free hit counters
Viking Wolf on Netflix friday - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-03-2023   #13
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Re: Viking Wolf on Netflix friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer1 View Post
Yeah man, waiting for two year and there literally was the whole TF scene in that preview review clip from last year I was hoping there would be more and that was edited but no.
Notice that I've been repeteadly bashed in this forum when I've foreseen this. This is what exactly happens in every single werewolf movie we are having since long ago. :P :P And no, I am not happy with that, I would have preferred to be wrong this time, for a change.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2023   #14
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

All day long I've been thinking about how disappointed I am with how this movie turned out. We just can't have nice things I guess.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2023   #15
Rei-Lin
Process Master

If you all want to see the TF for what it's worth: https://youtu.be/XebePQ0Fo9g
Unread 02-03-2023   #16
TF-Viewer

Thumbs up Re: Viking Wolf on Netflix friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Lin View Post
If you all want to see the TF for what it's worth: https://youtu.be/XebePQ0Fo9g
My favorite part is there's exactly 3 seconds of it at the end that weren't from the trailer.

What was this movie even trying to be? The interviews had them talking like they wanted this to be iconic,
how it was inspired by AWIL, Yada yada. But ultimately they made the same missteps every other werewolf movie always does:

Scene is too dark.
Constantly cutting away.
Mostly off screen.
No details.

The rules of their version of lycathropy also weren't clear. She didn't change until she looked at the moon, but only changed a little the first night, and finished changing the second night, but never changed back. So it's a permanent wolf type but only if you stupidly look at the full moon after being infected? If that's how werewolves work in that world how would it not just be a plague of wolves or people staying indoors at night to never trigger their changes?

Lastly, how does someone cast a gorgeous girl like that in a role where she turns into an animal permanently? No undressing during the transformation, or before it, and no nude reverting scene? A huge part of why werewolves are cool is it's an excuse to get the character naked. So in every sense this movie was just wasted potential.
Unread 02-03-2023   #17
Rei-Lin
Process Master

I've heard that there is more to the Transformation that what was shown in the trailer and on the actual show, but some of it was cut out for whatever reason. I suppose there's some more that can come from this thing, but at this point, just throw money at Rose so she can make molds and castings and do practical effects and in a few years she'll be #1 for Werewolf content.
Unread 02-04-2023   #18
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Genuinely, I'm just about done with the community and it's asinine mentalities. Anyone trying to paint that TF scene as a "disappointment" has completely lost the plot. It's at the point where if something isn't a shot for shot remake of AAWIL it's trash.

Is the scene perfect? No. I think they handicapped themselves by making the setting on a bus, rather than the protagonist's home (which would also make the following scene less clunky). With that said, it's still one of the best scenes to come out in a while, outside of Rose's work, which is a unicorn in it's own right. I can think of one, maybe two scenes that are on par or better in quality that have come out in the past couple of years, yet you've got people going around crowing about how it's some total letdown. Honestly, had this been some random find that popped up, rather than be a movie we were waiting on, and got a sneak peek at, I guarantee people's tunes would be a lot different.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2023   #19
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
My favorite part is there's exactly 3 seconds of it at the end that weren't from the trailer.

What was this movie even trying to be? The interviews had them talking like they wanted this to be iconic,
how it was inspired by AWIL, Yada yada. But ultimately they made the same missteps every other werewolf movie always does:

Scene is too dark.
Constantly cutting away.
Mostly off screen.
No details.

The rules of their version of lycathropy also weren't clear. She didn't change until she looked at the moon, but only changed a little the first night, and finished changing the second night, but never changed back. So it's a permanent wolf type but only if you stupidly look at the full moon after being infected? If that's how werewolves work in that world how would it not just be a plague of wolves or people staying indoors at night to never trigger their changes?

Lastly, how does someone cast a gorgeous girl like that in a role where she turns into an animal permanently? No undressing during the transformation, or before it, and no nude reverting scene? A huge part of why werewolves are cool is it's an excuse to get the character naked. So in every sense this movie was just wasted potential.
This. I would't change a comma here.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2023   #20
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

I watched the movie last night, and it was just a paint-by-numbers plot of everything else we've already seen. It literally felt like the screenplay was written by AI software after it viewed every other werewolf movie. I was able to predict what the next scene was going to be based on what came before. As for why the actress didn't get nude during her TF scene, well, she's supposed to be 15 or 16, right? (though I believe the actress is older, like in her early 20s or maybe 19). Disappointed? Again, I must point you here:

https://subscribestar.adult/rose-crowley-werewolf
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2023   #21
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillerboy View Post
Genuinely, I'm just about done with the community and it's asinine mentalities. Anyone trying to paint that TF scene as a "disappointment" has completely lost the plot. It's at the point where if something isn't a shot for shot remake of AAWIL it's trash.

Is the scene perfect? No. I think they handicapped themselves by making the setting on a bus, rather than the protagonist's home (which would also make the following scene less clunky). With that said, it's still one of the best scenes to come out in a while, outside of Rose's work, which is a unicorn in it's own right. I can think of one, maybe two scenes that are on par or better in quality that have come out in the past couple of years, yet you've got people going around crowing about how it's some total letdown. Honestly, had this been some random find that popped up, rather than be a movie we were waiting on, and got a sneak peek at, I guarantee people's tunes would be a lot different.

Maybe you're okay with what was there, but there's no reason to go after people that weren't. I would have been okay with this one if there had been 20 seconds more to the TF beyond what was in the trailer. Doesn’t need to be a recreation of AWIL at all. But that TF was rushed, and the rules made no sense. Like they tried to blend 'Ginger Snaps', 'AWIL', and 'Company of Wolves' all together in one quick shot and it becomes incoherent with the setup. Multiple iterations of that film seem to be mixed together and different versions of the TF from each are represented in one print.

Her hood is up from start of the TF to the end, but there's also a shot of her ear stretching with the hood down mixed in. The wolf is basically hatching out of the girl's skin, but her nose still slowly darkened to a wolf nose over the course of 24 hours. She lifted her shirt to reveal her belly changing to the audience, not to examine it herself, and all that changed was the skin turning into what looked like scar tissue. She started ripping off the skin of her arm for no reason but to reveal fur underneath, prompted by nothing, not even a hint from the character as to why she would start doing that. Scene could have been a minute longer to show she was getting itchy at least and was scratching at her dying outer layer of humanity. It wasn't a good scene, or a good movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
I watched the movie last night, and it was just a paint-by-numbers plot of everything else we've already seen. It literally felt like the screenplay was written by AI software after it viewed every other werewolf movie. I was able to predict what the next scene was going to be based on what came before. As for why the actress didn't get nude during her TF scene, well, she's supposed to be 15 or 16, right? (though I believe the actress is older, like in her early 20s or maybe 19). Disappointed? Again, I must point you here:

https://subscribestar.adult/rose-crowley-werewolf
The actress is 21, it's pretty common to have people play characters that are younger than themselves. 'When Animals Dream' had a similar age character played by an actress in her 20s as well.

Yeah, I can see where you'd get the idea that A.I wrote the script, and these days that's a real possibility. I've yet to see a really positive review of this one.
Unread 02-04-2023   #22
oezdemircan aydinoglu
Frequent Poster

Mah.
1. It was decent. 5/10
2. Should've shown more.
3. No revert. Ugh.
4. Side note, the Norwegian coat of arms is so fcking badass bro
oezdemircan aydinoglu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2023   #23
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

I understand fully why some people are so disappointed. I feel for you, the TF was certainly not everything it could have been. But I also think it would be a good idea, in general, to maintain some perspective when looking forward to any project like this. Creatives are not making werewolf projects with fetish material in mind except in extremely rare cases, and so they are gonna do things that miss the mark or leave things out that feel vital to us. It might be better to recalibrate to being happily surprised when something is good than rending our clothes when things aren't great. Overblown negativity can make it rough to post here, but more importantly, I don't think it's healthy or feels very good for the people who experience it when these things happen.

On the other hand, let's also not attack people who are feeling disappointed. Everyone has different things that make them happy with this already very strange interest, and what works for you may not work for them. When projects with a decent budget featuring lady werewolves can be years apart, surely we can dig deep and find a little empathy for folks who are sad when one of these rare opportunities doesn't pan out for them? We don't have much else beyond this community so it would be wonderful if we could keep it a nice place.

Here's hoping the next project of this sort turns out better for everyone!

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2023   #24
oezdemircan aydinoglu
Frequent Poster

Pro tip: keep your expectations low when it comes to female werewolves. Always.

Except for Rose Crowley. What a queen.
oezdemircan aydinoglu is offline   Reply With Quote