free hit counters
Expansion Fan Comics - official updates - Page 7 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-09-2014   #73
Xtrem
Process Ambassador

Re: Expansion Fan Comics - official updates

I'll only say one thing : considering how much membership costs, I'm not really happy seeing everything getting out free on DeviantArt. Sure, it's your website, you do as you wish. However, I'm reconsidering my membership because of such a thing.
Unread 08-10-2014   #74
spacemonkeys
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrem View Post
I'll only say one thing : considering how much membership costs, I'm not really happy seeing everything getting out free on DeviantArt. Sure, it's your website, you do as you wish. However, I'm reconsidering my membership because of such a thing.
yeah i was totally thinking the same thing
spacemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014   #75
Valeyard Vince
Process Disciple

Quote:
While I do understand your concerns, please consider the broader picture: Yubari currently has 32 comics available and has only released 3 on DeviantART for Free. That's still over 90% of the content exclusive to members only, a percentage which shall only increase as the releases keep coming.

These Free Comics are just to give people a general taste of the site's catalogue, which Mr. Yubari also does with his giantessfan lineup.

Some people need more than a quick glance to be convinced that signing up is worth their hard earned money. For example: despite the high quality previews we'd already posted prior to releasing the full comic, one gentleman was only convinced that The Cleavage Crusader series was worth the membership fee after he'd had a chance to read the first issue.

We never meant to make you (or any of our current customers) feel cheated, and I hope you continue to do business with us and enjoy the comics we produce.
Valeyard Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014   #76
Xtrem
Process Ambassador

We will see.

I do understand where Yubari needs to go. It doesn't mean that it pleases us.

We will feel cheated a bit every time you'll release a comic. We will feel LESS cheated if it's a really old one.

Problem is, this is my most expensive subscription at the moment, and even if there are good times, I don't feel as fulfilled as I used to be. Quality is extremely uneven, should it be art-wise or story-wise. As an example, I do consider The Cleavage Crusader as one of the stories I like the less and every time I see a new chapter popping, I feel my money is wasted.

I hope you do understand also where I stand : I am a commissioner. Money given to subscription gives me "random" comics. So I expect exclusivity and quality. No more, no less. Else, I'd rather help all the artists who are always happy to see me.

I raised my voice, because I'm not the type to turn my boots, close my account and leave the website feeling like there's a random loss of revenue. However, some may act like that. I think Yubari might reconsider how he choses his scripts and artists for the comics. Since subscription fee is most likely something which can't be changed.

Last edited by Xtrem; 08-11-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Xtrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014   #77
Bareon
I'm not excited.

If the issue was co-released on the site as free, would you care as much? Because I know some people get annoyed at having to pay for a comic, then seeing it released later free is the kicker, but if it starts free, is that such a thorny point for you?
Trying to find some kind of middle ground for this, yes?

-BlueBerserker
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=254362 -- my Pixiv boobiez collection
http://pixiv.me/baeron -- also works! 2x the links for 1x the page~! or somethin.
Bareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014   #78
Xtrem
Process Ambassador

Well, it would be indeed less problematic.

But I think Yubari decided to manage the things his way.
Deciding to use the ebsite money to give freebies to perfect strangers and not the subscriptors might be his best idea or his last move on the website.

I'm part of the guys who think that if we don't get a clear reason about why our money was used on DA like that, then it's best to wait on DA without being a subscriptor.

Seriously, would you work for somebody and have the boss tell you : "20% of your wages are being given to people in the streets. We need more clients." ?
Unread 08-12-2014   #79
BillPratt
789th level Draco-Ninja

And for the opposing view...

Some of it needs to be released as promotional material and frankly it is going to be front end loaded. You need to attract attention in the early going. Release too little and not enough people know you exist for you to pay your expenses. Release too much and you reduce the incentive to purchase.
BillPratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014   #80
J Yubari
Frequent Poster

Apologies for getting to the thread late. I've been too busy at a comic con to get on the forums.

I will be quick and to the point. Releasing a "free comic" once in a blue moon should not cheapen the value of the comic. You want more pages and better quality art work? Gaining an audience is imperative to keeping it going and a free comic is a great way to get peoples' attention.

This isn't a normal occurrence; it was just one promotion to help the website and spread the love. Please relax, enjoy the current comics and brace yourselves for some great exclusive comics that are on the way.
Unread 08-17-2014   #81
BillPratt
789th level Draco-Ninja

Really, the fun part is playing Whack-A-Mole with e-hentai and the file-sharing sites. Strike down one copy and two shall take it's place.
BillPratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014   #82
Valeyard Vince
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPratt View Post
Really, the fun part is playing Whack-A-Mole with e-hentai and the file-sharing sites. Strike down one copy and two shall take it's place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnz_cUlxM9U
Valeyard Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014   #83
Xtrem
Process Ambassador

J Yubari, it seems you were indeed busy, sine it seems you only read my last post.

I'll state it loud and clear here again, so that people can see my point and can agree or disagree with me. Which may help you to change the website in the good way.

For Cleavage Crusader, I would indeed want an explanation. Was the comic applauded and appraised by fellow members ? For me, I do consider it's a failure comic, so it may be just me.

As far as you want to release free comics or give free images, I'll just say this : for comics, go for the older ones, like the first 4 or 5 ones you released. Plus, I do consider most of those as the top of the website, so I think people would enjoy them more. For free images, no comment. I would have rather had a second commic free than see that.

If you REALLY want more audience, you may consider lowering the membership fee. Not by much, but you're one of the most expansive ones of the market, and I know what I'm talking about. Sadly, I can name a website 3 times cheaper than you, with constant quality, and with stuff which is directly coming from the fans. Then, you may tell me that your stuff is ALSO coming from the fans. I'll just state I went once on SizeForum and never came back for the lack of appeal, all in all.

As far as I'm concerned, less than half of what's coming is tickling my interest. Lin's rounding is the one I'm looking forward, because you're trying something new. Tender Mercy looks great, but more for the quality of the art than the story. (I commissioned the artist as a test and was really happy with quality, so I do consider the comic as a success already) And I may take a look at Meta-fiction love story. Genetic Destiny looks arather blah, and I hate Inflated Ego, so seeing 2 add-ons is a huge turn-down.

The only thing I really look forward and isn't on ? The comic EUDETENIS is making for you. Sorry to say, but it'll be your first high-class quality manga in your lot, if you ask me. But I may be biased, since she's one of the artists I love to commission.

I'm not here to destruct a website or its reputation.
However, the more things are being talked, the more I'm getting the feeling that people are missing the point of my disappointment, if it isn't OUR disappointment.

Last edited by Xtrem; 08-17-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Xtrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014   #84
J Yubari
Frequent Poster

Quote:
J Yubari, it seems you were indeed busy, sine it seems you only read my last post.

I'll state it loud and clear here again, so that people can see my point and can agree or disagree with me. Which may help you to change the website in the good way.

For Cleavage Crusader, I would indeed want an explanation. Was the comic applauded and appraised by fellow members ? For me, I do consider it's a failure comic, so it may be just me.
The comic is a failure? Based on what objective criteria? I don't mind you saying you didn't "like" the series but to call someone's work a "failure" is hyperbolic and downright insulting to the people who created it. Valeyard Vince and Octo have actually received praise by some fans for the comic series, which is why we have continued making new chapters. Just because you are a subscriber doesn't mean you should be rude to the content creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrem
As far as you want to release free comics or give free images, I'll just say this : for comics, go for the older ones, like the first 4 or 5 ones you released. Plus, I do consider most of those as the top of the website, so I think people would enjoy them more. For free images, no comment. I would have rather had a second commic free than see that.

If you REALLY want more audience, you may consider lowering the membership fee. Not by much, but you're one of the most expansive ones of the market, and I know what I'm talking about. Sadly, I can name a website 3 times cheaper than you, with constant quality, and with stuff which is directly coming from the fans. Then, you may tell me that your stuff is ALSO coming from the fans. I'll just state I went once on SizeForum and never came back for the lack of appeal, all in all.
Which website is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrem
As far as I'm concerned, less than half of what's coming is tickling my interest. Lin's rounding is the one I'm looking forward, because you're trying something new. Tender Mercy looks great, but more for the quality of the art than the story. (I commissioned the artist as a test and was really happy with quality, so I do consider the comic as a success already) And I may take a look at Meta-fiction love story. Genetic Destiny looks arather blah, and I hate Inflated Ego, so seeing 2 add-ons is a huge turn-down.

The only thing I really look forward and isn't on ? The comic EUDETENIS is making for you. Sorry to say, but it'll be your first high-class quality manga in your lot, if you ask me. But I may be biased, since she's one of the artists I love to commission.

I'm not here to destruct a website or its reputation.
However, the more things are being talked, the more I'm getting the feeling that people are missing the point of my disappointment, if it isn't OUR disappointment.
It's impossible to make each and every comic appealing to each and every person's taste. I try to strike a decent balance to overall please everyone. I've had mostly good feedback from the fans thus far. Instead of stating what you don't like why don't you provide more positive feedback on what you DO like so we can make more of it?

Tags
boobs, breast expansion, comic, illustration