free hit counters
Wooden statue-human - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-05-2008   #1
chachazero90
Process Disciple

Wooden statue-human

A new series just aired called Kannagi.
The main herione of the series is a girl who was once a wooden minature carved out of the wood from a sacred tree:

Here are pics from the first episode including the process:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008...ot-kannagi-01/
chachazero90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008   #2
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: Wooden statue-human

I recall the manga posting for this, or something very similar. I still don't think I'd consider that process. To me it's still about as much a transformation as an egg hatching.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008   #3
chachazero90
Process Disciple

Isnt cracking the best form of process from stone/ wooden statue to human flesh.
As long as the wood or stone is human shaped cracking should be fine.

If not can you suggest a better form of process.
chachazero90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008   #4
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Well consider that it's not just wood to flesh. Beneath the wooden form there is also clothing. Looking at how thick the wood is that came away, it doesn't look as though it were ever part of her, rather it looks as though it were simply covering her. As if she were just resting beneath it waiting for an excuse to come out of hiding.

Now, if it had been wood to flesh, there would be no reason for it to break away. Wooden grainy texture could have faded to softer flesh. The clothing, either could have been obtained later, or more humorously she could have had rigid wooden clothing covering her body. Then at least it would have looked as though wood became flesh rather than a whole person and their clothing being hidden inside a block of wood.

As far as stone goes, no it's an entirely different matter. The only example I can give of stone breaking away to reveal flesh under would be from the Gargoyles series. As far as petrifications go, I prefer that a person's clothing and personal affects do not petrify along with them, if it's only the living parts of them that turn to stone, or wood, glass or metal it emphasizes that something happened to the person, and not just that they were covered with a hard substance and are perfectly fine beneath it.

Last edited by TF-Viewer; 10-05-2008 at 09:23 AM.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote