free hit counters
Gauging Interest - Rogue with a Cursed Ring - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 03-18-2017   #13
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

Re: Gauging Interest - Rogue with a Cursed Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK View Post
If you are interested in doing it, shouldn't that be all that matters? Why is interest from others an influence in how you spend your time?
I am interested in doing the story, LK. I've wanted to write one for awhile. My first thought was to punish the maid turned sorceress from my book A Goddess's Gifts, still might just thinking of appropriate torments for the rest of the cast. But I didn't expect to find myself in a D&D that would let me actually explore this fetish. One I've arguably been into since I first watched The Incredible Shrinking Woman as a little girl.

But like everything I do, I want to have my own spin/take on it. It doesn't hurt to ask the people in the genre what they're interested in seeing. I had a number of people tell me the Futa in A Goddess's Gifts was a turn off but there was enough attribute theft and breast expansion to offset that for the others. I wanted to write a futa story, but I still wanted to have my favorite fetishes in it. Breast Expansion, Breast Reduction, Breast Envy and attribute theft.

Altered Realities I wanted to tell a time travel novel but I knew that the mage would be making up for his lack of anything in the story and worked into it that he had a size fetish, he wanted to be bigger than anyone could hope to be, and used that on the main girl. I just wanted to take the spin of time travel changing reality and to fuel that I used attribute theft.

This story would be slightly different cause I would primarily be working on Shrinking Women, and maybe breast expansion or breast reduction, certainly breast envy as she shrinks in size. Because those interest me. The basic premise is rogue w/ cursed ring and learning to deal with her size change. Anything else that's in the novel would probably pop up as I'm writing and I see how the story progresses.

Quote:
While having someone be the primary driver in the progression towards some transformed state is interesting and good subject material, what would compel the character to use a cursed ring with such an obvious detriment on her long-term well-being? If she wants people to fear her, wouldn't turning into a half-pint have the opposite effect? Or is that her story -- that she has to learn to lose that as it becomes physically impossible to intimidate.
You've kinda hit the nail on the head, she has to learn that it's physically impossible to intimidate when you're 4', 3', 2', etc tall and she has to cope with her changing world.

Quote:
A ring of growth that increases her size with every spell used would seem more complimentary, but that would eventually reach a point where the character becomes a true villain.
The only problem with that is that GTS stuff really doesn't appeal to me. Probably because I'm a tall woman, 5'10ish, I already don't find a lot of guys who are interested in me, either too short or too tall, so the only reason I've done GTS scenes in Altered Realities and A Goddess's Gifts is because those books needed those scenes, in my eyes, to complete them.

Also keep in mind everyone, I'm just the player in this game. So the GM is giving us the writing prompts, so to speak, and my character would be reacting to the world. At least in the first draft. What happens in the second draft is anyone's guess. I've had some novels turn completely on their head from one draft to the next as I find what works better.

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them" - Thomas Sowell
"Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry." - John Wesley
"But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'" - Rob Lowe, Thank you for Smoking
Janus Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2017   #14
LK
Process Disciple

Ok! Uh. Good luck!
Unread 03-18-2017   #15
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

Quote:
Ok! Uh. Good luck!
lol, thanks LK. I long ago realized that the way I approached making my stories put me into a very distinct category. I often compare myself to indie movie producers because I want to create my dream, and luckily for the most part I've always been in a position to not have to worry about the financing side.

I'm ok with being a unique author. As long as folks like my books, I'm happy. And so far everyone has loved 2 of the 3 I've done. Though to be honest my first novel really needed an editor and that got in the way of making it a great story. I learned from my mistake and pay for editors now. IF I'm going to try and sell it. If I'm just writing it for fun I'll just right it and away I go.

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them" - Thomas Sowell
"But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'" - Rob Lowe, Thank you for Smoking
Unread 04-19-2017   #16
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

Alright...

So the Rogue with a cursed ring has utterly changed into a girl cursed to shrink when she is feeling inferior. I'm calling it Tiny Joy's right now.

I just wrote a portion of this and would love some feed back. The entire portion of this, I'm trying a new writing tech when you just write the scene and then connect them together, takes place over a protracted set of text messages.

I'm still not 100% sure how to do texts in this but please. Let me know what you think of this scene. I have another couple of scenes I'm working through my head. Scene one she shrinks in a hot tub with her crush, scene 2 she shrinks in a pizza parlor with a fellow student. Eventually the crush is going to have the ability to control her shrinking and I have a scene where the two are studying and things aren't going well for the M.C.

Like I said, the concept really changed since I first did this and this was written today on my cell phone during a 4 hour call... figured I'd do something productive while the head office was telling us all about new features and stuff.

I think the thing I'm most disappointed with is there is no... real sense of fear in this. I want it to be a slow shrink from 4'10" to 2'5".

And I happily take any suggestions from the folks who live in this genre everyday.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Tiny Joys.doc (48.5 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by Janus Steel; 04-19-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Unread 04-21-2017   #17
Raso719
Frequent Poster

It's scattered, which I guess is expected. I had a hard time figuring out where some scenes started and ended. I do think you should try ro give a slightly better sense of her size at times. Let it happen slower and work it out more.
Final suggestion is a personal preference but don't give her a size limit and definitely throw in some in person teasing between the main character and another girl where that girl makes her feel incredibly small.
Raso719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2017   #18
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso719 View Post
It's scattered, which I guess is expected. I had a hard time figuring out where some scenes started and ended. I do think you should try ro give a slightly better sense of her size at times. Let it happen slower and work it out more.
Final suggestion is a personal preference but don't give her a size limit and definitely throw in some in person teasing between the main character and another girl where that girl makes her feel incredibly small.
Sasha herself has a limit... but her main rival, the villain of the story is going to actually push her past her 1" limit. I wanted Sasha to feel like she could be safe in knowing she was never going to shrink past that. Jenny changes that.

Thank you for the feedback Raso. I'll take another crack at this and see what I get.