free hit counters
Robot to human - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-04-2008   #1
chachazero90
Process Disciple

Robot to human

I guess the best example is Pinocchio. From puppet to human.

Heres a similar example from Negima!
Chachamaru the robot wears a special skin that makes her look human:
http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/175/07/

And heres a funny example of when you give a robot emotions and wind her up:
http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/190/17/

So yeah, from something mechanical to human.
chachazero90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008   #2
lordsathien
Deadite

Re: Robot to human

There was an entire episode of Red Dwarf where Kryton was turned into a human.
lordsathien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008   #3
MysteryShadow
Frequent Poster

There are two references I know

Bicentennial Man and a what if episode of futurama were bender the robot becomes a human by the work of prof. farnsworth.
MysteryShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008   #4
TB Tabby
Process Disciple

Two obscure instances.

"The Machine: Pride of Pinbot"
A pinball machine with a "building a robot woman" theme. If you play well enough, she enters a "Metamorphosis" stage and becomes human. She's also a non-process giantess, according to The backglass.

"Starbears"
An obscure animated movie. One of the characters is a robot bear who is shot near the end of the movie, and saved by a deus-ex-machina force and turned into an anthro bear girl. Cute, but in the "litter of puppies" way, rather than the "I could tap that" way.

Last edited by TB Tabby; 09-04-2008 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Coding error
TB Tabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008   #5
TroyXavier
Frequent Poster

The Mighty Orbots has an episode where Ohno (I think that's the spelling) wishes to be human to be closer to the human who leads the team.......but without her being a robot, the other bots can't marge.
Unread 09-25-2008   #6
DwarfPriest
Process Fan

Two obscure gaming references, though no process is shown.
Megaman: In the original series, it's said that somewhere between Megaman 3 and 4, both Megaman and Protoman become human through some weird machine. Megaman is, then, forced to be made into a robot again to fight Cossac. Protoman's change would have made him get a change of heart and decided to help Megaman in MM4 (before they retconed it to a fake Protoman fighting Mega all this time, in MM5).
There is a scene with Megaman entering a machine and coming out with his armor, though. I think there's another like that in one of the SNes games, as well, though that one he is just putting on his battle armor.
Bomberman:The original Bomberman game had the following storyline: The main character is bomb-making robot, that works in a factory. He hears about tales that if one escape to the surface world, he'll be granted a wish, so he fights his way out to freedom, and he would use said wish to become human.

And who can forget 18 from DBZ? Well, to tell the truth, I never understood that part very well...
Unread 09-25-2008   #7
CyberVixen
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfPriest View Post
Two obscure gaming references, though no process is shown.
Megaman: In the original series, it's said that somewhere between Megaman 3 and 4, both Megaman and Protoman become human through some weird machine. Megaman is, then, forced to be made into a robot again to fight Cossac. Protoman's change would have made him get a change of heart and decided to help Megaman in MM4 (before they retconed it to a fake Protoman fighting Mega all this time, in MM5).
There is a scene with Megaman entering a machine and coming out with his armor, though. I think there's another like that in one of the SNes games, as well, though that one he is just putting on his battle armor.
Bomberman:The original Bomberman game had the following storyline: The main character is bomb-making robot, that works in a factory. He hears about tales that if one escape to the surface world, he'll be granted a wish, so he fights his way out to freedom, and he would use said wish to become human.

And who can forget 18 from DBZ? Well, to tell the truth, I never understood that part very well...
Actually that came from an episode of Captain N: the Game Master called "Happy Birthday Megaman", and it was Megaman and Megagirl who became human thanks to the Warp of Life. The scene in the intro of Megaman 4 is showing a flashback of Megaman's conversion from housekeeping robot to combat robot.
CyberVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2008   #8
DwarfPriest
Process Fan

Damn, I could swear the article I read was about the original game series. It even mentioned Protoman. Oh, well...