free hit counters
How do you leave? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-04-2018   #1
wandering_spirit
Just a wanderer

How do you leave?

I've noticed that I have been procrastinating a lot, and I need to cut off a bunch of different things... one of them being here.

So, is there a way to manually remove our membership from the Forum?

"In this egotistic world in which we live in, it is sometimes to wonder if we shouldn't be like mirrors for others to deem us worthy to be looked at." - 'Le Chat'

wandering_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2018   #2
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: How do you leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering_spirit View Post
I've noticed that I have been procrastinating a lot, and I need to cut off a bunch of different things... one of them being here.

So, is there a way to manually remove our membership from the Forum?
I doubt that would solve the problem. If the lack of self control is the issue, there's nothing really that's going to stop you from recreating an account here and wasting more time, other than you exercising your own will to decide not to come here. And if you could do that then you don't need to remove your account in the first place. So just decide to do the things you need to do and stop doing the things you don't need to do, or you'll just end up back here again with a new account anyway.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2018   #3
sally g

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
I doubt that would solve the problem. If the lack of self control is the issue, there's nothing really that's going to stop you from recreating an account here and wasting more time, other than you exercising your own will to decide not to come here. And if you could do that then you don't need to remove your account in the first place. So just decide to do the things you need to do and stop doing the things you don't need to do, or you'll just end up back here again with a new account anyway.
With respect TF-Viewer, I think the poster has a valid point about removing their account from a forum they no longer wish to use. Whatever the reason might be.

We don't have these issues about leaving social media sites and the like, so why should it be any different on places like this?

You shouldn't have to contact a moderator or the Admin to request that your account be terminated (and with it your personal details), it should be a straightforward personal choice of action.

Or is it assumed that we also have a fetish for being prisoners?

Admin please note.

Last edited by sally g; 09-04-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Unread 09-04-2018   #4
OhZone
OhYeah!

I hate to see anyone go, but you can PM The Governor and ask him to disable you.

Or I could just ban you. ha

But Teffie and Sally both have good points.

What I do to focus, I learned from work and my Uncle. I write down a list of things I want to get done. Like, [ ] Clean House [ ] Call Vicky [ ] Get groceries , etc. And I have a second list of what I am going to do next, which I add to as I go. And it's more creative and flexible. I'll say, 1- clean table but then I remember I wanted to take my vitamins so I'll add 2- take vitamins but then I forgot that I wanted to get paper towels from the garage first so I'll put down 0- get paper towels from garage. So I'll go to the garage and grab some from the big BJ's paper towel megapurchase then dash back in, clean the table, then take my vits, but then I remember the next things I want to clean, so I'll add them to the to-do-next list. Usually, I'm listening to music and singing and dancing (badly) as I clean house. Ha. But I get everything done, and still have time to glance at sites like this!

Last edited by OhZone; 09-04-2018 at 04:11 PM.
OhZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2018   #5
wandering_spirit
Just a wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
I hate to see anyone go, but you can PM The Governor and ask him to disable you.

Or I could just ban you. ha

But Teffie and Sally both have good points.

What I do to focus, I learned from work and my Uncle. I write down a list of things I want to get done. Like, [ ] Clean House [ ] Call Vicky [ ] Get groceries , etc. And I have a second list of what I am going to do next, which I add to as I go. And it's more creative and flexible. I'll say, 1- clean table but then I remember I wanted to take my vitamins so I'll add 2- take vitamins but then I forgot that I wanted to get paper towels from the garage first so I'll put down 0- get paper towels from garage. So I'll go to the garage and grab some from the big BJ's paper towel megapurchase then dash back in, clean the table, then take my vits, but then I remember the next things I want to clean, so I'll add them to the to-do-next list. Usually, I'm listening to music and singing and dancing (badly) as I clean house. Ha. But I get everything done, and still have time to glance at sites like this!
Let me put it this way:
- My works don't have the quality of what people usually post here, and I haven't posted anything forum-worthy for a while.
- I work as a security guard, meaning on-call schedules that change every week.
- I used to spend a lot more time on this site than I currently do. Before, thanks to the role-play I was part of (nearly all of them died out due to lack of players), I would be on here more often. Nowadays, I hardly do it.
- I tend to do most of the house chores since my folks and my sister work every day.
- I try to work out one hour a day as well.
- Today, my biggest problem is that I spent too much time on Youtube (and not on process-related stuff).
- I barely spend any time to write or publicize my book (which wouldn't fit the fetish-heavy atmosphere of this forum, even if it has a few process bits in it).
- I spent most of today waiting for things (laundry, dishes, calls for my folks, etc.) and barely did anything else.

When my work days are less busy than my at-home days... well, it just feels like I have too big of a bowl of soup and too small of a spoon to eat it with.

"In this egotistic world in which we live in, it is sometimes to wonder if we shouldn't be like mirrors for others to deem us worthy to be looked at." - 'Le Chat'

wandering_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2018   #6
OhZone
OhYeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering_spirit View Post
Let me put it this way:
- My works don't have the quality of what people usually post here, and I haven't posted anything forum-worthy for a while.
- I work as a security guard, meaning on-call schedules that change every week.
- I used to spend a lot more time on this site than I currently do. Before, thanks to the role-play I was part of (nearly all of them died out due to lack of players), I would be on here more often. Nowadays, I hardly do it.
- I tend to do most of the house chores since my folks and my sister work every day.
- I try to work out one hour a day as well.
- Today, my biggest problem is that I spent too much time on Youtube (and not on process-related stuff).
- I barely spend any time to write or publicize my book (which wouldn't fit the fetish-heavy atmosphere of this forum, even if it has a few process bits in it).
- I spent most of today waiting for things (laundry, dishes, calls for my folks, etc.) and barely did anything else.

When my work days are less busy than my at-home days... well, it just feels like I have too big of a bowl of soup and too small of a spoon to eat it with.

Sounds like you're pretty busy, yeah.

I would tend to suggest writing down, "avoid distractions like the process" - ha. But seriously, if you really can't handle just Not Logging In, just ask The Guv to lock your account or something for now.
Unread 09-04-2018   #7
BillPratt
789th level Draco-Ninja

Change your password to a randomly generated combination of nonsense.
BillPratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2018   #8
OhZone
OhYeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPratt View Post
Change your password to a randomly generated combination of nonsense.
I was thinking that. Ha.

But then, I wonder if you have to enter it twice?
Unread 09-25-2018   #9
sally g

Last edited by sally g; 09-26-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Unread 09-28-2018   #10
ArcaneBEFan
Illegal Shrink Ray Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
I was thinking that. Ha.

But then, I wonder if you have to enter it twice?
https://www.random.org/passwords/?nu...t=html&rnd=new

JAauCAsQPDtL
LVddwqKTDGKD
G7bHYvRSydZF
WpHm58Fcjc8H
2XRFNP6zXqWF

Get a password, like one of these, from that link. That way you'll be able to enter it twice. But as long as you never save your login? You'll NEVER remember what it was.
Unread 09-28-2018   #11
sally g

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneBEFan View Post
https://www.random.org/passwords/?nu...t=html&rnd=new

JAauCAsQPDtL
LVddwqKTDGKD
G7bHYvRSydZF
WpHm58Fcjc8H
2XRFNP6zXqWF

Get a password, like one of these, from that link. That way you'll be able to enter it twice. But as long as you never save your login? You'll NEVER remember what it was.
I'm beginning to think this place should be renamed the "Hotel California"

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!"

Edit: It seems a successful departure can be achieved (by pm to the chief Admin). So mine is pending as I speak.
If I miss the chance to speak to any friends before I leave, I'd like to wish you all well and hope you continue to have fun!

Last edited by sally g; 09-29-2018 at 04:56 AM.
Unread 09-30-2018   #12
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote