free hit counters
Female werewolf film betsy - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 06-27-2017   #37
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Re: Female werewolf film betsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman View Post
Just bumping this up. A bit discouraging there has been more postings about a new project than this one. Hopefully its just being edited.
Dude, literally look at the post above yours. We know the DVDs will be shipped in August. Outside of that, there's nothing to talk about, because there is no further info to talk about. All we can do is wait another month and some change.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2017   #38
movieman
Lurker

Sorry, but when people put money into a project it is in the best interest of that person asking for it to at least provide the occasional update. Not just through a surrogate having to ask for information. No update on the facebook page since mid-April. The company's website still hasn't even changed their own website to reflect the change from June to August when asking people to pre-order the DVD. I have no doubt about the process and not even suggesting that backers are in any way getting screwed. We may not have anything to talk about because we don't know anymore. Doesn't mean there isn't anymore to know.

This isn't about impatience. It's about professionalism. And an immediate response like that is counterproductive.
movieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2017   #39
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman View Post
Sorry, but when people put money into a project it is in the best interest of that person asking for it to at least provide the occasional update. Not just through a surrogate having to ask for information. No update on the facebook page since mid-April. The company's website still hasn't even changed their own website to reflect the change from June to August when asking people to pre-order the DVD. I have no doubt about the process and not even suggesting that backers are in any way getting screwed. We may not have anything to talk about because we don't know anymore. Doesn't mean there isn't anymore to know.

This isn't about impatience. It's about professionalism. And an immediate response like that is counterproductive.
They have the money, but I don't think they would not "respond", so fear not. The problem is that hype/advertisement is a talent that not many people have "by default", and in many of these small products it is normal that the people in charge of communication (if any) would lack of the basic promotional/advertisement skills or experience.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2017   #40
movieman
Lurker

See that is a more appropriate response. And is believable up to a point. Granted there might not be a lot to update if he is just in the editing process which is very internal and deliberate. But they were pretty active during the filming in posting videos about the production. So even if it is just to post something on Facebook or even simply on the IndieGogo page, it is just in their best interest to keep (at the very least) the backers updated. And those who pre-ordered the DVD on their own site.
Unread 06-27-2017   #41
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

I tend to agree that the lack of communication is frustrating, especially with the amount of money I spent on this project. I’m not saying the writer/director needs to update us backers every day, but as movieman pointed out, there hasn’t been an update on the Facebook site in over 2 months. As far as I know, he’s in the editing room and said he will lock the movie next month, with rewards being distributed the following month (in August), but I shouldn’t have had to chase him down for that info. It doesn’t bode well, but I don’t want to jinx anything.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2017   #42
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
I tend to agree that the lack of communication is frustrating, especially with the amount of money I spent on this project. I’m not saying the writer/director needs to update us backers every day, but as movieman pointed out, there hasn’t been an update on the Facebook site in over 2 months. As far as I know, he’s in the editing room and said he will lock the movie next month, with rewards being distributed the following month (in August), but I shouldn’t have had to chase him down for that info. It doesn’t bode well, but I don’t want to jinx anything.
Well, for the little info we had about the female werewolf TF, it is not going to have some of the things that most of us love from a good scene, so I am not expecting anything regarding the TF. Anyway, it could be an interesting indie horror movie, though. Who knows?
Unread 06-27-2017   #43
movieman
Lurker

Precisely (as to howlingfan's point) - that is all I was saying. You don't want to give the appearance of abandonment. And its like Shawn himself hasn't been active on his own Facebook page. Mostly amusing videos but also enough of a mindset to work on funding for another project. And if the company page still has "Ships in June 2017" on a pre-order page that doesn't look right. I had even tried contacting him about an opportunity that could have helped the film (I assumed it wasn't ready, but offered nevertheless) and never got a response.
Unread 06-27-2017   #44
lowes96
Process Master

I'm gonna go ahead and call it (This movie is probably gonna be a huge let down) maybe when it first started with that ultra sexy tease trailer just maybe we could've had something half way decent. But I hate to sound like a Debbie downer but ill be surprise if its any good...
lowes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2017   #45
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowes96 View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and call it (This movie is probably gonna be a huge let down) maybe when it first started with that ultra sexy tease trailer just maybe we could've had something half way decent. But I hate to sound like a Debbie downer but ill be surprise if its any good...
If “Betsy” is a bust, there’s always “Bonehill Road.” The only advantage “Betsy” will have over “Bonehill Road” (at least regarding the TF, which is probably the only thing that most people here care about) is that the actress in “Betsy” is more attractive than the one in “Bonehill Road” (okay, MUCH more attractive). Also, based on the few film clips and trailers I’ve seen of both women, the one in “Betsy” is a better actress (okay, MUCH better). Okay, so those are TWO things “Betsy” has going for it over “Bonehill Road.” “Bonehill Road,” on the other hand, will have the following:

1) The TF scene will be at least 1 or 2 minutes longer.
2) It will feature full nudity, as opposed to the shot of a bare chest in “Betsy.”
3) Riffing off of #2 above, there will be full-body shots of the TF, as opposed to mostly using close-ups.
4) There will be no skin ripping, as opposed to some skin ripping in “Betsy.”
5) The werewolf will have a muzzle.
6) The budget for the TF effects alone is over $15K. The budget for the entire production of “Betsy” was originally only $10K, though it was helped by a few fundraising campaigns.

Sorry, didn’t mean to turn this “Betsy” thread into one for “Bonehill Road,” but I couldn’t help myself. If I knew “Bonehill Road” existed, I wouldn’t have spent the money I did on “Betsy” (though I would still buy the DVD). It didn’t occur to me that there would be TWO female werewolf movies this year featuring a fairly extensive TF scene with practical effects.
Unread 06-28-2017   #46
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
If “Betsy” is a bust, there’s always “Bonehill Road.” The only advantage “Betsy” will have over “Bonehill Road” (at least regarding the TF, which is probably the only thing that most people here care about) is that the actress in “Betsy” is more attractive than the one in “Bonehill Road” (okay, MUCH more attractive). Also, based on the few film clips and trailers I’ve seen of both women, the one in “Betsy” is a better actress (okay, MUCH better). Okay, so those are TWO things “Betsy” has going for it over “Bonehill Road.” “Bonehill Road,” on the other hand, will have the following:

1) The TF scene will be at least 1 or 2 minutes longer.
2) It will feature full nudity, as opposed to the shot of a bare chest in “Betsy.”
3) Riffing off of #2 above, there will be full-body shots of the TF, as opposed to mostly using close-ups.
4) There will be no skin ripping, as opposed to some skin ripping in “Betsy.”
5) The werewolf will have a muzzle.
6) The budget for the TF effects alone is over $15K. The budget for the entire production of “Betsy” was originally only $10K, though it was helped by a few fundraising campaigns.

Sorry, didn’t mean to turn this “Betsy” thread into one for “Bonehill Road,” but I couldn’t help myself. If I knew “Bonehill Road” existed, I wouldn’t have spent the money I did on “Betsy” (though I would still buy the DVD). It didn’t occur to me that there would be TWO female werewolf movies this year featuring a fairly extensive TF scene with practical effects.
Have you seen the Bonehil Road actress (Dylinn Fawn Harvey) as brunette? You will be surprised how the hair color would change someone . Sadly, a bad actor is always a bad actor :P.
Unread 06-28-2017   #47
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
Have you seen the Bonehil Road actress (Dylinn Fawn Harvey) as brunette? You will be surprised how the hair color would change someone . Sadly, a bad actor is always a bad actor :P.
Yes, I did see the hair-color change and was quite pleased. Even I was surprised at how much it improved her looks, and it was my idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dilynn.jpg (106.9 KB, 166 views)
Unread 06-28-2017   #48
movieman
Lurker

Is that a still from Bonehill Road? I received an inside tip that we shouldn't expect the film by October.