free hit counters
Paradox Alice - Page 7 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-16-2013   #73
MsMako
Lover

Re: Paradox Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsangeo View Post
It's the best TG movie I've ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jariah View Post
Horrifying and terrific, once again another great work from you and your team Mako. Congratulations. Well worth the price tag.

Thank you!! That's awesome to hear
MsMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013   #74
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

While it is one of the better TG movies out there it suffers greatly from simply awful writing. Your writing is fine and even good in pure TG terms it doesn't work for a full movie. It's kind of very awkward and way too full of TG tropes to be taken seriously if you don't share this fetish. If you want to make these movies in the future and want them to have wider success then just for fans of the fetish then you really need someone else to write this stuff.

That's not to say I don't think people should give this new movie a watch. For what it is it's quite good. Just think if you had at least a non-tg fan as an editor you'd have a far far far better movie in general even if it had the same premise.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013   #75
MsMako
Lover

Thanks for your opinion, frice. If I do ever make a M2F TF movie again, and I want it to make billions, I'll take your advice under advisement. But I'm already happy with the feedback and positive conversations I've had with professional peers in the industry about my work, even being praised for the script. So I'm happy with the outcome. Both personally and professionally. I took a big chance on making a very personal film. Not the Avengers #11. The great thing is this movie when compared to all my TF other works has been the most well received yet. I've made other movies that have made over 600 million dollars as well. I know the difference of what it takes to make a mainstream over a personal indie film. It all comes down to what I wanted to do in the first place.

Cheers

Miss Mako
Unread 10-16-2013   #76
lolo2001
Frequent Poster

I wanted to buy it but i can't from south america it's blocked on amazon.
lolo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013   #77
thatnightwolf
Frequent Poster

Rented it yesterday, then immediately bought it to own after the rental period expired. I'm a sci-fi buff as well as a fan of TG transformations, so this movie was right up my alley. I've been following Mako's work for quite some time and I had been anticipating this release for at least a few years now. I'm happy to report that it lived up to expectations. The transformation sequence in the film is stunning, but doesn't overshadow the rest of the film. It's a pleasantly enjoyable watch. I hope Mako does well with it. His success is much deserved.
thatnightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013   #78
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatnightwolf View Post
Rented it yesterday, then immediately bought it to own after the rental period expired. I'm a sci-fi buff as well as a fan of TG transformations, so this movie was right up my alley. I've been following Mako's work for quite some time and I had been anticipating this release for at least a few years now. I'm happy to report that it lived up to expectations. The transformation sequence in the film is stunning, but doesn't overshadow the rest of the film. It's a pleasantly enjoyable watch. I hope Mako does well with it. His success is much deserved.

Thanks nightwolf!! So glad you enjoyed the movie - and thank you very much for helping support it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo2001 View Post

I've had several peeps ask me how they can get the movie where it's not available for them in their country. What I recommend for those who can't wait for a future release there - is to look for the DVD's being sold out of Asia (specially out of Japan and Taiwan). These I've been told are official releases. I know of a number of peeps who have bought them myself. Just have to make sure you can play them. I've seen these pop up on Ebay, Amazon and Various Asian Store Websites.

- Miss Mako -
Unread 10-17-2013   #79
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo2001 View Post
Could possibly use a VPN service to trick Amazon into thinking you're in the US. It's how I view UK BBC stuff and Canadian TV stuff even though I live in the US and have a US IP. I use https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ . Not exactly sure it'll work for you but it's worth a shot.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013   #80
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by danio13 View Post
I might check this out, if only to rent it.
Hey... any little support helps
Unread 10-20-2013   #81
00LinK17
the Support

Cool Re: Paradox Alice

Allright, time for the film reviewer in me to speak up.
Overall, I enjoyed PARADOX ALICE. Mostly because I have followed Mako's work for years and privately thought that no one, Hollywood especially, had the courage or, forgive me, "balls" to tackle this type of subject matter seriously, [see Deathstalker and Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde]. The movie, while still an audience picture, was made more accessible to a main audience which I appreciated more than you can know. One of my favorite aspects that I don't think everyone noticed on first watch was RED's little emoticons that would appear in the corner of "her" vision and external display. Nice touch.
*Mild SPOILERS AHEAD* The film was very well-managed and the tg sequence was one of the best yet. The characters were well-developed, with the exceptions of Kat whom I believe was dispatched a bit too early, a la Planet of the Apes, but perhaps that was the point. However, the ending threw me. It felt like something along the lines of, "we wrote ourselves into a corner and felt we needed one last twist". I disagree, I felt the most appropriate ending would have been one a la INCEPTION, with a scene an unknown amount of time later with RED simply saying "Captain?", as if to show they found a hospitable planetoid and then smash-cutting to black. Or my personal preference would be the Blade Runner-esque ending, with an uncertain type of hopeful ending with no guarantees. Eh, oh well oh hell.
Overall, PARADOX ALICE is a good film, but not quite a great one. It has flaws, sure; what film doesn't? But the details, effects, and narrative kept myself as a viewer intrigued and interested. Good job. 4/5
00LinK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013   #82
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00LinK17 View Post
Overall, I enjoyed PARADOX ALICE. Mostly because I have followed Mako's work for years and privately thought that no one, Hollywood especially, had the courage or, forgive me, "balls" to tackle this type of subject matter seriously, [see Deathstalker and Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde].

Thanks 00Link17. Not only for supporting us and the movie but also taking the time to give your thoughts. I will never claim PARADOX ALICE is a perfect movie by any stretch of the imagination - but I can try and explain what I was trying to set out to do.

**SPOILERS AHEAD**

The ending of the movie was always planned from the beginning. But I can understand why you feel that way. All I can say is that the moment Kat dies - and the three men have that one moment when a wall of light blasts through them - is when the "puppet masters" begin to manipulate things on the ship. What do I mean by that? I mean the "puppet masters" are the very same ALIENS we see at the end. The nose bleeds. The hallucinations. Psychotic breakdowns. RED's self awareness. Even the transformation. All an effort to try and keep the human race alive. The fish bowl was the main metaphor for the film. The RED QUEEN was basically a fish bowl to the ALIENS. At least that's how my twisted mind worked.

There's a fine line between spelling everything out for everyone too much and wanting to have people try and work out the hints and riddles for themselves. The "power surge" Foxe thinks happens... is no "power surge" It was always planned to end on the shot we did. Did I have more story to tell? Hey... it's me. I always have more. I am currently working on a sequel as a comic. Cross my fingers it works - but it does get into more detail as to the bigger picture of what people might be missing from the actual movie.

** END SPOILERS **

- Miss Mako -
Unread 10-21-2013   #83
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtx View Post
For a low-budget sci-fi, I was happy with it. The writing, effects, and set design reminded me of a few episodes from the 90s revival of Outer Limits, so it was a familiar atmosphere, and I was comfortable with what I was being shown.

Thank you too DTX for supporting us and the movie and taking the time to write about it. Means so much!!!! I can try and answer some of your list of items below as best as I can:

*** SPOILERS AHEAD ***

1. I can understand you not 100% buying the Jim and Alice relationship. For me I wanted to show two different ways that men might react towards trying to win the lone female over. O'Byrne was the more aggressive and physical and Grey was the more emotional and respectful side. This to me was crucial in Alice deciding to go with Jim. The scene where I wanted her to say to herself "I am going to be with Jim" is when he breaks down and reveals his deepest secret to her. Something he never did to his family nor even Alex when he was a man. It was a moment where I felt Jim needed to expose himself and let Alice in. What's funny is that Jade - my producer - really wanted Jim and Alice to have sex in that one scene. But I felt like as a character - if Jim was legit and really cared for Alice - he would be more concerned for her safety than having sex with her. Which is the direction I ended up taking over my producer - who was a woman. LOL I'm a softy sometimes

2. I also understand your not wanting to deviate from the TG elements. But I needed to also keep the PLOT going and not just focus on only the character elements alone. It was important to me to keep up the tension of two men struggling with each other over the last female. Like watching the Discovery Channel of two males fighting over the lone female. It also helped stereotype how men look at women. So in a twisted way - I was also showing how much O'Byrne and Grey were stereotyping Alice based on her looks alone. Which in some way is also a part of that TG Theme.

3. I 100% agree with you. I too do not believe Alice or her offspring would really be able to build a stable gene pool. But like I mentioned in my previous post above - I am currently working on a comic sequel to the movie. The continuation of the story - which may hopefully shed more like on what is to come next Heeheeheeheehee

*** SPOILERS END ***

Oh and if you haven't already - could you please please please rate and review the movie for us on iTunes?? It would mean a lot. We are somewhat getting bashed in what I sometimes feel is people getting worked up over the TG content (some reviews I've read seem very enraged and hateful). In the past I've actually had men send me death threats for saying "I'm a man hater" while women have praised my awareness towards stereotypes. Weird. So I guess this isn't much of a surprise. I have read some legit reviews of people just not liking the movie for various reasons (especially the low budget) - but I'm surprised at even that considering we are not a major release or big studio movie either. Oh well... can't please everyone

Cheers!!

Miss Mako

Last edited by MsMako; 10-21-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Unread 10-21-2013   #84
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtx View Post
Mako,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's always interesting to see the thought process! Best of luck on that comic!

No problem. I literally just sent out the first chapter of the comic to start being worked on. So fingers cross