free hit counters
MMD Growth Galore - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-27-2013   #37
taintedburro
Now with 50% more Idiocy!

Re: MMD Growth Galore

Well thank you guys for your support and feedback. I appreciate it, honestly. Most other posts that I read from different areas would describe these videos as "mediocre", uninteresting, or just unwanted.

I figured most of these MMD videos don't contain much comedic parts in them, so I thought why not and began to apply that aspect to them. I love working on these, and try to use new ideas as I practice creating them. There is another one I plan on making but there's something I need to make for someone else first. With that said, if there's something you'd like to see, or have some constructive criticism to share, just let me know. I can't please everyone, but the least I can do is try.
taintedburro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013   #38
Phoenix the II
Keyboardsmasher

Quote:
Most other posts that I read from different areas would describe these videos as "mediocre"
Seems you've been posting on the wrong area's
Here we love any content related to process. If it has growth, jackpot
Phoenix the II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013   #39
taintedburro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix the II View Post
Seems you've been posting on the wrong area's
I have never posted these videos anywhere (except Great White Wolf Momiji. I posted that once before). It's just that I've heard in different forums that they don't really like MMD. So I never posted them.
Unread 07-27-2013   #40
Clickme
Tiny Lesbian Cat approves

I think youce done some greAt works. The part I like is that it's uncomplicated. It's just simply about the growth. And it's well animated. I will say music can be a bit distracting but that's a personal nitpick.
That meteor made absolutely sure that He died for our sins.
.................................................. ......The shattered dreams that make you whole...
...broken hopes that bind your wounds...
..........................there is a purpose to this darkness
__________________________________________________ Can you believe in this?
Clickme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013   #41
taintedburro

Someone did say they didn't really like the music, but it wasn't bad either. I figured I'd try to liven it up a bit with the character's theme music. I did however take into consideration what they said and used just ambient sounds in the next video. I still plan on using music in some videos, but I think the placement and possibly the timing are what needs work. The volume too, so that it doesn't just cancel out majority of the sound.

I do my best to keep a good focus on the main point of the video, while still adding other things to give it a little variety, like a back story or scenario. That way you're not just watching the same element over and over. Trying to keep it fresh so to speak.
Unread 07-27-2013   #42
Clickme

I think he minimal setup works in favor f the shorter clips like this. But it's justly opinion . Hey guys! Let's head some opinions ^_^
.................................................. ......The shattered dreams that make you whole...
Unread 08-09-2013   #43
taintedburro

Ugh... got another one for you guys. The amount of work put into this was grueling. I apologize for the fast texts in the beginning, as well as the progression leading up to the growth spurts. It's bad and I drove myself mad trying to figure out how to use MMM. Hopefully the animation in the second half will be enough to make up for the beginning.

Please enjoy yourselves. Constructive criticism is welcome and desperately needed to improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZKUiQlLtk
Unread 08-09-2013   #44
Allogagan
Growth Fan

I liked it
Allogagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013   #45
Phoenix the II
Keyboardsmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedburro View Post
*snip*
Lets embed that :3

Phoenix the II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013   #46
Clickme

I liked the links to the other vids but... I liked the slower and more separated spurts of the previous vids better. Its a personal taste. I think you did well, but I think the slower vids would be a n improvement. I also liked the spurts with a bit more tkmig between them like in the vid you did with the wolfgirl in the orange bikini.
Unread 08-11-2013   #47
taintedburro

As I have stated before, my timing was way off. This is basically like a type of side project I'm trying to work on.

After a while I thought I'd put my writing skills to work with the ones I'm learning right now to try and create a small series or short story. I'll still be making more videos similar to the other ones, that will not be relevant to this recent one. They will be separate from my story.

I used MMM in this video due to the fact that the Scale function is seemingly unlimited, and the bones also change in size to match the model, making it easier for me to pose rather than shifting the camera between the model and the bones. However the problems I notice is that I cannot change the speed of the growth, or even keep the models in place as they grow, so I need to repeatedly register the same position so they'll stay in place.

I noticed in Jim Jimbo's new video that he is able to make Sonico grow bigger without growing too fast. Perhaps I'm overlooking something in MMM or he is simply using both MMM and MMD together. I'll figure it out eventually.
Unread 08-11-2013   #48
Expansionist
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedburro View Post
Ugh... got another one for you guys. The amount of work put into this was grueling. I apologize for the fast texts in the beginning, as well as the progression leading up to the growth spurts. It's bad and I drove myself mad trying to figure out how to use MMM. Hopefully the animation in the second half will be enough to make up for the beginning.

Please enjoy yourselves. Constructive criticism is welcome and desperately needed to improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZKUiQlLtk
Well, I'm not sure I'll be able to offer anything constructive...I love your videos as they are - I'm not sure what could constructively improve them, technique wise! Unfortunately I can only offer my personal feelings on these, but first I want to thank you for the time and effort you've spent on these! They are a refreshing change from the norm in growth sequences in general (though I do love the norm, don't get me wrong) and so thank you for trying something different!

With regard to the above video, I agree with Clickme in that I prefer the slower growth spurts you've had in the previous videos, but I still thoroughly enjoyed your latest one! I do like how you're tying them together into a single narrative.

To answer the question you've posted on your channel - I watch your videos for the growth, humour and characters combined. The formula you've used so far just works so well.

Do you have any plans to make a direct sequel to the "Free Sample" video at all? The way that ended left me wanting more with the other girl spotting the potion bottle. :P

Anyway, thanks again for your time spent on these!
Expansionist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compilation, growth, mmd