free hit counters
Regressing to the Mean (new AR/AP Comic) - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > AP/AR

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-21-2011   #13
kuenbu
The Chocolate Giantess

Re: Regressing to the Mean (new AR/AP Comic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing your art applied to a solely AP comic.

I know it's not likely to happen If it did, it'd be the first one I'd buy!
I strongly agree with this statement! Hey Dreamtales, anyway we can get an AP growth comic from you. No shrink, no AR? I'd buy it!!
kuenbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011   #14
Adobeman10
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuenbu View Post
I strongly agree with this statement! Hey Dreamtales, anyway we can get an AP growth comic from you. No shrink, no AR? I'd buy it!!
I wouldnt! lol
NO more AP, or Giantess! There are tons of movies, stories and everything else in that genre.

Hey Dreamtales, thanks for the acknoledgment and i hope you like those suggestions of stories. But again, this was a great deal, and more than worth the price. Considering how screwed I get every month with Expansion comics, and BE-story club. This is the best deal on the Net.

And yes the artwork was good too. But I do want to see More Lauren and Betsy, with a little more edge next time. I do love those charachters.

Thanks again for all the great work.
Adobeman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011   #15
Dreamtales
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuenbu View Post
Hey Dreamtales, anyway we can get an AP growth comic from you. No shrink, no AR? I'd buy it!!
Hi Kuenbu! I?ll definitely keep that in mind. Actually I am working with Bojay on a new Age Progression comic that is only AP, no AR or shrinking. It should be ready in a few months or so. It?s a shorter comic (9 pages) that I?ll probably combine with an AR / AP comic. You really like clothes bursting, don?t you?

About the artwork, I can appreciate the comments. It is REALLY difficult to find a good age regression / age progression artist. There are really very few artists out there who are capable of showing a person getting older or younger in a convincing way. The guy at Palcomix does it really well, I think, as does Bojay. Also if you look at any size-changing comic (even Marvel and DC) it?s not unusual to have a lot of variation in size, etc. I think there are very few AR / AP comics out there, period, beyond these two artists.

Just so you get an idea of the difficulty, the way Palcomix works is that I send then the script and they translate it into Spanish and send it in to their artists in Peru. A few months later I get the art back, completed, without any chance for comments. So I?m pretty much stuck with what I get. One of the reasons I like the Pepper Pair is that they will provide sketches and will respond to comments. Add to that that Palcomix just raised their prices by 20% and you can see it?s not easy to produce these comics.

That said, I think the artist did a really nice job here. He?s created a whole world of a girl?s summer camp, with a bunch of major characters, and made it very believable. This is really not an easy thing to do and I can tell you a lot of artists would just refuse to even try (I know, because I?ve been asking various other artists for quotes).

So anyway I do appreciate the comments and your support. I?m hoping this one will sell well, because I?d like to keep making these comics.
Dreamtales is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011   #16
rabbit_king
lord to all rabbits

is there going to be a new suzy and frank coming up. dont get me wrong i really enjoy these i just enjoy suzy and frank a bit more.
rabbit_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011   #17
Dark Oni
Process Fan

A few things came to mind when reading about the complaints and suggestions.

First of all, as Dreamtales said so well, it is not an easy thing to create your own artwork. It takes a lot of planning, a decent amount of money and great patience and even then you don't always get what you want. I've done it before and am just too lazy now to keep trying. I therefore commend Dreamtales for his consistent efforts.

Second, it was worth the money. Granted, I buy all the AR and SW art that comes out but even so think it would be worth it to any AR / AP fan.

Third, as to the concept being played out, maybe. Only so many ways to make variations on the same tune I suppose. I'd certainly agree that Lauren needed to be meaner. Betsy needed to drop to infancy so we saw all the stages of regression. There did need to be more humilation, especially from any 'new' little friends of Betsy's she might have annoyed. Put Betsy into different outfits and situations then she's been in before; Baby buggy anyone? Etc. Bottom line, more bang for the buck. Still good, but could have been better.

Fourth, Adobeman, great idea on 'Small Addition'. I've always liked that story and your new ending would be awesome, especially if the sight of her adult body caused her to become so upset that her regressed emotions caused a tantrum and she was shrunken again 'for her own good'. Speaking of emotional trauma causing a character to regress, may I make a fan's plea? Please, please, please continue 'Tweaky Tuesday'. Things had just gotten really good.

Oni.
Dark Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011   #18
RarManiac
Process Fan

To those who think I am being too harsh, or flaming, it's not intentional if it comes out that way. I'm just blunt. When I see a comic advertised as AR, I have some pretty specific things in mind, and the last several comics have been extremely underwhelming on the AR side. Tale of Two sisters had non existent actual AR. Big Splash had it's AR overshadowed by the shrinking it was combined with, and this comics AR was incredibly minimal, and not terribly heavy on the process at all.

Also, yeah, I have to say I prefer "mean" AR as well. I thought that Remembrances of Sisters Past really hit a great balance and delivered the goods for both AR and AP fans at once, as did Squirt. (and anyone who thinks I'm overtly negative can likely find glowing comments for those if Dreamtales posted them here) I think you should look back to those two for where the AR needs to be. That said, I still buy the comics you commission because it's expensive, and your damn near the only person who still does it. Even if it's pretty hit and miss lately, it deserves the financial support.

Even if I do bitch about the end product. (which I feel I have the right to do after spending my moolah on it) That's probably the only post I've ever made here that goes beyond two sentences.
RarManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011   #19
jeffr_2bya
Archivist of Ar & aP

Generally slow aP/Ar isn't my thing, but I like this comic. $10 bucks is cheap for an ar/ap comic. I bought old comic books that cost five times as much and the Ar/aP wasn't half as good.

I think too many people whine about a good thing. Instead we should offer encouragement and friendly suggestions.
jeffr_2bya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011   #20
Adobeman10
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Oni View Post
A few things came to mind when reading about the complaints and suggestions.

First of all, as Dreamtales said so well, it is not an easy thing to create your own artwork. It takes a lot of planning, a decent amount of money and great patience and even then you don't always get what you want. I've done it before and am just too lazy now to keep trying. I therefore commend Dreamtales for his consistent efforts.

Second, it was worth the money. Granted, I buy all the AR and SW art that comes out but even so think it would be worth it to any AR / AP fan.

Third, as to the concept being played out, maybe. Only so many ways to make variations on the same tune I suppose. I'd certainly agree that Lauren needed to be meaner. Betsy needed to drop to infancy so we saw all the stages of regression. There did need to be more humilation, especially from any 'new' little friends of Betsy's she might have annoyed. Put Betsy into different outfits and situations then she's been in before; Baby buggy anyone? Etc. Bottom line, more bang for the buck. Still good, but could have been better.

Fourth, Adobeman, great idea on 'Small Addition'. I've always liked that story and your new ending would be awesome, especially if the sight of her adult body caused her to become so upset that her regressed emotions caused a tantrum and she was shrunken again 'for her own good'. Speaking of emotional trauma causing a character to regress, may I make a fan's plea? Please, please, please continue 'Tweaky Tuesday'. Things had just gotten really good.

Oni.
I have a final draft of tweaky tuesday and will have it hopefully fleshed out within the next few weeks.
Adobeman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011   #21
Dreamtales
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit_king View Post
is there going to be a new suzy and frank coming up. dont get me wrong i really enjoy these i just enjoy suzy and frank a bit more.
Actually the next Palcomix comic is a Suzy & Marilyn AR story, which also features AP. Plus the Pepper Pair (from the Big Splash) are doing a 50 page SW / GTS story also starring Suzy & Marilyn. Both of these will probably not be ready for several months.
Dreamtales is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011   #22
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Just a pure AP comic? I don't know what the other fellow is smoking but I rarely see AP comics.

And no, I don't want Giantess.
Unread 01-22-2011   #23
jimroberts
Process Fan

I enjoyed this story quite a bit. Good plot progression, good story, interesting bits throughout.

I've pointed out before that DreamTales seems to be more conservative in each story, likely due to pressure as to how some people perceive AR. Personally, I think more "money shots" would help the exact same story - this one had no nudity, very slow process, and only one very tiny loose clothing shot. As someone else pointed out - maybe Betsy finding her padded bra and wondering how she ever wore such an enormous thing (maybe even trying it on) might help, or not having Lauren always in a bra, or a bit more active process.

I'm not a big fan of meanness/revenge/getting even in AR/AP, although I agree that's a major plot point in all the Betsy/Lauren stories, so for those who like this, accentuating the teasing/control might help.

Overall, a great story that could have been even better had Dreamtales showed more process in action.

I definitely give this story a thumbs up, and encourage everyone to get it.

Last edited by jimroberts; 01-22-2011 at 06:07 PM.
jimroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011   #24
MadmanDarkHeretic
Bouncy Dragongirl of Love

*gets* *Reads* Kinda cute, and I liked the overall friendly tone really.
MadmanDarkHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote