free hit counters
Paradox Alice - Page 6 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-04-2013   #61
Venomrain300
Leecher

Re: Paradox Alice

Just thought I would let people know it is also available on Xbox live video service for rent or purchase as well.
Venomrain300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013   #62
trc071880
Frequent Poster

hello
i just wanted to say that i rented Paradox Alice last night on my xbox( didnt think it was out yet) and i have to say it is worth every penny. Im not a huge sci fi fan but i did enjoy this. Just my 2 cents oh and the TF...its top notch...Mako should be proud!
trc071880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013   #63
Nightstar76
TGFan

Well, when it gets on Amazon, I'll rent it. So far, not yet.
Nightstar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013   #64
Dr. Bender
Shapeshifter

Finally bought, watched and reviewed the movie on iTunes. 4/5 stars.

The Good:
This is a solid sci-fi thriller. Definitely not a comedy. The cast gives a great performance with the occasional flat delivery. The visual effects are generally good quality. The story is engaging and had me on the edge of my seat. Seriously emotional, there's a definite pervading sense of how alone they are throughout the whole movie. And if you don't want to reach through the screen and strangle the villain about 20 minutes before the end of the movie, you're not human. Which is a good thing.

The Bad:
Ok, I'm sorry Mako, the movie is brilliant in general and the sort of thing this community will dig. But I've got to be fair and balanced. It's not going to be for everyone and there are occasional flubs.

Certain plot points brought me out of the movie, like near the beginning the Captain makes a certain decision that seems nonsensical considering that they really did need a certain piece of equipment to land when they got back to Earth. There's also one scene where the two guys are at each other's throats then are suddenly sitting back together like nothing happened. It's small imperfections throughout the movie, none of them bad enough to condemn the entire thing but enough that I doubt you'll be getting a great score on Rotten Tomatos.

Also, visual effects. I absolutely understand that this is a low budget movie and, considering that, the visual effects are damn good. Heck, in places they're great. But they really do dip down in quality at various points. For example, the destroyed Earth looks like someone took some bites out of a cookie. Europa looks freekin' wonderful, though.

Ok, guys, if you're thinking about watching this movie, and you should, be aware: if you can't handle rape this movie's going to push your buttons hard.

The Ugly:
Ok, this is the part where I air some personal peeves and opinions that shouldn't affect your viewing experience. Feel free to skip to the summary, I'm going to keep it spoilers light though so don't worry about that.

The script reminds me of an Angel-era Joss Whedon script. I.E. it's of the 'anything can happen, anyone can die' school of writing, which isn't my cup of tea. The villain has some serious karmic backlash coming his way and his well deserved retribution left me unfulfilled. I really wanted to hear him scream.

One thing I don't think Joss Whedon would have done either is put Alice in a weakened role. This is, like, stealth misogyny going on here. The biblical stuff doesn't help but reinforce the feeling for me either but then I, as I said in the beginning, this is a personal peeve of mine.

Without spoiling, personally the ending also left me cold and unsatisfied. I can't get spoiler tags to work so I can't go into detail but I will say that there's a point where 'realism' should give way to audience expectation and Paradox Alice crosses the line into warped Aesop territory.

Summary:
Watch the movie! I know I've ripped into it a bit but it's still awesome. Challenging to watch due to some of the content but worth watching, particularly for TG transformation fans and fans of Mako.

Last edited by Dr. Bender; 10-15-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Dr. Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013   #65
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

I'm hoping that PA comes to Netflix, at least streaming. I just got a subscription.

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013   #66
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

It is going to be released on Amazon VOD right? I don't use iTunes anymore, and I don't like really using XBox video as it isn't exactly multiplatform.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013   #67
jariah
Lurker

Only have an android tablet, so no itunes. Is there a way to watch this movie.?
jariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013   #68
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by frice2000 View Post
It is going to be released on Amazon VOD right? I don't use iTunes anymore, and I don't like really using XBox video as it isn't exactly multiplatform.

The movie is also available via Amazon VOD

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Alice-...=paradox+alice

- Miss Mako -
MsMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013   #69
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bender View Post
Summary:
Watch the movie! I know I've ripped into it a bit but it's still awesome. Challenging to watch due to some of the content but worth watching, particularly for TG transformation fans and fans of Mako.

Thanks for the review, Bender And also thank you for helping support us and the effort it took all these years to finally get the movie out there!!!

Cheers

Miss Mako
Unread 10-15-2013   #70
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by trc071880 View Post
hello
i just wanted to say that i rented Paradox Alice last night on my xbox( didnt think it was out yet) and i have to say it is worth every penny. Im not a huge sci fi fan but i did enjoy this. Just my 2 cents oh and the TF...its top notch...Mako should be proud!

YAY!!! So happy you liked it TRC!!!

- Miss Mako -
Unread 10-15-2013   #71
jariah
Lurker

Horrifying and terrific, once again another great work from you and your team Mako. Congratulations. Well worth the price tag.
jariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013   #72
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

It's the best TG movie I've ever seen.

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote