free hit counters
A choice? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-07-2008   #1
LOD
Tieing a Knot Or two

A choice?

I've seen people say millions of times that we choose our sexual orientation, but I'm not so sure. I sure as hell didn't choose to love shrinking and growing. I even remember feeling odd after reading a story with shrinking in it when I was 9. When you're that young you don't even know anything about sex or fetishes so how can someone say that we choose them. Dose anyone here remember thier earliest fetish experience? Did you choose your fetishes?

Claire's Project

Last edited by LOD; 10-07-2008 at 07:45 PM.
LOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008   #2
Tancred
The french guy

Re: A choice?

No! Some people believe that it is a chose but it isn't. ;-)

And I've finally got my website! ;-)
Tancred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008   #3
Setzer
Recovering Lurker =P

Yeaaaah, but if it's hard coded....how the FUCK was I hard coded liking cowgirls?

Seriously. I really have no idea. And it really does end up translating to being similar to homosexuality in some cases. It's, without getting graphic, a preference of that type that not only would be ostracized, but one we can never really take a part in. So what part of our genetic code made us like this?

Only thing I can think of relates to my opinion on homosexuality. It's part of evolution and a zenlike balance to the world; homosexuality's a way to keep population in check. Can't breed accidentally, more likely to adopt as well. Just a guess.
Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008   #4
NuclearKite
Kinky Utterances

No flamewar intended, but chemical imbalances in the brain have been linked to homosexuality and certain sexual fetishes.

I will try and find a link, Its been a while since I saw it.
Unread 10-07-2008   #5
TrumanGrace
Process Disciple

I think it all extends to trying to define what determines taste. I think taste is determined by a complex combination of natural, organic processes and environmental stimuli.
TrumanGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008   #6
Cadell
Custom User Title

I can remember having an unhealthy interest in inflation and transformations at an early age. Before the double digits at least.
Unread 10-07-2008   #7
timberwolf69
awhitetimberwolf

yup. always loved the weird cartoons, where something weird would happen. I used to love the episodes that took place in dreams or nightmares. Loved the old 80's toons like TMNT or Real Ghostbusters you could almost guarantee something weird would happen each week.
Unread 10-07-2008   #8
Lord T Hawkeye
It's play time!

Next time someone says it's a choice, challenge them to put themselves into the frame of mine where they're attracted to their own gender. Just for a minute or two.

They can't. Next question!

Hey Dollyteers! Dolly's got herself a comic now! Go check it out!
Lord T Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008   #9
The-Pro
Frequent Poster

I've had a thing for transformation of all kinds since before puberty. And yet even before puberty it was sexual in nature. The first time I ever got sexually excited was fantasizing about being TGed into Princess Jasmine from Aladdin, and I was in preschool. I have no idea how that works.
The-Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008   #10
Ordos
Process Fan

If I may hazard a personal theory...

A bunch of people believe that a number of the more esoteric fetishes are the result of inadvertent classical conditioning. Early in puberty arousal can come sporadically for seemingly random reasons and places. If one of these random bouts becomes associated with a particular stimulus, say a transformation scene in a movie, then its possible for recollection of that theme to trigger the arousal. A stimulus is associated with an unrelated result (arousal), and as a result the stimulus can beget the arousal later on.

In that sense, it may in fact be possible to manipulate those same conditioned responses to remove or add triggers. Maybe.

That said, I remember reading that there appears to be a slight difference in brain composition between straight and gay people, so it may in fact be a biological issue. Of course, that doesn't necessarily apply to fetish interest.
Ordos is offline   Reply With Quote