ratchet up... just a request to move this sort of discussion to Flame & Bullshit or to carry it out privately. Specifically, the resale talk. Not really relevant to the film itself, I think.
Fair enough, I just want my stance to be publicly known about such matters, so with this post I'll have spoken my piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako
Vincent... so that I may better understand and place context around your opinion - what is your professional experience? What sort of jobs and/or education do you have?
Admittedly I've not had much experience in the film industry; I've mostly pursued the retail sector after acquiring my A.A. As a consumer, though, I hardly think that's relevant; rather, the opinions of the producers in my life ultimately determine whether I'll give their products an even chance. I'm trying to provide a kind warning here, but there's no real way to sugar-coat this: making public statements that come across as economically tone-deaf as the apocryphal Jack Valenti's "the secondary market is - for all intents and purposes - akin to piracy" will never do you favors with your fanbase, particularly when they have no other legitimate option.

You're far too good a producer with far too loyal a following to be making political mistakes this early on. How is exposure a bad thing?
Unread 05-30-2013   #38
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_richter View Post
Admittedly I've not had much experience in the film industry; I've mostly pursued the retail sector after acquiring my A.A. As a consumer, though, I hardly think that's relevant; rather, the opinions of the producers in my life ultimately determine whether I'll give their products an even chance. I'm trying to provide a kind warning here, but there's no real way to sugar-coat this: making public statements that come across as economically tone-deaf as the apocryphal Jack Valenti's "the secondary market is - for all intents and purposes - akin to piracy" will never do you favors with your fanbase, particularly when they have no other legitimate option.

You're far too good a producer with far too loyal a following to be making political mistakes this early on. How is exposure a bad thing?

And that's your subjective opinion, vincent. I don't necessarily agree with it... but I'll respect it.

- Mako -

Last edited by Miss Mako; 05-30-2013 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Edited
Miss Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013   #39
Nightstar76
TGFan

That's WHY I don't want to buy it in Japan. As much as I want to see it, I want to give you the money for it, not someone else, Mako. But my patience with distributors is pretty thin these days. Thinner than it's ever been. I know you have to deal with the current system, but in a world where there's no physical reason for a distribution system and the movie could have just been put on netflix after shooting and editing was done, at the very worst, I've lost all tolerance for the people in your industry who control the floodgates.

This is not me saying I intend to steal it or import it at this moment, but it is a reminder that the harder it is to legitimately buy something, the more likely it is that stealing or importing is going to happen.
Nightstar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013   #40
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

Heck, if the industry had its first choice, I wouldn't even be able to play the disc I just ordered from Japan as it's not the same region code as the USA.

Fortunately there are workarounds.

Best,

Chiaroscuros
Chiaroscuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013   #41
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar76 View Post
That's WHY I don't want to buy it in Japan. As much as I want to see it, I want to give you the money for it, not someone else, Mako. But my patience with distributors is pretty thin these days. Thinner than it's ever been. I know you have to deal with the current system, but in a world where there's no physical reason for a distribution system and the movie could have just been put on netflix after shooting and editing was done, at the very worst, I've lost all tolerance for the people in your industry who control the floodgates.

This is not me saying I intend to steal it or import it at this moment, but it is a reminder that the harder it is to legitimately buy something, the more likely it is that stealing or importing is going to happen.

I don't disagree with you Nightstar. I'm someone on both sides of the fence. I can see both sides of the issue here.

When I started in Animation - everything was mainly hand drawn. It was an art form for sure. And I was around in the business when TOY STORY came out and changed everything. For the next 7-8 years that followed - a major transformation happened. And most Animated Movies went from Traditional to CG.

This did not effect me as much cause I am a film editor. But many of my animation friends around me screamed and kicked at the idea of losing traditional animation. They fought the system, many did not want to touch a computer... and most are no longer in the film business.

I see some of the same thing here - where you have people from one generation fighting to maintain a more traditional approach to the way "things were done". I'm not saying this is right... just saying I can empathize. I do feel the people in this group who can evolve and embrace changes that will eventually HAVE TO HAPPEN... will survive. And I also agree that it's just a FACT of the marketplace and how it will drive what will eventually happen.

Hence my frustration - like yours - is with the distribution process. When I look back at how we did with our short movies (TLPS, The Kiss) we never really made back all the money we put into them. With PARADOX ALICE - we spent 10x the amount of money. And I felt in order to try and get more of that investment back - we needed to think bigger and go with an actual distributor. Especially since we also had a FULL BLOWN movie on our hands that I felt really good about. I really want nothing to do with the distribution myself. That's not something I can or want to do. My focus has always been creating. It's like me asking David Fincher to make DVD's for me and I'll pay him. (Not that I'm comparing myself to him - but it's an example).

Anyways... I get what you are saying Nightstar. And the timing of all of this kind of sucks not only for peeps like you - but for me as well. We are under contract - so my hands are tied. But not indefinitely

- Mako -
Unread 06-01-2013   #42
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

And, because of you, I am getting into the film industry, so...

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013   #43
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

DVD just arrived, so it took about 7-8 days to get here (MA) via Registered Air Mail.

Best,
Chiaroscuros
Unread 06-03-2013   #44
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

Just finished watching. Curious what the total budget was - a number of aspects are impressive for an indie scifi film.

Not sure how much I want to comment to avoid spoilers.

-C
Unread 06-03-2013   #45
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuros View Post
Just finished watching. Curious what the total budget was - a number of aspects are impressive for an indie scifi film.

Not sure how much I want to comment to avoid spoilers.

-C

You can always send me a PM if you have any questions or are not sure about something A number of peeps having been doing that. Thanks for supporting us, Chiaroscuros.

Cheers,
Mako
Unread 06-04-2013   #46
Brianxavier
#fictionmania & farhad's

Yeah best bet to PM mako here or at TG Comics if you have spolier-ish questions. Although at TG Comcis, I can zap spoilers, posted in public, with no problem... here not so much.

Then again I have yet to see the movie... so I might not know what is giving it away from not...

--Xavier
Brianxavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013   #47
Nightstar76
TGFan

This may seem like a totally random question, because it is, but... is #fictionmania still a thing? Really? I've not been on the irc channel in years.
Nightstar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013   #48
Blazer22
Frequent Poster

I got to be honest.. I want to see that transformation in the movie VERY BADDLY.
I'm thinking about buying the movie but I gotta know what I'm buying before I do.
From the replys I see that its a painful transformation with reactions in it. (love that)
But I got to know more.....
Is the transformee fullly nude, do you see all the body change, (do you see the penis turn into a vagina), how big do her breasts get.....etc.
Please I have to know before I buy.
Blazer22 is offline   Reply With Quote