free hit counters
Beach Blanket Blueberry-it has begun! - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Body Inflation and Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-04-2007   #13
Stephen
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnieberry View Post
(C) That little key next to the letter 'z' on your keyboard? That's called the 'Shift' key, and it makes letters capitalized where appropriate. Please, feel free to practice using it. Notice I said, 'where appropriate.' Please don't write your next reply entirely in capitals.)
dude he doesn't have to capitalize if he doesn't want to. this isn't a forum for proper grammar, ok.

Last edited by Stephen; 11-06-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007   #14
gz_ground_zero

Quote:
A) If you'd seen his gallery as you claimed, you'd have seen the cover, which shows a teenage girl. Not a child.

B) If you'd have looked through his scraps, you'd have seen more sketches of the 'Violet' character. Again, not a child. There's at least three sketches there, if you'd look first before getting riled up.
"Teenager" spans the ages between 13 years to 19. That's 6 years of vagueness. Any human being under the age of 18 is still considered a "child?, which leaves 2 years of your statement to fit into.

What are you basing her age off of? The fact she has breasts? Girls, on average, have fully developed breasts between the ages of 13 or 14, and first begin to develop them normally around 10.5 years. I would hardly think of them not being a "child" at that time.

I can see where the poster is coming from, though, as in all those sketches the girl looks like she's probably 15 at most. Also, walking through his gallery, the array of childhood icons succumbed by his hand (many of which in their respective stories are very under age) could give the impression that he is using under age characters in this comic.

Quote:
(C) That little key next to the letter 'z' on your keyboard? That's called the 'Shift' key, and it makes letters capitalized where appropriate. Please, feel free to practice using it. Notice I said, 'where appropriate.' Please don't write your next reply entirely in capitals.)
This makes you appear like you have no points at all, and are resorting to petty grammar nazism.
Unread 11-04-2007   #15
uruseiranma
Frequent Poster

To clarify the 'age issue' for my BBB characters

Hmm, I see that this post has veered from an announcement of the project to age issues.

As the creator, I'll try and clear the issue up.

The guy and girl in the comic are actually supposed to be 19. The scene is taking place after college finals (there was an allusion to this partly in page 1, and some more information will be told in Page 3).

I had originally thought of making the characters 'high-school age,' but realizing that 'certain articles of clothing might be popping off,' I decided that 19 would be their appropriate age. I just don't want to stop the comic and have one of those scripted lines like 'Well, I'm glad that being 19 years old and in college allows you to enjoy moments like this.'

On a final note, I just released page 2: http://uruseiranma.deviantart.com/ar...-Pg-2-69038545. I'm pretty happy with her name, which is Chinese in nature. What sealed the deal for her name, was when I found out what the last name 'Qing' means in Chinese.
uruseiranma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007   #16
Bunnieberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gz_ground_zero View Post
This makes you appear like you have no points at all, and are resorting to petty grammar nazism.
Godwin's Law rises yet again.
Meh.
Unread 11-04-2007   #17
Pietran
Frequent Poster

Oooo, liking the second page. Keep up the good work.
Pietran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007   #18
ToboR
Cubone Alone

That belt is going to play a big role later, I'm sure!
ToboR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007   #19
shadow

Am I the only one who thinks that this "Tyra Qing" looks vaguely like that Veruka(or whatever her name was, all I can remember is that her name reminds me of pickles for some reason) from Willy Wonka, right down to the blue clothes, and the belt?
Unread 11-05-2007   #20
samtoey
Lurker

i amend my earlier statements to Ephebophile and after seeing page two i can see it's an older character. this does not end my concern for his gallery but who am i the most awesome human being ever to question.
ps Bunnieberry I'll capitalize when i want.
samtoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007   #21
ProfessorMishap
Oh dear, not again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtoey View Post
i amend my earlier statements to Ephebophile and after seeing page two i can see it's an older character. this does not end my concern for his gallery but who am i the most awesome human being ever to question.
ps Bunnieberry I'll capitalize when i want.
Gawd yer grammer hurts my eyes, and said quote makes them bleed.
ProfessorMishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007   #22
Jedi_moogle_Cid
Guess where I found it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that this "Tyra Qing" looks vaguely like that Veruka(or whatever her name was, all I can remember is that her name reminds me of pickles for some reason) from Willy Wonka, right down to the blue clothes, and the belt?
...... She's supposed to look like Veruca Salt; that's the idea. *blinks* Where have you been all this time?
Crushed "You could still wear one!"
Stablehand "Oh my..."
visit me on dA!
Jedi_moogle_Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007   #23
shadow

In the broom closet...

Making out with the mop.
Unread 11-07-2007   #24
TB Tabby
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
You seem to be confused. Veruca's outfit was red. Violet wore the blue clothes and the belt.